Scotland to become independent in March 2016 if referendum passes

News_Editor

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://en.ria.ru/world/20140422/189312524/Scottish-Ministers-Will-Seek-Return-Of-Disputed-Waters-Following.html

They really ought to see how many gun boats Scotland has when the Royal Navy is Split up. cheesy.gif

Roughly 10% I should imagine, although I don't see that as relevant, unless you are suggesting that might is right?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There are currently 3.5 million children living in poverty in the UK. That’s almost a third of all children. 1.6 million of these children live in severe poverty . In the UK 63% of children living in poverty are in a family where someone works .https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.barnardos.org.uk%2Fwhat_we_do%2Four_projects%2Fchild_poverty%2Fchild_poverty_what_is_poverty%2Fchild_poverty_statistics_facts.htm&ei=ZaJXU7W-Atjs8AXT_IHACg&usg=AFQjCNEHzskRm-j9jkVS9xBafGXPyYQAcQ&sig2=w7y5EfUCAHhYJcg7mrJIKQ

Poverty In Your Area

The figures reveal the wide disparity in poverty rates across the UK and within regions. For example, in London, the constituency of Poplar and Limehouse has a child poverty rate of 41 per cent compared to just 7 per cent in Richmond. In the North West, whereas 38 per cent of children in Manchester are poor, in Ribble Valley the figure is just 7 per cent.

The top 20 parliamentary constituencies for child poverty in the UK are:

1. Manchester Central (47% of children in poverty)
2. Belfast West (43%)
3. Glasgow North East (43%)

"The child poverty map reveals the depth and breadth of child poverty across the country showing the gross levels of inequality that children face in every region. Far too many children whose parents are struggling to making a living are having to go hungry and miss out on the essentials of a decent childhood that all young people should be entitled to.

Raise a glass to that basil eh another reason to vote no

So far your entire argument seems to consist of how nasty the Tories are and how an independent Scotland would never have to be governed by them again.

You have posted a multitude of irrelevant links and copy and paste jobs to 'prove' this.

A lot like Salmond; who wants to debate with Cameron in the hope he can turn it into an anti Tory hate fest; but wont debate with Darling as he knows he'd lose.

BTW, the 'secret papers', in your earlier link are papers about discussions; discussions which, like many things discussed in cabinet whether Labour or Tory, never actually led to anything. papers which were not deliberately withheld from the public, but, like all cabinet papers, were kept confidential until released under the 30 year rule. No sinister plot here.

(I now sit back and await yet more false accusations from you about my politics and beliefs.)

Edited by 7by7

So far your entire argument seems to consist of how nasty the Tories are and how an independent Scotland would never have to be governed by them again.

You have posted a multitude of irrelevant links and copy and paste jobs to 'prove' this.

A lot like Salmond; who wants to debate with Cameron in the hope he can turn it into an anti Tory hate fest; but wont debate with Darling as he knows he'd lose.

BTW, the 'secret papers', in your earlier link are papers about discussions; discussions which, like many things discussed in cabinet whether Labour or Tory, never actually led to anything. papers which were not deliberately withheld from the public, but, like all cabinet papers, were kept confidential until released under the 30 year rule. No sinister plot here.

(I now sit back and await yet more false accusations from you about my politics and beliefs.)

Why do you have a fixation on what politicians say or do ?

You have posted a multitude of irrelevant links Poverty and the Privatization of the NHS and its effects on patients and staff 2 of my past 3 links are in your words irrelevant ,

Now less thAN 20 MINS AGO YOU POSTED THIS SO I ASSUME IT IS ONE OF YOUR BELIEFS...

..mANY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BORDER WOULD WITHOUT DOUBT SAY THESE 2 ISSUES ARE VERY RELEVANT.

VOTE NO FOR MORE POVERTY AND VOTE NO FOR MORE PRIVITISATION OF THE NHS.SOMETHING FOR OUR CHILDREN TO LOOK FORWARD TO.

You have posted a multitude of irrelevant links Poverty and the Privatization of the NHS and its effects on patients and staff 2 of my past 3 links are in your words irrelevant ,

Now less thAN 20 MINS AGO YOU POSTED THIS SO I ASSUME IT IS ONE OF YOUR BELIEFS...

..mANY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BORDER WOULD WITHOUT DOUBT SAY THESE 2 ISSUES ARE VERY RELEVANT.

