Many females want to be fair skin. Why are they so Prejudice? Or are they?

quiuvo

Many commercials advertise the perfect lotion for females to get their skin white. My gf just ordered some pills to be more white. Why are Thai females so adamant about having a fair complexion? I saw some "ladies" on BTS with all the make up needed to make them look silly but white.

Korea offers injections to make people look "white." Michael Jackson, well we know what happened there.

• Like 2

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think it because of?

Care to venture some ideas?

I see you have started 3-4 Threads the last 45 minutes.

wink.png

So? What TF does that have to do with my question ? I will tell you, I have free time. I finished reading a very important book and now can indulge in some of this stuff . Is that ok with you sir ?

• Like 2

You seem to think you know a lot of stuff, so why dont you also come with some ideas and opinions on your threads.

smile.png

Last reply to your ignorance. Reply to my question and stick to my thread. If you don't contribute then don't add garbage.

• Like 2

very simple. because hey have been told from birth that white skin is more beautiful and dark skin is ugly.

Sad. Many dark skin women are beautiful. Oops, oh well, I do say what I believe.

Peer influence....media...look at the billboards too....and of course selling whitening creams....you could ask the same question of tanning salons in Alaska of course.

• Like 2

Because the Thai-Chinese have lighter skin and rule the kingdom.

Yes, they want lighter skin and yes many go all out with pills and creams and an obsession with staying out of the sun. Just look at the hats and arm and face coverings used by women construction and field workers. There are many umbrellas out on sunny days, and not just for the shade.

For those who can afford it, nose jobs are also popular to get more of a straight Chinese look.

Most hi-so people in Thailand are Thai-Chinese.

Are Thai-Chinese females more white then say Swedish females ?

I thought Koreans where the IN thing.

• Like 1

Should the question not be ... why do young Swedish Back Packers bask in the glory of the sun on the Beaches of Thailand chasing that elusive Sun Tan?

Me thinks the OP actually knows the answer to his question, but is providing us good folk with a discussion invectivé.

I, for one, will pass on this subject as I have more interesting things to absorb my Sunday.

A good Sunday morning coffee is a great start ... coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Should the question not be ... why do young Swedish Back Packers bask in the glory of the sun on the Beaches of Thailand chasing that elusive Sun Tan?

Me thinks the OP actually knows the answer to his question, but is providing us good folk with a discussion invectivé.

I, for one, will pass on this subject as I have more interesting things to absorb my Sunday.

No his comment on Koreans was marked. Great pop groups they have too! biggrin.png

Well, well, well. Thank you for your input. Many an opinion has an answer which may have not being solidly formulated and hence in need of Thai visa people. Hope you enjoy your next coffee.

Keep your partner tanned.

Well, well, well. Thank you for your input. Many an opinion has an answer which may have not being solidly formulated and hence in need of Thai visa people. Hope you enjoy your next coffee.

"Well, well, well " ... isn't that 3 holes in the ground?

I thought you wished advice on Skin Colour?

If it's 'Well' advice you require ... there is a great thread (pinned in fact) on Bore Holes in the Farming Forum that might interest you.

Some mightn't find that boring at all ... rolleyes.gif

Thanks for your 'Well' wishes ... coffee is definitely rating highly.

• Like 1

"Well, well, well " ... isn't that 3 holes in the ground?

I thought you wished advice on Skin Colour?

If it's 'Well' advice you require ... there is a great thread (pinned in fact) on Bore Holes in the Farming Forum that might interest you.

Some mightn't find that boring at all ... rolleyes.gif

Thanks for your 'Well' wishes ... coffee is definitely rating highly.

Well, I will continue to use it since I grew up with it and not just yet ready to discard it. FT, I'm not in the mood to follow your link. Summarize it for me if you please.

Sad I can't drink coffee. Intolerant to caffeine ! Almighty.

The women might discard their skin color

Scarcity of anything makes it more desirable. The hair dye companies make a bomb as so many mousy-haired etc.want to stand out.

There are few fair skinned in hot countries, so some would aim for that. As well, there is the class factor - it shows you do not work out in the fields. Like old-time Euro's, their cumberson corsets/heavy long dresses signified they were of the leisure class.

It's up to people themselves, but I find it disturbing that so many would risk their precious health for something so unworthwhile...I don't even bother with sunscreen usually!

When a blonde wife of a wellknown cricketer in NZ raved on about not using chemicals (fly spray/petroleum products like vaseline etc), when trying to sell her costly aromatherapy oils, I told her I'd believe her a whole lot more if she didn't dye her hair! Notice how so many sports blokes, like All Black members, head for dyed blondies...Beyonce is certainly changing colour eh?

Thai's Tan incredibly easy and it lasts a long time. I remember I convinced my Thai girl friend to go swimming with me once at the beach after much resistance. She ended up getting a tan and for almost a year you could still see the lighter skin that was left by her bikini top. She was really annoyed every time she wore a dress or any top that exposed her shoulders because it looked like she had permanent bra straps.

• Like 2

The reasons are:

1. Thai women grew up believing that light skin is more beautiful than dark skin.

2. Thai men prefer light skin women.

3. Thai girls idolize Japanese, Chinese, and Korean girls, they want be like them and look like them.

4. In the past, dark skin represents poor or farmer, not sure it still stands now.

So there you have it--the reason.

Thank you for your input and summarizing all of the above.

The reasons are:

1. Thai women grew up believing that light skin is more beautiful than dark skin.

3. Thai girls idolize Japanese, Chinese, and Korean girls, they want be like them and look like them.

4. In the past, dark skin represents poor or farmer, not sure it still stands now.

its about time thai girls got some self pride and quit risking their health for a false idea of beauty

The same can be said about many women on this planet! And it it not a false idea of beauty, just different from your own perception.

if it damages their health and leads to skin diseases and cancers, its false!

The reasons are:

its about time thai girls got some self pride and quit risking their health for a false idea of beauty

Yeah, I agree. But, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is still matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The reasons are:

Yeah, I agree. But, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is still matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

if it matters more than your health, you dont deserve it