Scotland to become independent in March 2016 if referendum passes

News_Editor

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not interested in reading any of the bile, but would just like to say that as part of the UK England should also have a vote, then you lot would definitely be out on your ear!

Let's all rule our own roost, just don't blame us (as you do) when it inevitably goes tits up.

• Like 2

Not interested in reading any of the bile, but would just like to say that as part of the UK England should also have a vote, then you lot would definitely be out on your ear!

Let's all rule our own roost, just don't blame us (as you do) when it inevitably goes tits up.

Agreed that we should all rule our own roost....WHO am i blaming? Who is this US you speak of? in the bile you will find aspects of truth as one always does if people dig deep enough,,that is what the independence movement is doing now,,

Dont you think there is not a movement in England now that is for detachment from Westminister..

We know it is hard for unionists to grasp,,you have been fed the lie all your life that the Uk is a power house,

,that the Scots are a bunch of insignificant whisky drinking rabble rousers and that the UK subsidizes them and has done from the beginning of the Union

and the union wAS created to help the poverty ridden Scots

..We know English media.English history Scottish media tell us this in the past and even today as we speak.

.We know this is also taught to the Scottish population,,so its hard to see the forest from the trees,

,people just go about their every day business,

,so yes we understand that people cannot separate fact from fiction,,,,

Now the mainstream media is also exposing that myth that Scotland is subsidized by england

Enough of the Scottish subsidy myth  https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newstatesman.com%2Fblogs%2Fthe-staggers%2F2011%2F11%2Fscotland-12288-union-public&ei=D5ZcU5zGJMbPrQe93IC4Ag&usg=AFQjCNH_SjiaVTTFy9P2mg0Gvd93gozjFA&sig2=_4v5dxfG9AxYtKSuqpBa6gScotland overpays for UK debthttps://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CE4QFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scotsman.com%2Fnews%2Fscotland-overpays-for-uk-debt-1-3185848&ei=fJZcU8D_JoGMrgfV74DgBg&usg=AFQjCNEeVdqmwq9EbJ2h-kS1kM7yuVplIg&sig2=2lUNYfKNBjp8ZEGZUALaTQ&bvm=bv.65397613,d.bmk

,,be informed was and is a mantra that is getting loosely passed around here

,,i would suggest that people did set aside their prejudices and narrow thought patterns ,,no matter how intelligent you think you are,,,and at least look into these posts ,,you might surprise your self what you find

Because at the end of the day it is not about you only something that the me me me mentality person cannot grasp,,it is about future generations as well.

something has to give and will give that is the natural circle...

Again no answer why The Uk government is so desperate to retain the poor insignificant Scots who together make a strong Uk but independent will go tits up in your eyes,,doon the lavvie pan in others,, and even get invaded by spacemen and impact on the poorest members of society worldwidehttps://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDwQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scotsman.com%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2Ftop-stories%2Fscottish-independence-would-harm-world-s-poorest-1-3375293&ei=NZhcU9rrEcSD8gXauoHoBQ&usg=AFQjCNHr08HmG12MvKA-G-7dGIWea5bQIg&sig2=FkQnhI6RbFA17oPAzRsPpQ&bvm=bv.65397613,d.dGc

• Like 1

Who is the US you talk about?I wold like you to clarify that

Agreed that we should all rule our own roost....WHO am i blaming? Who is this US you speak of? in the bile you will find aspects of truth as one always does if people dig deep enough,,that is what the independence movement is doing now,,

Dont you think there is not a movement in England now that is for detachment from Westminister..

We know it is hard for unionists to grasp,,you have been fed the lie all your life that the Uk is a power house,

,that the Scots are a bunch of insignificant whisky drinking rabble rousers and that the UK subsidizes them and has done from the beginning of the Union

and the union wAS created to help the poverty ridden Scots

..We know English media.English history Scottish media tell us this in the past and even today as we speak.

