Many females want to be fair skin. Why are they so Prejudice? Or are they?

quiuvo

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100 years and more ago it was the same in Europe, people with a tan worked in the fields. If you where rich you could stay indoors.

Only in the past 50 years we developed a the idea that people with a tan in the winter are rich because they can afford to follow the sun.

For girls I don't look at the color, only at the shape :P

this has confused me too, women that are darker skinned want to be white and women that are fairer skinned want to be tanned, personally I like the skin colour here a lot more than white but try telling that to the thais. At least my wife doesnt want to do the white skin thing, she is very sensiblebiggrin.png

very simple. because hey have been told from birth that white skin is more beautiful and dark skin is ugly.

Aloha

Such a shame, a tanned or brown body is so much healthier and more attractive then a pale white person, look at all the untanned white people, burning themselves trying to be brown...

Advertising only for profit, Toxic Cigarettes Butts (Filters) that make one look so cool, Junk food, great for you, Soda makes one feel better, White is in, brown out...

What ever BS sells, having no concerns for ones health, some of these whiteners are quite bad for ones skin...

Thailand! Before other places changed it, had no Plastic, Toxic filters, Styrofoam, Disposable Diapers or Lighters, Junk food outlets...

Who? Brought all these things over here and no education along with it, only interest, give me da-buck, the hell with your health, we want your coin...

Hey! KOTO could be wrong, right or crazy...Up to you how you want to look at it... attachicon.gif018.JPG

the irony is that people tan because of ignorance like you.....tan or brown skin does not indicate Health. you have been brainwashed to think tan is better because that is what the west drills in people's head. However, tanning seems to be going a little away in the west thanks to healthy concerns and the fact that pale skin is healthier.

My lovely Thai wife, who grew up in Isaan, considers herself "black". It's a running joke between us. I told her from the start of our relationship that I love her lovely coppery color, and it was a revelation to her that "white" Western women go to drastic lengths to try to achieve the approximate color she was born with. She didn't really believe me, until I took her on a short trip to the Pacific Northwest of the USA, and showed her how pasty white the natives are there.I pointed out the high number of Tanning salons, at least one in every strip mall. It made her feel more OK about her own skin tone, but still, when we dress to go out, she puts some sort of makeup on to lighten up her face.

Once when we went to the CM Immigration office to renew my annual visa, the female officer there (Single, with "Lanna" whitish skin) complained to my wife that all the eligible farang men go for the "black" ladies. She thought this was most unfair, and it probably clashed with her own inner beliefs about status and class in Thailand.

very simple. because hey have been told from birth that white skin is more beautiful and dark skin is ugly.

Aloha

Such a shame, a tanned or brown body is so much healthier and more attractive then a pale white person, look at all the untanned white people, burning themselves trying to be brown...

Advertising only for profit, Toxic Cigarettes Butts (Filters) that make one look so cool, Junk food, great for you, Soda makes one feel better, White is in, brown out...

What ever BS sells, having no concerns for ones health, some of these whiteners are quite bad for ones skin...

Thailand! Before other places changed it, had no Plastic, Toxic filters, Styrofoam, Disposable Diapers or Lighters, Junk food outlets...

Who? Brought all these things over here and no education along with it, only interest, give me da-buck, the hell with your health, we want your coin...

Hey! KOTO could be wrong, right or crazy...Up to you how you want to look at it... attachicon.gif018.JPG

the irony is that people tan because of ignorance like you.....tan or brown skin does not indicate Health. you have been brainwashed to think tan is better because that is what the west drills in people's head. However, tanning seems to be going a little away in the west thanks to healthy concerns and the fact that pale skin is healthier.

Read my lips, said looks healthier (Looks healthier) KOTO does not try to tan, just works in the weather rain or shine...

Can you hear me now...:)

Once when we went to the CM Immigration office to renew my annual visa, the female officer there (Single, with "Lanna" whitish skin) complained to my wife that all the eligible farang men go for the "black" ladies. She thought this was most unfair, and it probably clashed with her own inner beliefs about status and class in Thailand.

som nom naa white girl... cheesy.gif

My lovely Thai wife, who grew up in Isaan, considers herself "black". It's a running joke between us. I told her from the start of our relationship that I love her lovely coppery color, and it was a revelation to her that "white" Western women go to drastic lengths to try to achieve the approximate color she was born with. She didn't really believe me, until I took her on a short trip to the Pacific Northwest of the USA, and showed her how pasty white the natives are there.I pointed out the high number of Tanning salons, at least one in every strip mall. It made her feel more OK about her own skin tone, but still, when we dress to go out, she puts some sort of makeup on to lighten up her face.

pasty is an insult word and farang women ate also brainwashed to tan. Their white creamy skin colors are highly wanted in many Asian countries as if they knew that then maybe they also would feel better and not tan....same problem.

pasty is an insult word and farang women ate also brainwashed to tan. Their white creamy skin colors are highly wanted in many Asian countries as if they knew that then maybe they also would feel better and not tan....same problem.

Because the Thai-Chinese have lighter skin and rule the kingdom.

Yes, they want lighter skin and yes many go all out with pills and creams and an obsession with staying out of the sun. Just look at the hats and arm and face coverings used by women construction and field workers. There are many umbrellas out on sunny days, and not just for the shade.

For those who can afford it, nose jobs are also popular to get more of a straight Chinese look.

Most hi-so people in Thailand are Thai-Chinese.

Are Thai-Chinese females more white then say Swedish females ?

I thought Koreans where the IN thing.

Some chinese are fair and some are tanned but by and large i would say east asians are equally as fair as western european although some northern european women like swedish can be super pale. Some of them even have problems keeping their eyes open in bright sunlight cos they just lack pigmentation in their eyes. I remember reading about this before in some nationalist forum where they mentioned the "white" european girl was the one squinting her eyes cos it was too bright for her and that proved her "whiteness"

There however is one glaring difference between caucasian and east asian skin. Even the very fair east asians can tan better than whites and they won't get freckles. In contrast caucasians cannot tan that well get sun burnt more easily and have freckles. I am fair most of the time but when i sun tan i won't get freckles but my tan doesn't stay that long if i stay out of the sun for say 1 or 2 months my skin tone goes back to fair. Also remember one more thing tanning is bad for the skin and gives you skin cancer many old ladies that tan have leathery skin and many aussies have that condition too.

Aloha

Read my lips, said looks healthier (Looks healthier) KOTO does not try to tan, just works in the weather rain or shine...

Can you hear me now...:)

exactly what I was saying actually, brainwashing

When i stayed in the USA i actually saw some caucasian males and females pretty fair almost white. No they didn't look attractive. They were too fair on the extreme scale. Most caucasians aren't that pale. In contrast there are very very dark almost pitch black africans and they don't look good either. It's just too extreme.

Here is an example of an extremely fair white guy sheamus from wwe. He the fairest white wrestler there and see how odd looking his skin tone is when compared to other wrestlers like say triple H

sheamus.jpg

Aloha

Can you hear me now...smile.png

Sorry meant looks so much healthier, cha,cha,cha...:) My first mistake this hour...:)

Aloha

Can you hear me now...smile.png

Sorry meant looks so much healthier, cha,cha,cha...:) My first mistake this hour...:)

no

When i stayed in the USA i actually saw some caucasian males and females pretty fair almost white. No they didn't look attractive. They were too fair on the extreme scale. Most caucasians aren't that pale. In contrast there are very very dark almost pitch black africans and they don't look good either. It's just too extreme.

Here is an example of an extremely fair white guy sheamus from wwe. He the fairest white wrestler there and see how odd looking his skin tone is when compared to other wrestlers like say triple H

sheamus.jpg

it is called different and you are just not that used to it.

The reasons are:

1. Thai women grew up believing that light skin is more beautiful than dark skin.

2. Thai men prefer light skin women.

3. Thai girls idolize Japanese, Chinese, and Korean girls, they want be like them and look like them.

4. In the past, dark skin represents poor or farmer, not sure it still stands now.

So there you have it--the reason.

its about time thai girls got some self pride and quit risking their health for a false idea of beauty

met some dark-skinned thai women, also not bad as well !

sheamus.jpg

it is called different and you are just not that used to it.

Wrong many ppl have commented that shaemus doesn't look that good cos he's too fair.

