Do Russians mix with westerners?

scubascuba3

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two Nephew's that married Russian women back in the states, They have integrated well in to life in the US, but also keep their Russian language, culture and food. Much socialization with many other Russian women that live in the same cities also married to U.S. men.

Young, great looking women that seem to welcome and enjoy the US way of life.

I never have interacted with Russian's in Thailand!

Cheers:.

Friend of mine, Russia-German (a German who grew up in Russia) and his wife (also Russia German) living in Australia, know many Russian women who married Australians and they have no good word for them. Some were even in bride catalogs, similar to Thailand.

I was wondering about his two nieces. He said they had

They have integrated well in to life in the US, but also keep their Russian language, culture and food. Much socialization with many other Russian women that live in the same cities also married to U.S. men.

Doesn't sound to me that they have integrated to much into America just brought a little bit of Russia with them and put their physical bodies in the states. Could be the same with the women your friend knows in Australia. We come here and live here out of choice. Yes some of us in fact a lot of us bring are former countries with us but we have the option of leaving if we don't like it. Many of us do interact with the Thais at a social level.

Before I moved to Thailand I was aware of the opportunity to have a mail order bride from Russia. I had heard there were many good looking ones available. I moved here and found one who was perfect for me. I wasn't even looking and there she was, Defiantly not a raving beauty or young 49 when I met her. But it was like she had been manufactured to my needs plus.

Yeah they still refuse to acknowledge pedophilia as sexual orientation and frown at gays. Bloody barbarians!

Not sure but I believe they do recognize pedophilia as sexual orientation.

They just condemn it and rightly so. I admit I might be wrong on that point.

I believe frown on gays to be shall we say and understatement.

As for Bloody barbarians! definatly got it in them they are part mongols. Remember what they did to the earth Genghis Khan as their leader killed close to 25% of the population or so it is said. Many large cities just completely killed them all men women and children. So yes they do have the capacity.

Anyway ... back to the actual question in the OP ...

it is hard to generalize. Tourists in general are doing their own thing with their own crowd. The singletons are often seeking new Thai friends, not new western friends. I'm not sure it's fair to say the Russians are any more or less open to mixing than other nationalities, but there is the linguistic barrier.

Well that makes sense if they are touring with there own crowd. But living permanently it should be different.

To each their own.

Yeah they still refuse to acknowledge pedophilia as sexual orientation and frown at gays. Bloody barbarians!

As for Bloody barbarians! definatly got it in them they are part mongols. Remember what they did to the earth Genghis Khan as their leader killed close to 25% of the population or so it is said. Many large cities just completely killed them all men women and children. So yes they do have the capacity.

by your logic, all germans would have the capacity because of what the naziis did to jews and slavs, all americans because of what the us army did to the native tribes, all turks because of what their government did to armenians etc etc!!

by your logic, all germans would have the capacity because of what the naziis did to jews and slavs, all americans because of what the us army did to the native tribes, all turks because of what their government did to armenians etc etc!!

Agreed, that logic is just plain stupid. You can add the Poms and French for what they did during colonial times, the Spanish for the inquisition, the Romans for enslaving half the known world at one time, etc. That comment is so stupid, it beggars belief.

• Like 1

I know some "Russians" quite well & have known them since they were fighting

in Afghanistan. Russia is a HUGE country and I reckon the OP should be more

specific as to who qualifies as a Russian. I mean there's the Ukraine (home of

very beautiful women who tend to live a very long time!), There's the Kazaks,

the Western Russians (aka Moscow types), Asian Russians, Siberian Russians

etc..etc...etc. And although today they are all called "Russians" their cultures

differ greatly. As for the question asked though...I will give this answer...yeah

they "mix with "westerners"....perhaps the mix will take some time to happen &

the westerner may have to start it in motion...but the "Russians" ...for the most

part are decent people.