.We know this is also taught to the Scottish population,,so its hard to see the forest from the trees,

,people just go about their every day business,

,so yes we understand that people cannot separate fact from fiction,,,,

Now the mainstream media is also exposing that myth that Scotland is subsidized by england Enough of the Scottish subsidy myth  https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.newstatesman.com%2Fblogs%2Fthe-staggers%2F2011%2F11%2Fscotland-12288-union-public&ei=D5ZcU5zGJMbPrQe93IC4Ag&usg=AFQjCNH_SjiaVTTFy9P2mg0Gvd93gozjFA&sig2=_4v5dxfG9AxYtKSuqpBa6gScotland overpays for UK debthttps://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CE4QFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scotsman.com%2Fnews%2Fscotland-overpays-for-uk-debt-1-3185848&ei=fJZcU8D_JoGMrgfV74DgBg&usg=AFQjCNEeVdqmwq9EbJ2h-kS1kM7yuVplIg&sig2=2lUNYfKNBjp8ZEGZUALaTQ&bvm=bv.65397613,d.bmk

Scotland pays its way in the Union - it's time the London commentariat acknowledged that.https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CE4QFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scotsman.com%2Fnews%2Fscotland-overpays-for-uk-debt-1-3185848&ei=fJZcU8D_JoGMrgfV74DgBg&usg=AFQjCNEeVdqmwq9EbJ2h-kS1kM7yuVplIg&sig2=2lUNYfKNBjp8ZEGZUALaTQ&bvm=bv.65397613,d.bmk

,,be informed was and is a mantra that is getting loosely passed around here

,,i would suggest that people did set aside their prejudices and narrow thought patterns ,,no matter how intelligent you think you are,,,and at least look into these posts ,,you might surprise your self what you find

Because at the end of the day it is not about you only something that the me me me mentality person cannot grasp,,it is about future generations as well.

something has to give and will give that is the natural circle...

Again no answer why The Uk government is so desperate to retain the poor insignificant Scots who together make a strong Uk but independent will go tits up in your eyes,,doon the lavvie pan in others,, and even get invaded by spacemen and impact on the poorest members of society worldwidehttps://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDwQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scotsman.com%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2Ftop-stories%2Fscottish-independence-would-harm-world-s-poorest-1-3375293&ei=NZhcU9rrEcSD8gXauoHoBQ&usg=AFQjCNHr08HmG12MvKA-G-7dGIWea5bQIg&sig2=FkQnhI6RbFA17oPAzRsPpQ&bvm=bv.65397613,d.dGc

Today's sermon from the Laddie from Lancashire.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Today's sermon from the Laddie from Lancashire......aye and i worry for your state of mind if you believe that.......plenty clues in my sermons where i come from.

name the pub toilet in trainspotting ?

too out the box for you bawheid

.Still waiting of your evidencethat i an anti English

i ,ll just remind you of one of the many No myths that you aggressively endorse

Anti-English: Scottish nationalism is motivated by hatred of the English.

The granddaddy of Unionist myths. It's rather like claiming that the anti-racism movement is motived solely by hatred of white people, women only want equality because they hate men, or gay people only want to get married because they hate Catholics.

This debate is about government and whether Scotland's interests are served by a parliamentary union which denies Scotland basic democratic control of many aspects of the administration of our country. It's not about England and the English at all.

There are legitimate, and serious, questions of democratic representation in Scotland under the Union. Although this concept may be difficult for Daily Telegraph readers to grasp, the desire for Scottish self-determination is not about England and the English. Shocking but true. England is not the centre of the Scottish universe, that would be Scotland. Perhaps that's what they're really objecting to.

• Like 1

Wigantojapan, your continual attempts to adopt a faux Scottish accent in your posts (as opposed to your actual Lancashire one?) are amusing.

As are your increasingly desperate attempts at stirring up anti English racism.

But not as amusing as

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01mtpwx

Still; keep it up. One day you may even make it to a show at the end of Wigan Pier.

of course the BBC is politically impartial..we all know that

thttp://www.newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-news/9096-under-pressure-bbc-to-suspend-cbi-membership-but-not-until-may-30th

• Like 1

There are so many; such as the many posts where you blame the ills of the world on corrupt English politicians; the ones where you call Unionists racists and white supremacists! by 7 by 7

Well well well when i say unionists i mean unionists be it Eglish.Irish.Welsh or Scots,,and your interpretation of me saying Unionists reveals all actually that you do yourself see the union as predominately English,,says it all,,thank you for verifying..

