Turkeys in Thailand

willyumiii

In today's Yahoo news there is an interesting article about wild turkeys in America. Apparently after being nearly wiped out at the turn of the century, they can now be found in 49 of the States, sometimes in large numbers. That's interesting as surely some parts of the U.S. must be like Thailand climate wise, so would indicate that to raise the birds here shouldn't be too difficult.

http://news.yahoo.com/wild-turkeys-back-century-severe-decline-145034133.html

In today's Yahoo news there is an interesting article about wild turkeys in America. Apparently after being nearly wiped out at the turn of the century, they can now be found in 49 of the States, sometimes in large numbers. That's interesting as surely some parts of the U.S. must be like Thailand climate wise, so would indicate that to raise the birds here shouldn't be too difficult.

In Kap Choeng/Surin in there are at least 30 turkeys that I see within 3 km. BTW these are birds..whistling.gif

I thought about this years ago but my wife told me Thais think of turkeys as pets so won't eat them. I guess if you find a falang market for your product, no problem but don't think there's a Thai market for them. And before someone mentions about the dog eating up north......I know

I like turkey ham...may be a business here with that....

By the way...HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY FRIENDS!.........Click on the link and dance!!!

images.businessweek.com/ss/05/11/egreetings/image/01.swf

Edited by umbanda

About seven years ago, the last time I was in Canada for any length of time the wife and I would see wild turkeys on our walks. Up to that time I had never seen them before.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you are a foreigner you are forbidden from from farming and turkeys are farming!

Huh?? On your own property, not for sale - Guess I broke the law with my Guinea Hens.whistling.gif had to have their vocal chords cut because they screeched early in the AM. Good Tropical Bird, lots of white meat, but are Mean SOB's - they will fly at you if they get angree, and like to sleep in trees.thumbsup.gif

There are so many different climates, elevations, humid and dry air areas, latitude locations etc. in the US that someone, somewhere, can grow anything.

I have wild turkeys around my home every day and people raise turkeys here if they want to. Right out my back window last year, but I saw a large flock of wild turkeys there this morning. (Sorry I keep posting cell phone pics.)

DSC00060a-3.jpg

Edited by NeverSure