SH150i Honda vs PCX vs Forza vs Nouvo SX

AlanL1275

Enjoyed your post, I did not know anything about the SH150i. When I google'd it I saw lots

of info but nowhere do I see it has rear disc brakes. Is that a Thailand thing?

Down to brass tacks the PCX is about 80k and the SH150i 100K is that about right?

I see the PCX gets better mileage and is the bike of choice of affluent bar-girls with generous sponsors

or ex-pats who have them done up really quite nice. I have seen a few sh150's but really did not know

what they were. Which do you think sales will increase, or will it be more of a niche bike like the Vespa.

Which I like the looks of except for the small wheels. Anyone else driven all three or any two?

I use a Nouvo SX with heavy springs, that I quite like. Just thinking ahead to my next bike.

Enjoyed your post, I did not know anything about the SH150i. When I google'd it I saw lots

of info but nowhere do I see it has rear disc brakes. Is that a Thailand thing?

Down to brass tacks the PCX is about 80k and the SH150i 100K is that about right?

I see the PCX gets better mileage and is the bike of choice of affluent bar-girls with generous sponsors

or ex-pats who have them done up really quite nice. I have seen a few sh150's but really did not know

what they were. Which do you think sales will increase, or will it be more of a niche bike like the Vespa.

Which I like the looks of except for the small wheels. Anyone else driven all three or any two?

I use a Nouvo SX with heavy springs, that I quite like. Just thinking ahead to my next bike.

As long as it cost app 20k baht more for a SH150 than a PCX it will only be a niche bike compared to the PCX.

As late as yesterday I was in the biggest Thai bike shop in Pattaya (South Pattaya road/3rd road) and they have over 10 pcx's and 1 sh150 (I think, wasn't looking too hard, he-he) on display which gives you a good idea of which bikes they sell.

The SH150 seems to be the biggest seller in some countries so it's without doubt a good scooter.

It's all a personal choice, go and look at them, sit on them and if possible test ride them and then make up your mind, for some the 20k baht difference is not a problem.

I intend to keep my 1 year old pcx150 min 3-4 years more and who knows what will be on the market then.

As late as yesterday I was in the biggest Thai bike shop in Pattaya (South Pattaya road/3rd road) and they have over 10 pcx's and 1 sh150 (I think, wasn't looking too hard, he-he) on display which gives you a good idea of which bikes they sell.

Always assuming of course that the other 9 SH 150's hadn't been sold already.whistling.gif

• Like 2

150cc?

I walk faster !

In the case of the Raider, 160 kph - good luck with that.

Remember many of us had big bikes back home, but don't think they make sense here, especially in shorts and flip flops.

OK, lets say this way.

suzuki raider is the fastest 4 stroke cub on earth.

thanks for the reminder.

You could add to that - still in production ( the Cagiva ceased several years ago) and available here and now. biggrin.png

post-37414-0-56833100-1385784324_thumb.j

I bought a SH150i last month. Never been 100% sure about the styling and the windshield and rear box don't add to the aesthetics of the bike. In the end I bought it because it suited the riding I do in BKK and I don't like the styling of the common PCX.

I have yet to see another on the road and can't see them selling well here. Thai friends can not cope with the price and lack of stickers (they say the colour is ugly, just black!)

I've found it economical using the idling stop system, which took a week or two to get use to. The only thing I am considering changing is the seat. It's very contoured and sticks in my arse. If I could readily buy a replacement I probably would have already.

Paid 96K with the windshield and rear box.

and I don't like the styling of the common PCX.

it's common, cuz its the best by a country mile..........

I'd say it's common because it's a Honda actually.

Too lardy for parking and too slow covering that country mile....and then there's the price, but Honda are good at marketing for sure.

Friend of mine rejected the first 3 bikes because they are too big if you are only 5 foot 2. Couldn't put feet down. Got the Nouvo. There is no one bike that is better than others. It is all about your size, height, experience, driving requirements and budget.

• Like 1

Been riding the SH150i for about a month.

Well worth the additional 20k baht over the PCX.

Finally a scooter built for the farang.

remember how smart you felt wearing "oxford bags" with those loverly side pockets ?

then a few years later you looked at a photo ?

don't delude yourself, the PCX is the best scooter out there.....

remember how smart you felt wearing "oxford bags" with those loverly side pockets ?

then a few years later you looked at a photo ?

don't delude yourself, the PCX is the best scooter out there.....

PCXs are very good as are all the bikes in the Honda lineup but they look too small for the average farang. Some modify the seat and rear shocks and that helps.

Personally, the PCX styling looks a bit feminine. Like it was made for a woman but it is a bit too large for the girls. Possibly designed for ladyboys?

• Like 2

Now now boys.

Don't know what Oxford bags are, but I know what and Oxford comma is.

PCX is a small Maxi scooter whereas SH is a large conventional scooter. Both have their place and both are popular albeit in different markets. If one thinks the PCX has the edge on looks that is OK. But difficult to argue against the SH taking the specification stakes.

• Like 1

Always assuming of course that the other 9 SH 150's hadn't been sold already.whistling.gif

Honda didn't build the SH to compete with their PCX. They are going after the Vespa buyers with the SH.

It would be better to compare the sales of the Honda SH150 against the similar priced, Vespa, no?

Honda didn't build the SH to compete with their PCX. They are going after the Vespa buyers with the SH.

It would be better to compare the sales of the Honda SH150 against the similar priced, Vespa, no?

How do you do that in a Honda dealer?

How do you do that in a Honda dealer?

Well you can go to any big outlet of Mityon Pattaya and compare the bikes, they sell Sym, Vespa and all the local made small bikes and also the Sh150.

http://www.mityon.co.th/?page_id=46〈=en

• Like 1

Uncle J - Saw you and your SH150 today (Potisan market)......bike is actually quite nice looking in the flesh...in fact the pictures dont do it justice....

not sure about the 20k premium over the PCX though...

oh - and stop oggling me missus ! lol....(dark blue top)