Even though Ukrainians speak russian and belonged to the back then Soviet Union, they are from the country Ukranie (UKR to the left in the map), and not Russia. Same goes for Kazaks (Kazakhstan) etc.

russia-map.gif

As people from many other regions in the world, some are well educated, well mannered, others not so much.

Ukrainians speak Ukrainian, which resembles Russian.

Ukrainian (which resembles Russian as you say) is the official language, but many speak Russian. My bad.

There is very old and sophisticated emotional conflict within Russian society between so-called Westerners and Slavophiles. Why Russia is part of Europe continent but still not member of EU - because majority of Russians doesn't feel like Europeans, and they don't want to share so-called "European values". There are many who actually hate that kind of values.

Don´t worry, most of us Western Europeans do not think Russians, Polish, Slovkis, etc belong to Western Europe (or to some extent, not even Europe)

So it only makes sense, they don´t feel like we are like them, and we don¨t feel like we belong to them.

• Like 1

Live and let live......no race is perfect thumbsup.gif Enjoy Pattaya for what it is w00t.gif

Russian ain't a race ... coffee1.gif

Do you have nothing better to do you pedantic fool.

Clearly not. Better go out now and seek some Russkie PEOPLE to mix with.

Good idea...don't let the door hit you on the way out.....careful on the baht bus wink.png

• Like 1

Haven't read the whole post..but the Russians I have seen ...the young women are beautiful and friendly (what happens to them when they grow old....they look like men?????)

And the men.....well they seem to be the grumpiest people on the planet ....never seen them smile or laugh...guess its the tough enviroment they have to live in , in Russia..

This is just MY observations from a very limited perspective and limited number of Russia's seen.

As pointed out ....its a big frigging country!

I think Russian girls are nice to spend time with. Keep me busy.

Even introduced my family to a one Russian girl some weeks back when maman & papa suddenly decide to come for weekend in Hua Hin and surprise us.

Think it was surprise for everyone.

So I cannot complain about Russian people. Also - they spend lots of money on condo's, shopping, restaurant.....so good for business. The older ones past 40 years I think can be ugly and cranky but if they spend money why complain.

I wonder which language do you all want to talk with russians?? Russia is still the largest country in the world and people usually go abroad only for vacations and do this in a tour group. So the most of them don`t speak any foreign language. Just don`t need. Different as in the most western countries, almost every book is translated into russian, every movie. Learn russian if you want to contact russians or just stop to say bullshit about people and country that you don`t know at all. How many brits or yankees can speak any foreign language?? The world is not only english speaking, thanks God. By the way, I really don`t like russian people coming to PTT. But it`s still the same kind of people like from other countries. So you are just looking into mirror. If you go to PTT, don`t expect to meet russian professors there.

• Like 1

It's a rather strange question here. Why is the OP so concerned if russians mix with westerners? Honestly what does it matter?

Is he concerned if say chinese ppl mix with westerners. No of course not.

Is he creating some type of alliance/network thing with the caucasian looking ppl in a foreign asian country? Sounds stupid and rather racist if you ask me. Just go back to europe or the US.

Tend to agree. What is the point ? The Russians I've met in Pattaya who came regularly to our restaurant were very friendly, intelligent and pleasant people, - who like many other first time visitors to Pattaya, were a bit shocked by the bar scene, especially as many had come with their kids. The tourist brochures don't exactly fully represent the realities. The single male Russians are probably no different to many other nationalities. They all had trouble with the language, but I also noticed that many Russians were at least trying to speak some Thai.

All I have to go by is my experience. I have found Russians as a whole, to be the least friendly people on earth. They make the Chinese look positively warm! I have a lot of admiration for their culture, but as a people, they feel like human icebergs. Even just a polite nod, acknowledgment, or reply of any sort seems to be beyond them. Yes, they are westerners to some extent, but it feels like they do not like the planet as a whole. Am I wrong? Am I missing something here? I have known a few Russians over the years who were kind, intelligent, and pleasant. But, I cannot say I have run into any that fit that description here in the LOS.

mike macarelli

chaiyaphum, thailand