90 Day report

mikekim1219

You can have 'Assist Thai Visa' do it for you. All you have to do is bring the passport to them and leave. Costs about 1,500 baht for all the reporting for a full year. They will either call you or e-mail you a week or so before it needs to be done, you bring the passport to their office on Chiangmai Land Rd and drop it off. They'll call you in a day or two to come pick it up. Couldn't get much easier than that.

Apparently there is a 'new regulation' that now requires certain visa holders to also show copy of rental agreement or residence paper. This is something that only affects certain visas, such as the one my wife has. The Assist Thai Visa people are coming to my house to pick it up because they didn't tell me to bring it when they called for the passport and I didn't want to make an extra trip to their office. They are very accommodating folks!

There are many threads about this now. FYI I was there today for my 90-day report. When I arrived at about 13:30 there were even 2 parking spots in the parking lot. That was the first surprise. The second surprise was that from the time I walked in to the time I got back in the car was a total of 5 minutes.

FYI you and your wife can report by post. I did that for a couple of years until it was discontinued. I read that it is available again. I won't be going again, only reporting by post. I only went today because I mixed up the dates and was full 7 days into the grace period.

beatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifcoffee1.gif

I disagree with you. Nice to have a new thread where we can share current information for the new people. I my self gave up on the other threads as they turned into crusades and passed on no information.

In my three years here my 90 day reporting has gone from 2hours and 15 minutes to generally 5 minutes to 25 minutes. The two hour one was because I listened to a lot of people who didn't know what they were talking about and got there at 7:00 in the morning.smile.png

Go at 3.30 pm. In and out in 5 minutes.

+1

+ 2 .....................biggrin.png could it be any easier ? Having to drop your passport off at Assist Thai Visa and then have to go go back again seems to be one trip too many and having your passport out of your possession is not exactly clever ,but each to his own.

• Like 1

+1

+ 2 .....................biggrin.png could it be any easier ? Having to drop your passport off at Assist Thai Visa and then have to go go back again seems to be one trip too many and having your passport out of your possession is not exactly clever ,but each to his own.

I too, got in and out in 5 minutes (and there was parking!) but I still don't understand why most people don't use the post method? I think it has been available again for around a month or so now. It is sooo easy. I'm glad that service is back.

In my three years here my 90 day reporting has gone from 2hours and 15 minutes to generally 5 minutes to 25 minutes. The two hour one was because I listened to a lot of people who didn't know what they were talking about and got there at 7:00 in the morning.smile.png

it used to be under 5 minutes, always, before you lot showed up. tongue.pngcoffee1.gif

• Like 1

beatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifcoffee1.gif

I disagree with you. Nice to have a new thread where we can share current information for the new people. I my self gave up on the other threads as they turned into crusades and passed on no information.

What is new?

I did the same at 10 AM. Very unusual and especially for the end of November. The last two times I have been to immigration, very few people compared to last year. I wonder why?

You haven't heard?! You weren't asked to join?! There's a farang march on Immigration Hq in Bangkok to protest the outrageous 5 to 15-minute waits to do reports at the Chiang Mai office. They are led by a funny-looking guy in tights wearing a peaked cap playing flute!

You can catch up, however. I understand the march is pausing at Hang Dong this evening for a few cool ones and to get some new magic markers to make signs.

It is not that hard.

Get form from Chiang Mai Immigration web site and complete it. Make sure you check requirements to make sure nothing changed.

Show up at Immigration at about 7 am and get in the first queue outside

Have copies of face page and all Thai visa pages of her passport

You will get to the front desk and they will give you another queue number for 90 report. They begin processing at about 8:30 am

If you ar there early you should be out within an hour of getting into 90 day queue.

It is not that hard.

Get form from Chiang Mai Immigration web site and complete it. Make sure you check requirements to make sure nothing changed.

You will get to the front desk and they will give you another queue number for 90 report. They begin processing at about 8:30 am

If you ar there early you should be out within an hour of getting into 90 day queue.

Another waco who goes to do a 90 day report 1&half hours before they open and when he could any other time of the day and be in and out in at the most 1 hour

It is not that hard.

Another waco who goes to do a 90 day report 1&half hours before they open and when he could any other time of the day and be in and out in at the most 1 hour

Leave them to it!

Went to Immigration on Thursday, one of several tasks planned that day to include visiting LMG to change address on new health insurance policy before being reissued on NewYear's Day, renewing yearly m/c registration, signing up at Nakornping Hospital for Farang Medical Coverage, and a haircut.

I was chancing my luck to show up at immigration at 13:00 but arrived earlier at 12:40, as LMG was no where depicted on Google maps. Mind you I did not scan overly closely the side of the super-over-under pass at Mahidol-Lamphun because of traffic safety issues.

Lady Captain eating lunch at the counter, immediately invited me to present my application - stamped and gone in 5 minutes - a first for me - will no longer have to be smuggled in under fast Dolly's wing. Several wais to the good Captain.

Renewal of m/c registration was almost as swift - 20 minutes - to include inspection and later the queue. Arrived at NKP Hospital at 13:35 to be totally registered including x-ray by 14:40 - by a truly pleasant, efficient, and happy staff. A really positive experience.

LMG will have to await another day once I reconfirm its exact position. Hair cut went like a breeze too.

Picking up some rice and tuna for the dogs at the new Tesco, rounded off the day.

Chiangmai Immigration - a whole new wholesome game....

Chiangmai itself - wonderful people - wonderful city!

And no, no speeding, 45-55km/hour - a rule of thumb.

Thank you Chiangmai wai.gif

Edited by ataloss