Hungry customer trashes Chiang Mai restaurant, gets shot

webfact

Lol.....what is sensible in Thai?

I know that you didn't really want an answer, but I have this fantastic Thai (speaking) English dictionary.....

I got it from http://paiboonpublishing.com/

It was not expensive but it has helped me both explain stuff with my wife and understand her better.

So I just Have to Share LOL:-

sensible adj. (cognizant) มีความรู้สึก mii-​kwaam-​rúu-​sʉ̀k

sensible adj. (conscious) มีสติ mii-​sà~​dtì

sensible adj. (perceptible to the mind) สัมผัสได้ sǎm-​pàt-​dâai

sensible adj. (reasonable) มีเหตุผล mii-​hèet-​pǒn

But, back to topic.

What does sensible have to do with anything?

Why are folk so interested in the stats of deaths by firearm, road etc.

What's the point?

TV seems to be full of very bored posters with little else to do.

Maybe this needs another thread? How bored are you?

The guy is 65 years old. Probably invested half his life in building up the restaurant. "Midnight Chicken, a famous fried chicken restaurant in Chiang Mai"

Here is a probable scenario. Some aholes from BKK arrive up north with their superior "I am better than you attitude". They get on the piss, pick up a couple of local girls, go to this famous restaurant (amongst Thais), demand immedient service even though the restaurant is shut, then start trashing the place after the owner tells them to come back later when he opens. Don't want to loose face to the lowly northerners. They treat the Esaan people with even less respect. Have come across this attitude numerous times.

• Like 2

It's a chicken restaurant, but I'm guessing the escalation was over the size of their cocks.

From what I have heard it would be fitting to say - "Fancy fighting over a little thing like that"...................................cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The guy is 65 years old. Probably invested half his life in building up the restaurant. "Midnight Chicken, a famous fried chicken restaurant in Chiang Mai"

Here is a probable scenario. Some aholes from BKK arrive up north with their superior "I am better than you attitude". They get on the piss, pick up a couple of local girls, go to this famous restaurant (amongst Thais), demand immedient service even though the restaurant is shut, then start trashing the place after the owner tells them to come back later when he opens. Don't want to loose face to the lowly northerners. They treat the Esaan people with even less respect. Have come across this attitude numerous times.

Spot on ! It happens all the time in the north, and around Issan, the arrogant BKK people head north and for some reason ??? think they have more power than the northern and Issan Thais and treat them like trash.

Used to see it a lot when I lived in Chiang Rai. As a result there was a lot of resentment up there when it came to BKK. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Thailand.

Almost #1 for murder percapita

Almost #1 for road deaths percapita

Come one Thailand, you can do it!

Another stupid comment from someone who has no idea whatsoever of the facts. But why let that get in the way.

Just a little education for you. Thailand isn't even in the top 100 for murder per capita. It has a rate of 4.8 per 100,000, slightly more than USA who are on 4.7. So USA is pretty much on a par when it comes to murder.

United Kingdom 1.2

Australia 1.0

No. 4 for road deaths though.

Thank you. Always nice to hear a voice of reason. I am also agree, that for the most part, this is not a violent place. Of course the violent goombahs get all the media attention. But, I think the vast majority of Thais are peaceful people, and would not resort to violence unless they felt their lives, or their family were being threatened. But, does anyone think this midnight chicken guy overreacted? Shooting someone because they threw over a tray of chicken? Guess that will teach his customers to have more respect!

So, was he throwing a food tray, or trashing the restaurant one hour before it opened?

This version of the story is slightly different than what was reported on the news. Doesn't really matter. But they did not say he "trashed the restaurant". He threw some food or something. Most people in C.M. who eat there know the owner and his family are a very unfriendly bunch.

as referred in original story.

Man Shoots Down Chicken Rice Merchant

A long-haired man was reported to have shot down a chicken rice merchant after the merchant refused to give him a big portion of sauce. After the merchant refused to give him the sauce for the chicken rice, the long-haired man pulled up his gun. He shot 10 times at the merchant but the merchant luckily survived.

PATTAYA – May 28, 2013 [PDN]; Police officers of Pattaya City police station were informed that a suspect used a gun to shoot down a chicken rice shop at Thepprasit Rd. Police immediately sent out a team to investigate the incident.

