US urges calm amid Thailand protests

webfact

This from a country where the national sport is invading other countries and toppling legitimate governments to be replaced by American puppet governments. Methinks America should keep it's big mouth shut

Only a Pom could give us such advice. NZ is still sorting out the mess you clowns instilled 200 years ago

NZ is still sorting out the mess you clowns instilled 200 years ago

200 years and you still haven't sorted it out? facepalm.gif smile.png

If you like we'll come back and get it sorted in no time.....

• Like 2

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This from a country where the national sport is invading other countries and toppling legitimate governments to be replaced by American puppet governments. Methinks America should keep it's big mouth shut

Truly rich, coming from a Brit. Not because of past history alone, but, because you stand with us when we do invade! Thanks for the moral support, by the way.

shame you don't styand with us when we have a conflict, I mean a real conflict that is our business, like Falklands for example

Yes, an absolute crying shame that America stands up for nothing. Just ask the poor folks in the Philippines what we stand for. Or, for that matter, check out which nation in the whole of this world give the most aid to impoverish countries in need. Granted, our fed government is out of control but, you said "America" should shut it big mouth. I am an America and I take offence to your comment. I believe a suspension is in order!

• Like 2

USA is a convenient scapegoat for all of the world's ills...until you need us to bail your sorry asses out

Sent from my Xoom using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Alwyn: bow down to your leaders' offspring, the Rothschilds.

Here is the family who rules over the UK..especially since they bombed Israel into existence.

I think you're envious how the USA saved you more times than vice versa.

Where do you learn your history? Back of a packet of twinkies?

Bank of England is independent government owned institution and dates back to before your nation even existed. Britain took the middle east from the Ottoman Empire which was responsible for the wholesale slaughter and destruction of most of north Africa's and the Middle Easts culture - before them it was the Mahdi (Britain sided with the Ottomans to try and stop the Mahdi in the second great Muslim Crusade - Khartoum? Gordon? anything clanging here?). Britain handed back most of the middle east to the nations that exist there now after WW 1. Some land was held back. After WW 2 that land was given in part to form Israel. The forgotten nation was of course the Palestinians, who were never ceded land due to a mistake in history to do with the 12 clans of the dessert (which was actually 13!). There was no need to bomb the land back into Israel as it had not been in the hands of the original people for 3500 years.

If he was envious (and that's a strange word to use when talking about war - wonder if you know what the word means?) - he would have mentioned it somewhere along the line - indeed, he has only mentioned that they interfere too much. It is a schoolboy argument tactic to say , "You're just jealous" when some takes the piss out of your pink leg warmers!

Did you forget they kill terrorist in other countries and they may declare you a terrorist?

I myself always say America is the Best and the Fairest Nation

God Save America

Some posters do not seem to want to heed a public warning and have had their posting rights suspended.

I am trying to be lenient in this thread, but some posters continue to cross the line. This thread has veered way off topic, as they sometimes do, but more of the personal attacks or derogatory name-calling of any nation will result in not only additional suspensions but a closing of the thread.

Once again, please keep it civil, at least.

However America saved England's Bacon twice have you forgot

We were holding our own by the time the Americans joined in 1917. The Americans coming in fresh off the subs bench was the clincher.

We were in trouble in 1941 and then the Japanese got us out of jail. wink.png

Edited by bigbamboo

Yes, an absolute crying shame that America stands up for nothing. Just ask the poor folks in the Philippines what we stand for. Or, for that matter, check out which nation in the whole of this world give the most aid to impoverish countries in need. Granted, our fed government is out of control but, you said "America" should shut it big mouth. I am an America and I take offence to your comment. I believe a suspension is in order!

What, Norway you mean? It's only fair to consider GDP and population after all http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6vydZpzxYgU/RgJ6vFTt8BI/AAAAAAAAABw/XbHy_npf8c4/s1600/net%2Bof%2Bgnp%2Bper%2Bcapita.JPG

It is undeniable that the US has a proven recent history of covert and overt intervention in terms of undermining governments worldwide, as highlighted by numerous recent leaks. It's a little dramatic to suggest someone be suspended for pointing this out, even if it's something you are offended by, or not proud of. Freedom of speech, and all that.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

correct, 100% correct BUT america is so full of itself (hubris) it believes its own lies and illusions. even die-hard US leftwingers I personally know think USA is the best country in the world. americans do it better, bigger and if they (in fact) don't they will TALK/SHOUT about it the loudest and HIGH-FIVE about it, and HUG about it, and ... oh well, useless.

What, Norway you mean? It's only fair to consider GDP and population after all http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6vydZpzxYgU/RgJ6vFTt8BI/AAAAAAAAABw/XbHy_npf8c4/s1600/net%2Bof%2Bgnp%2Bper%2Bcapita.JPG

It is undeniable that the US has a proven recent history of covert and overt intervention in terms of undermining governments worldwide, as highlighted by numerous recent leaks. It's a little dramatic to suggest someone be suspended for pointing this out, even if it's something you are offended by, or not proud of. Freedom of speech, and all that.

The odd thing is, does anyone think that the so called thai "culture" we see isn't largely a construct put together in conjunction with the CIA in order to solidify Thailand against communism?

Alwyn is either a juvenile who knows no history, or just frustrated that he himself is not American. Please do tell us what perfect country you are from?