VOTE NO FOR MORE POVERTY AND VOTE NO FOR MORE PRIVITISATION OF THE NHS.SOMETHING FOR OUR CHILDREN TO LOOK FORWARD TO.

If memory serves, the links I have posted are to sites confirming, or at least supporting, the statements I have made about why I believe both the UK as a whole and Scotland in particular will be better if Scotland remains part of the Union. If you can find one that is irrelevant to that issue, do so.

Issues of poverty etc. are very relevant to many people in all parts of the UK; but not relevant to the debate on Scottish independence.

Unless you can tell us how those issues will be addressed by the government of an independent Scotland; which you have so far failed to do.

Instead of your usual sloganizing and copy and pasting, how about providing some answers. How will an independent Scotland tackle these issues; issues faced by the whole of the UK?

Do that and your rants would become relevant; but until and unless you do so, they are simply irrelevant rants.

Edited by 7by7

Because this is, or is supposed to be, a political debate!

It's not a political debate, It's a debate about Scottish Independence. Politicians come and go and are irrelevant to the debate

I Like Thai, if you think politics and politicians are irrelevant to the debate, then you are very much mistaken.

The Union was formed due to politics, whether it continues or breaks up it will be due to politics.

Just ask wigontojapan; whose posts are nothing except political rhetoric!

Edited by 7by7

If memory serves, the links I have posted are to sites confirming, or at least supporting, the statements I have made about why I believe both the UK as a whole and Scotland in particular will be better if Scotland remains part of the Union. If you can find one that is irrelevant to that issue, do so.

t to the debate on Issues of poverty etc. are very relevant to many people in all parts of the UK; but not relevant to Scottish independence.

Unless you can tell us how those issues will be addressed by the government of an independent Scotland; which you have so far failed to do.

Instead of your usual sloganizing and copy and pasting, how about providing some answers. How will an independent Scotland tackle these issues; issues faced by the whole of the UK?

Do that and your rants would become relevant; but until and unless you do so, they are simply irrelevant

t to the debate on Issues of poverty etc. are very relevant to many people in all parts of the UK; but but not relevant to Scottish independence.

Are we talking about people here or statistics?

The no side has very different ideas how to tackle the issues in comparison( in the debate about Scottish independence)to the yes vote but still you insist that it is not relevant.

Well if you believe that in my own personal posting pasted or otherwise along side the pasted posting that i have failed to provide answers ,well that is your believe ,,nothing else to add..apart from maybe you should read them again,even to enforce and entrench your opinion of what i and other say against your own believes and opinions.

What is relevant in the grand scheme of things is i can vote and influence the decision one way or the other and i know the world and vision i would want my grandchildren and fellow human being to live in and it is not one that is in the least attractive by what the no side has on the table....What is on the no table is why many thousands of people leave the UK ,,the ones who are able to of course ...In the mean time i will continue to post in any way i feel fit ,,you are of course free to ignore them or to vent your feelings....Scotland is a nation,is that hard to understand the same as England is a nation.........it really is that simple...Culturally we can celebrate the similarities and ideas of an island identity,,politically we are oceans apart ...enjoy the rest of ST Dode day

• Like 1

It's not a political debate, It's a debate about Scottish Independence. Politicians come and go and are irrelevant to the debate

I Like Thai, if you think politics and politicians are irrelevant to the debate, then you are very much mistaken.

The Union was formed due to politics, whether it continues or breaks up it will be due to politics.

Wrong again 7 The independence or non independence of Scotland depends entirely and only

on the people of Scotland not on any politician whatsoever, the way it should and will be.

Unfortunately politicians will be involved after independence but will I feel have a much better

sense of self determination than the westminister government has given to Scotland in the last

several hundred years

BTW 7 I see the YES polls are strengthening. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Questions dodged rather than answered.

Not surprised.

7by7s battle cry, " Why don't you answer my questions "

Just because you don't like the answers 7 you cannot continually complain your questions are not

being answered.

WHY DON'T YOU ACCEPT THE ANSWERS?????

• Like 1

Wrong again 7 The independence or non independence of Scotland depends entirely and only

on the people of Scotland not on any politician whatsoever, the way it should and will be.

Unfortunately politicians will be involved after independence but will I feel have a much better

sense of self determination than the westminister government has given to Scotland in the last

several hundred years

BTW 7 I see the YES polls are strengthening. thumbsup.gif

Unfortunately over the last 300 yrs, a larger % of the Prime Ministers of the Union have come from Scotland then from elsewhere in the UK, including those last two Scotsmen, Tony WMD Blair and Gordon Bigot Brown. I reckon that on a yes vote ( I pray for that ) the Scots will soon appoint a similar person to be their PM. Then you'll be able to hear English laughter all the way to John o Groats.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

We all know you are a closet Scotsman..seeing that you have such a distaste of TB and GB and endorse the yes policies of no WMD and no bigots,,why dont you come to Scotland after a yes vote and join your fellow 460000 English men who live in Scotland......

No weapons of mass destruction...Lots of anglo saxon blood,,free health for your high blood pressure with being in among the Scots,,,,,That DNA of your bury boy is going to catch up with you

Apparently it's the going to London that corrupts them. Look at James VI. By keeping our politicians in the cloistered confines of Holyrood, they shall remain pure and loyal, and definitely won't be swayed into influencing planning decisions in favour of overseas big business at the expense of environmental concerns.

SC

• Like 1

Apparently it's the going to London that corrupts them. Look at James VI. By keeping our politicians in the cloistered confines of Holyrood, they shall remain pure and loyal, and definitely won't be swayed into influencing planning decisions in favour of overseas big business at the expense of environmental concerns.

SC

got to keep the good image o the queens game o golf up to our nay bores across the pond aye the trump card is still to be played and im no talking about mr ford the legendary centre forward who shares the first name o the man with the hat,,,nae where near easter road or dick gaughan but unionists all the same

700 mothers to recreate Jarrow march in protest at NHS 'privatisation

'http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/the-northerner/2014/apr/23/999-call--recreate-jarrow-march-to-protest-at-nhs-privatisation

good to see our English neighbours protesting,,,,of course Scotland does not have to protest on nhs privitisation now or after a yes vote,,,,,of course if you are 1% of the super rich or have lofted ambitions to adhere to that rich lifestyle you might find this irrelevant..

..health care or profit of contracts honored what do you want,,,,,,indifference

SC

got to keep the good image o the queens game o golf up to our nay bores across the pond aye the trump card is still to be played and im no talking about mr ford the legendary centre forward who shares the first name o the man with the hat,,,nae where near easter road or dick gaughan but unionists all the same

At first I thought you meant Squinty Ford(cannae throw for toffee), but although he plays in the middle of the front row you'd normally call him a hooker rather than a centre forward

Could Scotland go back to the groat?

George Osborne as firmly said that a vote to leave the UK is a vote to leave the UK pound, ruling out a currency and monetary union

If Scotland votes to become an independent country in seven months, the SNP had said that it prefers to keep the pound and have a monetary union with the rest of the UK.

That option’s now off the table. So where does that leave the SNP, and what would happen if Scotland does go independent?

http://ampp3d.mirror.co.uk/2014/02/13/could-scotland-go-back-to-the-groat/

People of Scotland – vote yes, and set us English free

Instead of condemning us to perpetual Tory rule, independence may reinvigorate Labour and bring us the devolution we cravehttp://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/23/scotland-vote-yes-set-english-free-independence-devolution

While agreeing with the headline, I would take anything that Billie Braggs say with a pinch of salt.

George Osborne as firmly said that a vote to leave the UK is a vote to leave the UK pound, ruling out a currency and monetary union

If Scotland votes to become an independent country in seven months, the SNP had said that it prefers to keep the pound and have a monetary union with the rest of the UK.

That option’s now off the table. So where does that leave the SNP, and what would happen if Scotland does go independent?

"Ah" but all those SNP sheep take it as gospel truth when they are told they will have the pound, can you imagine going to buy a second hand car, and the car salesman tells you "if you buy this car we will give you free petrol for five years" and this leads you to make the purchase on the word of that salesperson without any guarantee what's so ever. This is exactly what the sheep are doing.

"Ah" but all those SNP sheep take it as gospel truth when they are told they will have the pound, can you imagine going to buy a second hand car, and the car salesman tells you "if you buy this car we will give you free petrol for five years" and this leads you to make the purchase on the word of that salesperson without any guarantee what's so ever. This is exactly what the sheep are doing.

one must not look for the speck of sawdust in another person's eye and ignore the plank in one's own eye.