Are there any visa ATMs that don't charge UK cards 150 baht?

scubascuba3

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about opening a thai baht bank account, get an atm card and withdraw money this way? in general costs about 15 baht per withdrawal(or something like that)

or if that is not possible/feasible, make it count = withdraw 1x20 instead of 4x5

cheers

I use AEON to withdraw cash and it always intrigued me the rumours about the rates so one fine day I withdrew 5,000 Baht from two machines:

Statement from my UK Bank, second transaction is from AEON:

atm-ratchada-5000-baht.jpg

Edited by John_Betong

I use AEON to withdraw cash and it always intrigued me the rumours about the rates so one fine day I withdrew 5,000 Baht from two machines:

Looks like aeon still charge, but slightly less and their Xrate is slightly better ;)

What banks ATM was the first one ?

Aeon, as many others have said. They aren't super common but the best place to look is big shopping centers like Central or the Mall. Sometimes there will be one in Big C, etc. also.

I found a Aeon in Big C in Pattaya after a long walk... "Out of service"

Oh well I'll try another day

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

The statement was from my UK Firstdirect Bank account. It is this bank that charge the "CHARGE CASH MACHINE FEE" which is a minimum of something or a percentage of the withdrawal amount.

The first was Bangkok Bank and the other is Aeon.

So I saved over three pounds by using Aeon.

This bl@@dy Tapatalk has a mind of its own :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Get a metro bank account with a debit card ,then use it in an aeon machine ,no charges whatsoever and a good rate ,if you are in Pattaya there are two machinrs in tesco n pattaya and one in big c central ,there is also a machine in s Pattaya outside home pro.

Get a metro bank account with a debit card ,then use it in an aeon machine ,no charges whatsoever and a good rate ,if you are in Pattaya there are two machinrs in tesco n pattaya and one in big c central ,there is also a machine in s Pattaya outside home pro.

I understand Metro Bank is only in London so if you don't live there it isn't really a goer. I checked before I left

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

But the first charge was £3.21 more for your 5000 baht so it appears that Aeon aren't charging for something.

AEON bank do not charge for foreign cards withdraws from its ATM machines....branchs are located on big malls, Central Plaza, Big C....

Why post that when someone's already proven that they do charge?

Citibank doesn't charge a fee.

There is one at Asok and Sukhumvit.

Where in Sukhumvit?

At the Asoke intersection - can't miss it

Posted Image

After seeing your post, I went to my past statements to check since I use mostly AEON for withdrawals. I looked back over the past two years and did not find a single withdrawal charge listed for AEON withdrawals but did find them for non-AEON withdrawals. Since I use Schwab's ATM card and they reimburse any ATM charges at the end of the month, I compared what I was reimbursed with any charges that appeared and the reimbursement amount equaled the non-AEON fees. Are you sure the fees listed are not what you bank charges for the withdrawal instead of a fee that AEON charges?

David

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The best thing to do is :
rather than taking your money from ATM, go inside the bank and ask for withdrawal some cash.

They cannot refuse and its totally free of charge...........

I have pay the 150 baths for months until one day the ATM was not working, so go inside the bank and take out 10 000 baths, without a fee.

Lets try it.

• Like 2

The way that any charges on a (non Thai) card is zero is purely down to the overseas partnership arrangements between each bank has with any other overseas banks - within this partnership both banks agree not to charge each others customers when in the others country and using their ATM's - You need to ring Santander and ask if Santander have any overseas banking partners in Thailand. Hence one persons experience with a particular card will not mean that you will get the same experience of free transaction (unless they have a Santander card)

I went through this process with my own bank and found that the call centre staff did not have the information - I had to request for them to create an internal enquiry within overseas division and got the above answer.

Edited by spambot

The best thing to do is :

rather than taking your money from ATM, go inside the bank and ask for withdrawal some cash.

They cannot refuse and its totally free of charge...........

I have pay the 150 baths for months until one day the ATM was not working, so go inside the bank and take out 10 000 baths, without a fee.

Lets try it.

Good Info!

• Like 1