Ruud Van-nistelrooy Goes Home.

Sky Sports news has just reported that Manchester United striker Ruud Van-Nistelrooy has driven away from Old Trafford, saying only that he was going home.

The club have not yet issued a statement and, are staying tight lipped.

More news when I get it but, young Guiseppe Rossi will be in the starting line-up. Taking Ruud's place.

Looks like the Van man is on his way.

redrus

Sky Sports news has just reported that Manchester United striker Ruud Van-Nistelrooy has driven away from Old Trafford, saying only that he was going home.

The club have not yet issued a statement and, are staying tight lipped.

More news when I get it but, young Guiseppe Rossi will be in the starting line-up. Taking Ruud's place.

Looks like the Van man is on his way.

redrus

Just passing Watford Gap now :o

diddums :o

I assume this is a reaction to warming the bench?

id happily take 40k a week to be a sub!!

From Sky Sports.

Ruud van Nistelrooy has driven away from Manchester United's final game of the season against Charlton Athletic.

The Dutchman was suspected to be playing his last game at Old Trafford as things have not seemed right with United's top scorer since he was left out of the starting line-up for the Carling Cup final.

Louis Saha has often been preferred to the prolific striker and his body language has hinted that a summer move is on the cards.

United have confirmed the 29-year-old left the ground ahead of the clash with Charlton, with Giuseppe Rossi earning his first start in The Premiership alongside Louis Saha.

There was also a surprise place for Paul Scholes on the bench, alongside Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Sir Alex Ferguson was critical of van Nistelrooy after his penalty miss in the draw with Middlesbrough left United needing to win on Sunday to guarantee second place.

It has not been confirmed whether the former PSV Eindhoven star was left on the bench for the season finale, hence his disappearance.

"We can confirm Ruud van Nistelrooy has gone home," said a United statement.

"The club will be making no further comment as we are concentrating on today's game."

Van Nistelrooy completed the 90 minutes against Middlesbrough but, perhaps tellingly, moved towards the bench when Rossi was stripped and ready to come on, expecting to be withdrawn, only for Saha to be replaced instead.

redrus

Well this is one hel_l of an update.....!

Setanta Sports:

European Soccer Correspondent Graeme Hunter explained the incident that caused Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson to drop his star striker.

"In January, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Cristiano Ronaldo, who literally cannot stand the sight of each other, traded punches in training, and van Nistelrooy left Ronaldo with a broken face.

"On Sunday, van Nistelrooy was not named in the Manchester United team, and as we all now know, he walks out.

"The roots are from a serious bust-up on the training pitch the day before, over a perennial row between the two. Ronaldo held onto the ball too long in training, and van Nistelrooy asked again: "Why do you keep onto the ball, why don't you pass to me? I am in position, I am the striker. Get the ball to me."

Hunter went on: "Ronaldo gives van Nistelrooy some lip, it ends up in a fight, and van Nistelrooy as he always does, needles into Ronaldo, and says "Yeah, yeah, go running to your Dad."

"He means Carlos Quieroz, Ferguson's assistant. Ronaldo's own father had died during the season, and finally, in the face of this abuse, Ronaldo burst into tears on the pitch and shouts "I don't have a Dad, he's dead.

"It is not necessarily the end for van Nistelrooy, because he is the goalscorer, and Ferguson still wants four strikers at the club.

"What Sir Alex may not know is that Cristiano Ronaldo is dead set on leaving Manchester United this summer, if Madrid will buy him. He personally has had enough of Manchester United, and English football. So, it may be that we are left with Ronaldo saying that he wants to go, and that van Nistelrooy and Ferguson may make their peace."

redrus

• 2 weeks later...

Source; redissue

Ruud says he's baffled, loves United and wants to stay.

"I know a lot of people in Manchester don't understand it, well it is the same for me.

"I love Manchester United. That is why I don't really understand it.

"What has happened has happened. I have a World Cup in front of me, so I need to try and forget about it and move on.

"But one thing I want to make clear is that I went (from the hotel) because I had to go, not because I went myself."

More:

"I have been in touch with a few team-mates.

"That was nice and gave me a good feeling."

More still:[u/]

"I have two years left on my contract and if things stay the way they are at the moment I will still be at the club next season.

"But I am not naive and the fact I wasn't involved in the last Premiership game or Roy Keane's testimonial was not a good sign, but nothing is going to happen until after the World Cup."

