Problems with Hull Consulate....?

Am due to travel in less than 2 weeks and applied for a Single Entry Tourist Visa over 2 weeks ago and it was signed for couple weeks ago today.

Am getting concerned as the cheque has not even been cashed. Emails go unanswered and phone just gives messages of "busy"

Am over 400 miles from the Consulate. I dont even know if I drive there it will be open ??

Is anyone else in the same boat ?? This is getting obviously serious now. If the cheque was cashed wouldn't be concerned so much, but not even that ??

Any suggestions....??

Hull often delays issuing tourist visas until shortly before your planned departure date. They do this so you can get the most out of the visas validity since it starts on the date of issue.

Just keep trying to contact them is all I can suggest

• Like 2

Hull often delays issuing tourist visas until shortly before your planned departure date. They do this so you can get the most out of the visas validity since it starts on the date of issue.

Yes I had read the same elsewhere but there's clearly no reason for that for a Single entry Visa, where the departure date was indicated on downloaded form as being less than 1 month from application.

Not cashing the cheque tells me something is wrong ??

Edited by Cirencester
  • Like 1

Slightly off-topic, I know, but is it likewise the case with a single-entry non-imm O visa that the 90 days are calculated from the date the visa is issued rather than when it is "used" (i.e. you enter Thailand)?

To the OP: if your username is some indication of your geographical location in the UK, I wonder whether you might in future be better off applying for a tourist visa from the Birmingham or Cardiff consulates - which are both considerably nearer to where you live than Hull!

• Like 1

All visas are valid for entry into Thailand from the date of issue.

The permission to stay you receive upon entry is valid from the date of arrival until the date shown on the arrival stamp in your passport.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I waited for 2 weeks before ringing them to check progress. This was about a week before I travel - tomorrow.

I saw on line that the money had gone from my account.

It took a while, but I got through on the phone, the lady checked my application and said yes it would be done that day.

It arrived ok the next day.

She said they are busy and doing them with the main eye on your day of departure.

But I would think it is always worth a call to check.

All visas are valid for entry into Thailand from the date of issue.

The permission to stay you receive upon entry is valid from the date of arrival until the date shown on the arrival stamp in your passport.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So were I, for argument's sake, to enter Thailand on 1/1/2014 under a single-entry non-imm O visa issued on 1/12/2013, would my passport be stamped until 28/2/2014 (1/12/2013 + 90 days) or 31/3/2014 (1/1/2014 + 90 days)?

All visas now have to be given the ok by the Thai embassy in London, which adds to the delay in processing. My suggestion would be to email the Honorary Consul in Hull. He has been responsive and helpful with regard to a visa issue I have had recently. His email address is:

***EDIT: email removed per forum rues as this can lead to spamming of the email address***

Edited by Mario2008

It's sort of high season so they could be busy.

But don't worry, if it comes to the worst case, get a 30 day visa on arrival in Thailand and then get it extended, or do a border run to Laos for a tourist visa.

A trip to Vientiane will let you see somewhere different too.

Edited by Bpuumike

All visas now have to be given the ok by the Thai embassy in London, which adds to the delay in processing. My suggestion would be to email the Honorary Consul in Hull. He has been responsive and helpful with regard to a visa issue I have had recently. His email address is:

***EDIT: email removed per forum rues as this can lead to spamming of the email address***

Are u sure about that Sir,as I believed that only o visas were sent to London for Approval.One can always browse the hull consulate website,and varify that you are incorrect.

Edited by Bernard Flint

WOW, that's news if true. Where did you get the info?

They always used to be issued on the spot in Hull.

Living here I don't need that any more but might help others.

Only multiple entry non immigrant visa applications need approval from embassy.

All others are still approved at Hull.

Message is on home page of website. http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/?gclid=CLKF9NHWgbsCFc0l4godYGYA6w

But don't worry, if it comes to the worst case, get a 30 day visa on arrival in Thailand and then get it extended, or do a border run to Laos for a tourist visa.

How can he do that ? he would have sent his passport to Hull for the Visa. if he receives nothing can OP travel without a passport ? just asking...

OK years ago, but have had Thai Visa s from both Cardiff and Birmingham. driving there myself from Gloucestershire. received in less then an hour.

How can he do that ? he would have sent his passport to Hull for the Visa. if he receives nothing can OP travel without a passport ? just asking...

OK years ago, but have had Thai Visa s from both Cardiff and Birmingham. driving there myself from Gloucestershire. received in less then an hour.

Actually, If it was me in the same situation as the OP where they are not replying or answering the phone I would file a Police report, that should get their attention.

totster :)

Hello for what it's worth I've just recently applied to Hull for a single Entry visa tourist came back in less than a week from application the cheque is made payable to tbe consulate and fir £10,00

Surcharge total

£35,00

I can only assume your application has been misplaced

Telephone calls are not answered often

Try leaving answer fone message

It worked for me

Chock dee krub

Edited by Louisblackbird

Hello for what it's worth I've just recently applied to Hull for a single Entry visa tourist came back in less than a week from application the cheque is made payable to tbe consulate and fir £10,00

Surcharge total

£35,00

I can only assume your application has been misplaced

Telephone calls are not answered often

Try leaving answer fone message

It worked for me

Chock dee krub

I removed your previous incomplete post with quote.

How close was your application to your departure date.

I always thought they don't accept cheques and will only accept a Post Office "Postal-order". it was like that last time i did mine there and their office is out in the middle of nowhere.

It could be they sent your docs back to you by post unprocessed!

I would be interested to see the outcome of this, perhaps Thai Visa can follow up for you? as this sort of thing is their core business, isn't it?

I always use Cardiff, which if your name suggests, you are from Cirencester then it's not far to go in person, call first for an appointment.

totster smile.png

I guess he cant do that because Hull has his Passport ... "duur" w00t.gif

Any way he should not bother coming as the reds are at it again... I am thinking there are better places in the world now, even Cambodia or Vietnam.

Edited by newermonkey

The Consulate at Hull sorts the visa's by departure priority, therefore you will receive your passport/ visa within a week of the travel date you told them on your application. You can get through by telephone, but obviously you have to keep trying. The staff are extremely helpful and will assist you in any way they can. All cheques should be made out to A.P. Taylor.

I know this because I had the same worry last year of not receiving my visa, but I had sent it 4 weeks early. When I applied this year I had an old application which I sent in debit card payment details, and the kind lady rang me and asked if I could send a cheque for payment. I too had 2 weeks for the application to be processed, I quickly sent in the cheque by 1st class post and received my visa/passport last Tuesday all done in about 5 days.

I fly today yippeee!!!!!!!!!!

HI,

I'm in same boat as op,

Sent on the 12th November and travel on the 11th December

I phoned yesterday just to check and got through and the lady told me they were still doing November ones (i presume deperture date) and would start December on monday and I would have it by end of next week,

Even with that I'm still a little nervous as staying in the hills of Scotland post aint as quick as other places.

If I haven't goit anything by Thursday next week i'll phone again and just get them to send my passport back and do a visa run.

Thanks.

Keep trying to call. It is easy to get into a panic when nothing seems to be happening and people won't talk to you (for whatever reason). I'm sure everything will be ok. By the way. You say "Am over 400 miles from the Consulate". I am curious to know why you decided to apply to the Thai consulate in Hull. There are others that must be nearer to you. Glasgow, Cardiff, Birmingham, London...smile.png

Not if the OP one doesnt have his passport back and secondly if he/she is requesting a tourist Visa its because his/her stay is likely to be more than 30 days.....??

You then come up against the problem of possible offloading at Airport of departure for not having an onward ticket of Travel within 30 days ??