The incident happened at a commercial building, where the chicken rice shop is located at. When police arrived at the scene, 35 year-old Sakpadung Benjakul was already waiting for the police. The gun’s bullets didn’t hit him except that a bullet luckily scraped his head. He was only lightly injured by the bullet. Police found 9 mm. sized bullet cartridges around the scene.

When police questioned Mr. Sakpadung, police were made aware that a Thai customer, estimated to be aged 30, came in to eat with his girlfriend at chicken rice shop. As he was eating, he asked Mr. Sakpadung, the shop’s owner if he could have more sauce, but the man who asked for sauce wanted him to put the sauce in a soup bowl. But Mr. Sakpadung refused as he said it would be a waste. After that, Mr. Sakpadung reached the man’s sauce cup, but he accidentally dropped the cup, making the man extremely unhappy. He then went on to fight Mr. Sakpadung, but he couldn’t fight as he was smaller than Mr. Sakpadung. He then further insulted him and fled with his girlfriend.

Mr. Sakpadung then told the police that the man came back after 5 minutes with a gun in his hand. He fired 10 bullets at Mr. Sakpadung and his shop, making his shop receive damage and he himself was injured as well. His customers panicked as soon as they saw that was shooting at the shop, they ran away as fast as they could. After the suspect fled, Mr. Sakpadung noticed that his head was scraped lightly by a bullet, which made him luckily survive.

Police then told the police around the area to watch-out for the suspect. Police then questioned witnesses around the area, they also checked out the local CCTV cameras. Police are now investigating incident and has promised to have results in the near future.Police Arrest Chicken Rice Shop Gunman

Police arrested a long-haired man, who was found guilty for shooting down a chicken rice shop. He intended to shoot the owner of the shop as he did not give him a big bowl of chicken rice sauce. Making the long-haired man angry and shoot down the shop.

PATTAYA – June 2, 2013[PDN]; At 08.30 AM, Police Maj. General Katcha Tatsart, Commander of Chon Buri police together with various police chiefs in the region teamed up to arrest the suspect who shot down a chicken rice shop in Pattaya a few days ago, which was a hot topic in the region. The man who was arrested was identified as 26 year-old Mr. Watcharawong Leelasirinuwong, he was arrested after he tried to kill the owner of a chicken rice shop in Pattaya. It was reported that he used a 9 mm. handgun in the incident. The owner of the shop was slightly injured, a bullet just went by his head, making him lucky to be still alive.

The suspect or Mr. Watcharawong was arrested at his apartment in Jantaburi province on June 1, he was then mobilized to Chon Buri and Pattaya to be further questioned by the police.

Mr. Watcharawong did confess and admit that he did use a gun to shoot down the chicken rice shop. He said that he only wanted to teach the shop’s owner not to disobey him ever again. As Mr. Sakpadung Benjakul, the shop’s owner, refused to give him a bigger sized sauce plate. Which made Mr. Watcharawong extremely upset and angry, he then went to get his gun and shoot down the shop. Mr. Watcharawong is now being prosecuted by the police and will be taken into jail.

Thailand.

Almost #1 for road deaths percapita

I agree. Even Russians are warning Thailand about their next boycott if they don't improve safety by all means (+ ... buses crashes/boat injuries/road accidents/outdoor activities/drug/alcool/AIDS/dengue/airplane crashes/ even ...Tsunami .....long list in Thailand !!!!!!!).

So, was he throwing a food tray, or trashing the restaurant one hour before it opened?

This version of the story is slightly different than what was reported on the news. Doesn't really matter. But they did not say he "trashed the restaurant". He threw some food or something. Most people in C.M. who eat there know the owner and his family are a very unfriendly bunch.

It certainly looks like itbiggrin.png this guy isn't taking no shit from nobody.

Some Bangkok people are arrogant, they often pisses me off when they drive and doing shortcuts like going in the left lane (for left turning traffic) and they want to go straight and thus jumping the waiting line of cars.

Well the restaurant owner isn't doing his own business any good for sure and will likely go min 1 year in prison.

Thailand.

Oft repeated on TV but just not tyre. Thailand ranks 100 something on the list according to UNODC.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_gun_vio_hom_fir_hom_rat_per_100_pop-rate-per-100-000-pop.... Thailand 3rd at 33 per 100thou people

here you go with TL at 33 per100thou people that puts it right in at about # 6 with honduras, jamaica, el salvador, swaziland, guatemala, (thailand) then Columbia..

very nice company...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate