Visa agent recommendation - US tourist visa for Thai wife

I am looking for recommendations for and/or warnings against visa agents to assist in acquiring a USA Tourist visa for my Thai wife.

What I am really looking for is someone knowledgeable who can explain the requirements to my wife and coach her through the interview process.

I understand that the paperwork is not that difficult, and that no agent can guarantee a visa.

Feel free to reply to me in private here in thaivisa.

Thanks in advance,

mgj

Edited by theoldgit
Email removed, please answer in the forum or by PM.

An agent can only insure the application is filled out properly. You and your wife will still need to compile any evidence of her ties to Thailand. The application process is relatively simple. No coaching is necessary if you’re honest from start to finish.

A few questions: Where are you? Does your wife own property, car, house? Does she have a job?

Siam Legal, if you want to use an agent.

The folks here at TV can help you with any questions.

Good luck,

Shot

An agent can only insure the application is filled out properly. You and your wife will still need to compile any evidence of her ties to Thailand. The application process is relatively simple. No coaching is necessary if you’re honest from start to finish.

A few questions: Where are you? Does your wife own property, car, house? Does she have a job?

Siam Legal, if you want to use an agent.

The folks here at TV can help you with any questions.

Good luck,

Shot

Edit: ensurebiggrin.png

"Coaching" is probably not the proper term, if "coaching" implies "making up a story".

I am looking for someone who can explain to her what to expect in the way of questions, etc and what is important to know. My wife had a poor experience several years ago at the US Embassy. Start with an interviewer who spoke poor Thai (we spotted this same person on a YouTube video yesterday provided by US Embassy BKK, BTW), and add in my (now) wife's poor knowledge of US geography etc and it did not turn out well...my wife ended up getting upset and calling the interviewer "stupid".

As far as proving ties to Thailand, from what I have read that seems to be somewhat hit-or-miss, but here are some particulars.

We are in Chok Chai, Korat

We have been together for 9 years, married for 6 years

I work for a company in USA, with most of my time spent working in various countries, mainly in the Middle East.

When I am not working on site or at the company office in USA I am in Thailand.

I have been on a Non-O visa with extensions based on marriage since 2008.

My wife has not had salary income since 2004.

She owns a house and farmland here in Amphur Chok Chai. Also, she has farmland in Nong Hin, Loei, as well as a rental property there on which construction is nearing completion now.

She has a daughter who lives with us, 12 years of age.

Our intent is to reside in Thailand; when I get tired of the travel I will either retire or semi-retire and seek some employment here.

I know this has been a semi-frequent topic here, and I have read through several of the threads.

Your ties to here are as much or more important than your wife's. The fact that you are on extensions of stay is a plus. You to need to be sure copies of your extensions are included with her application. And if you are here having your passport with her would not hurt.