All females desire to be fairer. Even the white ones yes there are many white females that tan themselves but think about this. They are deathly pale. Some white ppl are just deathly pale so they do tan not that they actually want to be black skinned or really tanned or anything it's just that they are so pale on the extreme scale that even if they did tan they wouldn't be dark skinned like a mexican/thai female. Most females of every race desire to be fairer not darker. African females use bleaching for example. Some white females tan cos most of them are so pale anyhow. The ones like say the spanish ones that aren't that dark don't tan.

In Australia, England America etc, all the fair girls want a tan and to be darker. Here their desire to be fairer, but is much worse. It is almost an obsession.

Apparently if a product does not have "white" on it, it does not sell, and that is not just for toothpaste etc, but EVERY cosmetic!

My wife's cousin died at 22yo from some "get whiter" injections, and yet my wife still buys these BS products to make her whiter.

At best the products simply don't work, at worse, they can kill you. One thing keeping me from having a kid with her, is that she will pass on this "whiter is better" syndrome. Apparently it stems from farmers are dark coz in the sun, and richer (merchants etc) are whiter coz out of the sun. A class/status system I guess. I see girls all rugged up (and must be boiling), just so they don't get sun on them.

In Aus, girls all want to be darker, in Thailand they all want to be whiter, it is very ironic. How about

the concept of "God doesn't make mistakes" and just love how you were made? It is racist and stupid, but doubt it will change anytime soon, all the models and superstars on TV are all very fair and it is simply considered more beautiful here.

IE

The reasons are:

1. Thai women grew up believing that light skin is more beautiful than dark skin.

3. Thai girls idolize Japanese, Chinese, and Korean girls, they want be like them and look like them.

4. In the past, dark skin represents poor or farmer, not sure it still stands now.

its about time thai girls got some self pride and quit risking their health for a false idea of beauty
Boy howdy ya all don't know much about women. Brazil had the largest number of cosmetic surgeries per capita and guess what it was for? Breast reduction. 555

South Korea has the highest ratio of cosmetic surgeons to citizens worldwide.

I am qualified to answer this one because I am a 100% Thai woman born and raised in Thailand. I know exactly why Thai women want to have lighter skin. People from my village always cover themselves up when work in the field. The reason is because they don't want to get dark not because they want to protect themselves from skin cancer or something like that.

I know what I am talking about here so...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The reasons are:

Boy howdy ya all don't know much about women. Brazil had the largest number of cosmetic surgeries per capita and guess what it was for? Breast reduction. 555

I am qualified to answer this one because I am a 100% Thai woman born and raised in Thailand. I know exactly why Thai women want to have lighter skin. People from my village always cover themselves up when work in the field. The reason is because they don't want to get dark not because they want to protect themselves from skin cancer or something like that.

Since you know what you are talking about. Why do they buy cosmetic products like deodorant with whitening cream in them? Why do they buy whitening cream for the face and body (not sunscreen) but whitening creams. Why do all of he models on TV have very white skin and all the maids on TV have dark skin?

Because the Thai-Chinese have lighter skin and rule the kingdom.

Yes, they want lighter skin and yes many go all out with pills and creams and an obsession with staying out of the sun. Just look at the hats and arm and face coverings used by women construction and field workers. There are many umbrellas out on sunny days, and not just for the shade.

For those who can afford it, nose jobs are also popular to get more of a straight Chinese look.

Most hi-so people in Thailand are Thai-Chinese.

I don't think it has anything to do with China. I've lived in Mexico, Kenya, and Egypt, and skin lightening creams are popular there as well. I think it is because people equate dark skin with outdoor (farm) work, and so it's a class thing.

The reasons are:

Since you know what you are talking about. Why do they buy cosmetic products like deodorant with whitening cream in them? Why do they buy whitening cream for the face and body (not sunscreen) but whitening creams. Why do all of he models on TV have very white skin and all the maids on TV have dark skin?

Please go back and read my original post then you'll your answer (:

There is nothing prejudice about preferring lighter skin. It's a simple preference.

I read this kind of erroneous comment often stating that skin-whitening cream is somehow "rascist".

Some people prefer tan skin and put themselves at risk by tanning in the sun, and some prefer to have fairer skin and avoid the sun or apply creams (which don't do anything anyway).

This whole topic is more politically correct rubbish.

• Like 1