Google and watch Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States.

There is difference between accident and pure criminal/evil self serving mentality.

Please watch and see who's juvenile and don't know history!

"Long time friends" indeed but Thailand is of such minor significance to any western country, economically or strategically. Travel warnings and the welfare of tourists/expats is about as far as it goes. I can't imagine the current issues in Thailand are high on Washington's priorities

I don't agree. I am beginning to think that Thailand and her ports as beginning top be thoufght of as a gateway between China and North America.

USA is a convenient scapegoat for all of the world's ills...until you need us to bail your sorry asses out

take a look, untold history of the united states by oliver stone.

You have to be kidding me right? Someone with a flag of the less than Great Britain, lecturing another country on invasion? Jesus, how much blood historically is on your hands? Great Britain should be renamed the great enslaver due to its colonial past. When you think of all the dead and drug addicted (yes, England was no only a slaver dealer but a drug dealer as well) left behind thanks to the English thirst for world domination, it is almost unbelievable. Oh, and the last three times the US has invaded other countries it was with the support of the UK military establishment. The US in this case is just urging a friend and ally (Thailand) to remain calm. That is what friends do during times of crisis.

The difference is we have learnt from the past....

As an American I ask other countries posters one question???

Don't you realize that the USA is made up of people from ALL over the world.

So just say it...YOU HATE HUMANS....NOT AMERICANS.

I too am an American, who's ancestors came from Spain, Mexico and Italy. Most likely other people don't care about our cultural makeup, nor I theirs. I prefer to remain on the sidelines and let others reveal their bigotry and hate.

BTW. CAPS, to my understanding, denote yelling. The haters out there have both blinders and ear plugs on, so it's a wasted effort IMO.

• Like 1

As an American I ask other countries posters one question???

Don't you realize that the USA is made up of people from ALL over the world.

So just say it...YOU HATE HUMANS....NOT AMERICANS.

The world according to Garp,

As a North American too, perhaps a Gringo can't notice the equality in trading insults all day,

or it's ok for an American to criticize other countries since the USA is as multi-cultural as red, white and blue,

and since President Lincoln teamed up with Martin Luther King to abolish hatred because of race, color or creed before they were both shot, it must be the rest of the world who hates human beings equally.

take a look, untold history of the united states by oliver stone.

I read history from various sources, both American and otherwise. The common denominator is that fhey were all composed by humans and subject to interpretation when written. Consequently, there is a good probability that they contain many inaccuracies and biases. Only the die-hard dogmatist or the unimaginative reader will believe what they read word for word.

"The closed mind begs for key of enlightenment".

Alwyn is either a juvenile who knows no history, or just frustrated that he himself is not American. Please do tell us what perfect country you are from?

In my most unbiased opinion...

Rule number 1. History is always defined by anyone's particular bias.

Rule number 2. History is always defined by anyone's particular bias.

Rule number 3. History is always defined by anyone's particular bias.

Rule number 4. History is always defined by anyone's particular bias.

Rule number 5. History is always defined by anyone's particular bias.

You missed the most important line out........"History is written by the victorious"

• Like 1

Alwyn

You are one person to truly needs to read more history! I have a degree in history and I can assure you that you would be speaking Japanese or German if not for the USA! I believe when you speak of our country and our soldiers who gave up their lives to help democracy I really feel you should show more respect! In World War II we alone lost 200,000 brave soldiers. While London was digging tunnels with Churchhill and his cigars trying to go deeper underground I believe it was the USA who came to the aid of the UK during that time.

I respect UK and will always continue to respect the soldiers who died for their country as well as for mine! I just don't understand why when the country is mentioned everyone seems to pull out their daggers and go after it. Where is the intelligence or the compassion to be friends and allies during times of crisis? I believe the USA is trying to reach out to Thailand because, let's face it; they do need help. In case you're not aware we also have many government agencies in this country working to bring peace and to prosecute the guilty. I have myself seen soldiers walking through the mall extremely polite and honorable wearing the USA flag.

Ph.D

Pulled your ships out of Syria now I guess you want to pool the ships on this conversation.

• Like 1

Maybe a bit jealous too, since most what he uses... including the OS on the computer he is writing on... was invented by my countrymen. I've seen his type before.

Ever heard of Babbage and Lady Lovelace? What about Johnny von Neuman or Tim Berners-Lee? We've also seen your type before. Check out the word bumptious.

The US still imports talent by the thousands. Werner vonBraun, a war criminal was one - to America's shame. Europeans are drawn by the research and experimental facilities although the living conditions are obviously a factor.

Perhaps Herr Von Braun should have been redirected to the Sovei Union along with all the other German scientists after the war. In addition, the Marshall Plan form the rebuilding of a descimated Europe was equally ill planned and shame laden.

The US has warehouses full of shame, but it seems there is always a lack of space in the other countries storage facilities.

Just 2- Bahts worth from a displaced Yank

In my most unbiased opinion...

Rule number 1. History is always defined by anyone's particular bias.

Rule number 2. History is always defined by anyone's particular bias.

Rule number 3. History is always defined by anyone's particular bias.

Rule number 4. History is always defined by anyone's particular bias.

Rule number 5. History is always defined by anyone's particular bias.

You missed the most important line out........"History is written by the victorious"

And often times, the epitaph of millions is written as well.