UKip who your fellow unionists supporter bury who said himself that he would support a UKIp vote are widely know as being racist and being white supremist

I have quite clearly said that UKip dont have a vote in Scotland and hopefully they neveI

suspect that the closest you have ever come to Scotland is the Google searches you have been doing to find the numerous links and copy and paste jobs you have filled this topic with.

I Have quite plainly said on numerous occasions that i FOR ONE CAN VOTE ON THE ISSUE OF

SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE...if you dont know what the requirements id for people who can vote i suggest you look it up...so again you are wrong on thAT POINT AS YOU HAVE BEEN ON THE 2 ABOVE POINTS

Ian Hislop's father is Scottish; which is almost certainly more than can be said of any member of your family.

Didnt know that,,see you can learn anything at anytime if you are open enough,thank you for sharing that information,,good mag private eye

Well Both my parents are Scottish as are my brothers and sisters as well as myself so obviously that is more than the one family member you mentioned so sorry to inform you again old chap but you are wrong on that point again...

..Again i directed yourself to the posting that had Alister Darling in it,,in that posting you had a very big clue where i was born and the influences of a young Mr Darling

And don't call me 'young man' or 'laddie' or similar you patronising fool.

Us Scots use the term laddie as a term of endearment so i use it in these terms,,,,you yourself not being Scottish possibly dont understand that,,but you do understand how to be patronizing and have mentioned it a few times in your assessment of the Voters nor being able to have the ability to make an informed decision,

Remember you are never to old to learn,,i have left you and others lots of links so you can learn,,things that have been hidden ,distorted and just plain lies...enjoy the education

BYE BYE laddie remember we are all still brothers and sisters

• Like 2

Amusing as your end of the pier show has been

forgot to add that i never have been to wigan pier but i have been to wigan many times as have lots of fellow scots and we mixed and still do mix quite happily with our English brothers and sisters......if were no awa to dance awa if were no awa to see ye bye bye baby there is another clue of my birthright

I've just been reading a bit of John Buchan, which reminded of what a stupid act of self-indulgent pique it would be to abandon our country to the English.

SC

seems to be a common thread that the union apart from Scotland is England,,,,,,,at least 4 posters on here in the past week have said that,,,,,a minor point possibly but again a point that is ingrained in people identity.. and an important one.

What book .or article are you talking about John Buchan as i would like to see it myself,,, like i keep harping on always good to have an open mind on everything...

this is a new age and new time of rediscovery thank god and thank god for the people and the technology that is allowing the less restrained forms of openess and communication to actually do that.

As we speak the BBC is not being impartial to the debate,,,It is plain to see what party politics is and are being played out

Couple of quotes from Tony Benn which seem apt for the "Indy cause" particularly given "Bitter together`s" recent propaganda techniques!!

“I think there are two ways in which people are controlled. First of all frighten people and secondly, demoralise them.”

Another quote from Tony Benn’s interview with Michael Moore, in which he highlighted poverty and healthcare inequality as a democratic issue.

“The people in debt become hopeless, and the hopeless people don’t vote... an educated, healthy and confident nation is harder to govern,

I've just been reading a bit of John Buchan, which reminded of what a stupid act of self-indulgent pique it would be to abandon our country to the English.

SC

seems to be a common thread that the union apart from Scotland is England,,,,,,,at least 4 posters on here in the past week have said that,,,,,a minor point possibly but again a point that is ingrained in people identity.. and an important one.

What book .or article are you talking about John Buchan as i would like to see it myself,,, like i keep harping on always good to have an open mind on everything...

this is a new age and new time of rediscovery thank god and thank god for the people and the technology that is allowing the less restrained forms of openess and communication to actually do that.

As we speak the BBC is not being impartial to the debate,,,It is plain to see what party politics is and are being played out

I bought a compendium of three Richard Hannay stories - 39 Steps, Greenmantle and Mr Standfast, which I have to look forward to on the aeroplane home. I worry that without the Scots in the Union, there will be no-one to look after the nation.

