What did your friends and family say when you told them you were moving to Thailand?

ivan96822

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They mostly said they wish they were coming as well and what a great time I was bound to have.

Same for me, but that was before it became common knowledge that the place is crawling with beautiful young hookers who will satisfy a man for the price of a pack of cigarettes. I think they became a little suspicious when it came out.

• Like 2

They mostly said they wish they were coming as well and what a great time I was bound to have.

Same for me, but that was before it became common knowledge that the place is crawling with beautiful young hookers who will satisfy a man for the price of a pack of cigarettes. I think they became a little suspicious when it came out.

before it became common knowledge that the place is crawling with beautiful young hookers who will satisfy a man for the price of a pack of cigarettes.

Jeez oh gramps, its 2013 not 1973.

A pack of cigarettes, SMS about 38 baht per pack, Krungthip about 60 baht, LM about 70 baht, Marlboro about 90 baht.

Look forward to hearing of anyplace in Thailand that is crawling with beautiful young hookers willing to satisfy a man for that price.

• Like 1

Friends were envious, foes hoped I'd fall on my face, ex-wife just wanted all the money she could get out of me before I left my homeland.

Having already worked for the Thai Government in my homeland, and visited more times than I could count, I knew it would be fine and so it has been ever since although accompanied by my Thai Wife and our daughter, we did go back to where I had come from to work for a couple of years but are very glad to be living here again.

• Like 2

As a gay man, and not close to my Christian siblings, they didn't say much. I assume they thought I had pedophile leanings. fell in love with a 49 year old guy. I am 54. Thailand is a great place to live and love.

Not my scene at all but good luck for you.

Edited by Bpuumike

Everyone thinks for the women, but I have one and only one.

Simple answer, it never gets cold.

And lots of fresh food at the local markets plus good supermarkets too(Ha ha, mainly for bacon).

Staying on topic, I should add that I lived and worked here for 3 years and did a lot of rotation trips here too.

Thought I knew the country but have learned much more though life much better here than the UK.

Edited by Bpuumike
  • Like 2

44yrs old, all my friends were very envious, and KEEP VISITING - CONSTANTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! &&&&&& several had also moved here from Australia.... For me, the best place to live a relaxed lifestyle,, easy access to the rest of the world! I'm a Jomtien boy 'until stumps'.

I'd distil it as a real mixture of mild envy and genuine admiration - I was 62 yrs old at the time and had met and married the most perfect Isaan lady.

5 yrs on and we're still blissfully happy - much to the astonishment, and maybe relief, of all those we left behind in the UK!

yeah go on <deleted> off...with the biggest green eyes you could imagine.whilst standing next too their size 14 cellulite ridden wife and still 10 years left on the mortgage.they mostly thought nonce.even though i met my wife in london..

• Like 2

I didn't even know where I would end up when I left to wonder but I think most thought I would move back to the states some day...11 years later still here. A few have come to visit and one even stayed for a year but when I went back three years ago to visit for a month nobody even ask me anything about Thailand. They seemed to have no interest, acted like I had never left and were just into what's going on in their own world.

• Like 2

Ditto with Torrens54: "Friends were envious, foes hoped I'd fall on my face, ex-wife just wanted all the money she could get out of me before I left my homeland."

and I'll ditto that too except with the addition of my ex-wife calling me all the perverts under the sun which was ironic as we split because she was having an affair!

• Like 2

before it became common knowledge that the place is crawling with beautiful young hookers who will satisfy a man for the price of a pack of cigarettes.

Jeez oh gramps, its 2013 not 1973.

A pack of cigarettes, SMS about 38 baht per pack, Krungthip about 60 baht, LM about 70 baht, Marlboro about 90 baht.

Look forward to hearing of anyplace in Thailand that is crawling with beautiful young hookers willing to satisfy a man for that price.

Rgs2001uk never stated where he was to buy the packet of cigarettes. Maybe he means the price of a packet of 50 cigarettes in Australia,

Or KIng Power.

I retired at 64 and moved to Chiang Mai. I've been back for three short visits, and each time felt the gulf widen between self and family & friends, Two old sayings are true:

• You can't go home again.
  • Out of sight, out of mind.

This is home now, and anyone back there who cares can come see me here.

• Like 2