Even more still:

"Of course it is easy to concentrate on my football.

"We have the World Cup coming up.

"I don't feel there is more pressure on me because I know Marco van Basten has confidence in me, as do the other coaches, my team-mates and the supporters, which is all I need.

"I actually feel quite good. I have come into a team that is very motivated to do well. I am part of that and I feel happy with it.

"In that sense, I can forget what happened and try to move on, which is what I am doing."

The Times:

Inter Milan are keen to strike a deal before the finals start on June 9, rather than risk getting dragged into a bidding war, but unless an acceptable offer is forthcoming, United are likely to reject the Italian club’s advances.

redrus

The News of the World claims that AC Milan will sign Ruud van Nistelrooy this summer after Andriy Shevchenko announced that he will be leaving this summer.

Milan have made it clear they want Van Nistelrooy (above) to spearhead their attack next season.

A Milan source said: "Van Nistelrooy is the man we want. He is one of the few players in the world who could replace Sheva."

The Blues announced on Friday he would be leaving Milan for Stamford Bridge after refusing a new deal with the Serie A side.

Van Nistelrooy looks certain to leave Old Trafford in a cut-price £8.4million move after a bitter bust-up with boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Torygraph says that Shevchenko will sign for Chelsea for around £30 million.

redrus

I LOVE YOU RUUD

Friday 2nd June 2006

No matter what people say.

Cristiano Ronaldo has tried to dismiss stories that it was a series of fall outs betweeen him and Ruud van Nistelrooy that led to him being dropped towards the end of the season.

"Nothing much happened. Quarrels happen in all teams.

"It's normal to have small disagreements. That's what happened, something perfectly normal. People are turning it into a storm in a teacup. What happened wasn't anything special, and he's actually someone I get on particularly well with."

He also had a dig at the tabloid press by saying:

"What you have to do is ignore it and carry on with your life and your work. And that's exactly what I do."

The MEN reports:

In a revealing interview, the young Portuguese striker says he wants Wayne Rooney's position in the United team, will one day be the world's best footballer, and has lost two bets with Sir Alex Ferguson over his goalscoring.

redrus

For now Ruud cares not about Fergie and his grudges.

Van Nistelrooy:

"I am not thinking about what happened in Manchester. All my concentration is on what I can do with Holland.

"For us, the challenge is to emulate the two generations before us that were really successful. Cruyff and his team led the way in the 70s. Then Van Basten, Rijkaard, Koeman and Gullit were as fantastic in the late 80s and early 90s. Now it is our chance.

"I feel fit and in good form and part of a team that is growing. It may not be very experienced but with every practice session we have been getting better.

"Both Van Persie and Robben are excellent players. The idea is to get them on the ball as often as possible. Then they can use their skill to create opportunities.

"I hope that Robben will be at his best as he can really bring something special to the team. His speed is just electric." (about as electric as his dives..............)

redrus

The Mail:

Bayern Munich are ready to test reports of a peace deal between Sir Alex Ferguson and Ruud van Nistelrooy by making a bid for the prolific Manchester United striker.

Van Nistelrooy's Old Trafford career appeared to be over following the end-of-season bust-up with Ferguson prior to the final Premiership game of the season against Charlton.

The Dutch forward was ordered out of the team hotel and was then told he was not welcome in the home camp for Roy Keane's testimonial 48 hours later.

AC Milan and Tottenham are among the clubs who have already been linked with Van Nistelrooy, 30 next month, with United privately claiming they would want to recoup at least £15million of the £18.5million they paid PSV Eindhoven for his services five years ago.

redrus

Talking here after his goal in Stuttgart:

"I have two years left on my contract.

"If the situation changes I will find out about it, otherwise I will be going back to Manchester.

"The season didn't end very well for me and I was happy to make a step towards the World Cup with this team. I prepared myself properly and I felt good, and I think my performance against the Ivory Coast showed that. The support we had was amazing, the stadium was completely orange, and the goal meant an awful lot to me. It was a big game, and my first World Cup goal, the biggest of my career. As a child, you dream about these things.

"We are very pleased. From the group we were in, we couldn't think we were going to get through to the last 16 in two games. That is a great achievement.

"We saw Argentina [beat Serbia] in the dressing room and we were very impressed.

"It does mean the Argentina game is less important now than if there had been everything to play for, but it is important to see where we are as a team. It is a big test for us."

redrus