SC

SC

I bought a compendium of three Richard Hannay stories - 39 Steps, Greenmantle and Mr Standfast, which I have to look forward to on the aeroplane home. I worry that without the Scots in the Union, there will be no-one to look after the nation.

SC

There is no one looking after Scotland now and hasn't been for many years...

..If the political parties had done the job they were elected for and looked after all the people rather than ignoring the majority of them there would have been no need to be having this discussion in many ways...

.forget 39 steps the hardest of any change is the first step and hopefully the people who vote in the referendum me included are brave enough to take that first step

• Like 1

SC

SC

There is no one looking after Scotland now and hasn't been for many years...

..If the political parties had done the job they were elected for and looked after all the people rather than ignoring the majority of them there would have been no need to be having this discussion in many ways...

.forget 39 steps the hardest of any change is the first step and hopefully the people who vote in the referendum me included are brave enough to take that first step

So what were Scots PM's Blair and Brown doing all those years to screw their own people ?

So what were Scots PM's Blair and Brown doing all those years to screw their own people ?

Same as cameron and his cronies are doing but not only screwing English people but mostly everybody

Don't think that is an answer, is it...........coffee1.gif

Show me any post where I have said that the Scottish people do not have the ability to make an informed decision. When you have failed to find one; withdraw the remark.

What I have said is that the Scottish people should look at both sides of the argument, question those campaigning for both options carefully and then make an informed decision. by 7

We are Scots we have all been living in a land which is still today the union.

.We are well aware of what the union is

.We are well aware of what the unionists are saying in the better together camp,

We are also well aware that they have not said anything,,i repeat anything that they have never said before and have not given one answer to satisfy why it would be better.

sorry if you think it is juvenile ,,but i really do have to spell it out to you in that way,,if not it is patronizing inits extreme to think that the Scots have not taken on both sides of the argument very very carefully

Do you understand that now,

You seem to prefer they be kept in the dark about what independence really means and be fed a diet of Mel Gibson type, historically inaccurate, Hollywood style tosh to show how dastardly the English are

there you go again being patronizing you just cannot help your self. you are a very opinionated person and that is fine you can be who you want to be,,but i am sorry you just sound paranoid and sad actually even bitter ,,that i will not agree with your narrow train of thought.

the so many ill informed posts that i have posted are from various professionals,academics and others in society., who may i be bold enough to say don't need to stay in Thailand to have a quality lifestyle, and have more than likely, made a better go of their life than your self,so please give some respect when respect is due.....

your obsession with trying to belittle me and your paranoia of where i come from ,,just sums up your state of mind.

you know why you came on here,,,,and it is little or nothing about being even minded and informed about both sides

,,but it is a hell of a lot about your opinion only know matter how flawed it is...

,,so please do take a holiday for the sake of your health because i for one am not going to be bullied by you and i am not going away.

I am also not going to allow you to post your view of the narrow minded Unionists and the Flawed history that you do post.

...you sound more and more desperate every day that no one or few people are taking you serious and that is hurting you

so do yourself a favor and post on other posts..

.All you give to this post is your narrow minded idea of the Union and that is from an English unionists view point..

.I have lived and continue to live in among English Welsh ,Scottish Irish unionists so i am very well aware of their opinion

and i am also very aware of the vast range of opinions in the yes camp.

no doubt your huge ego will want to respond to this because you have to be right always,,i possibly will just go back to posting ,

i know your feelings towards me .you have called me a racist a white supremist a bigot,stupid,,a fool etc etc...that's fine,,that does not effect me..but its shows to me and others who and what you really are.

Try to learn at least one higher quality and practice it in the land of the Buddha

Enjoy Thailand

• Like 1

Seem to have touched a nerve!

You love to dish it out; can't take it yourself.

i know your feelings towards me .you have called me a racist a white supremist a bigot,stupid,,a fool etc etc

I have never called you a 'racist white supremist (sic)' nor a bigot; indeed it is you who has used those terms towards others.

Neither have I called you stupid.

Have called you a patronising fool, though.

Oh, and the fact that you cannot come up with a single argument to counter those put forward by Better Together and instead continue to resort to juvenile insults (bitter together; how sad) says far more than I ever could about you.

There is a case for independence and a (in my opinion, better) case for the Union. Shame you seem incapable of coherently putting the former and arguing against the latter.

Like Achilles, I shall again retire to my tent until a worthy opponent comes along; let's be honest; Hector you aint.

Edited by 7by7

Seem to have touched a nerve!

You love to dish it out; can't take it yourself.

wigantojapan, on 28 Apr 2014 - 12:43, said:snapback.png

i know your feelings towards me .you have called me a racist a white supremist a bigot,stupid,,a fool etc etc

I have never called you a 'racist white supremist (sic)' nor a bigot; indeed it is you who has used those terms towards others.

Neither have I called you stupid.

I was merely pointing out the fact on what you have posted....Touch a nerve implies that it had some negative effect on me which it didnt in the slightest....You REALY do think you are that important AMAZING THAILAND.

Like i said before go and rest for hte benefit of your health.....I gave you good advise to where you could go to other websites to increase your knowledge to the level that you yourself are satisfied...I presume i could be wrong that you have not taken that advise.

you, as stated before will find professionals, from many subjects given their in depth opinion.....If you like to continue your juvenile confrontations to mask your inability to state a case then fine i am happy to accommodate you ,,for my own and some others amusement,,

Still after all of course i feel sorry for you as it is all you have been taught,,It is obvious by your statements that you have never went to investigate the big wide world on any level apart from the one that is presented to you ....oh well.....think i will post something now....My ego is stronger than your ego,,bt i think i will put it to bed for a while thank you

"This week I will be challenging some of the myths of independence – people need to know the facts," he will say on Wednesday, according to extracts of his speech, released in advance by the British Treasury.

"The problems of declining oil revenues and an ageing population cannot simply be wished away," he will add.

A Treasury statement said its officials had spent months analysing the likely impact of Scottish independence and would publish the results in the coming weeks.

It added: "The analysis will set out in more detail than ever before the impact of having to absorb the higher spending and lower tax caused by declining oil revenues, an ageing population, the Scottish government’s uncosted policy pledges, and the set-up costs of independence in a much smaller budget."

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/uk-treasury-says-time-start-busting-myths-scottish-062900845.html#W7sFr1Q

A study by PWC and InterTradeIreland, based on interviews with businesses, business organisations and regulatory bodies, found that companies who buy and sell goods across the border between Ireland and Northern Ireland may experience difficulties due to differences in regulation.

The main issues identified include:
• Access to information and signposting – keeping up-to-date with changing and new legislation was reported as a challenge for businesses, SMEs in particular.
• Differences in VAT rates and VAT regulations across the border.
• Other tax and insurance related issues such as insuring commercial vehicles in two jurisdictions or dealing with two tax authorities when employing people on both sides of the border.
• Additional costs related to currency fluctuations.
• Pricing issues covering a range of different issues such as variations in energy prices, payment practices, debt collection.
• Repetition and duplication of data requirements.
• Recognition of accreditations and qualifications, for example,in the construction industry.(From page 12 of this document from Better Together)

the fact is Northern Ireland is part of the UK, albeit a province - so all of the above conditions exist between any EU country inter trading, France/Germany, Holland/Belguim, etc, etc, etc.

All the above can lead to increased costs? yes - and also massive savings. People in ROI used to drive hundreds of miles across the border to make savings on big ticket items when it suited, during their crash. That's stopped now, Same would apply if the savings were on offer the other way round!
On currency, businesses can make massive extra profits depending on fluctuations, and will put prices up if it goes the other way. My company uses that to it's advantage when it can, and absorbs or increases prices when it can't.
On VAT? A complete non-argument - Goods sold from ROI to UK and vice versa are EXPORT sales and therefore NON-VAT.
Pricing issues? What? You mean we don't have debt collection, payment practice or credit control already in Scotland? Aye, right.......
Building Regs? ROI regs are virtually the same as UK. They cross over massively. For example, Disabled regs for what'd called Doc M are identical. manufacturing companies such as Kingspan, Masonite make their products in Ireland. (As do the makers of Viagra....!!)

Interestingly - who are the Republic of Ireland's largest trading partner?