Pepsi Max - gone from shelves forever?

Mekong Bob

also: do you realize how FAT that stuff makes you ? (just coz there is no sugar, the other ingredients in the drink muck up your human body) things go wrong when you bombard your body with the wrong substances.

Not looking at any of the other arguments out there against diet drinks, this one has basically no credibility. The bloggasphere mythology on this as science fact is based on a Purdue study where rats which were given diet drinks ate more high-calorie chocolate pudding than those who were given sugared drinks and hence gained weight and two studies of people where those who drank diet drinks ended up gaining more weight than those who did not. These were observational studies, though. It could be that the people involved switched to diet drinks because they were already gaining weight, while slender people felt no need to drink them. It could be the "Big Mac Diet Coke Effect," where people who drink a diet drink think it is OK to have two Big Macs (just like people who exercise often gain weight because they think that because the were on a bike for 30 minutes, they can reward themselves with a big piece of cake.) There were no causal studies as to why those people gained more weight.

There is absolutely no hard, scientific evidence that anything in diet drinks alter the body's ability to burn calories. The bottom line is that unless you alter your consumption based on drinking diet drinks, fewer calories in means less weight.

As to some of the other health-related claims, there could be some basis to some of those.

Good post. Nice to hear some one has done their home work,

Yes the MSG myth is slowly being shown up for what is a myth. Just like the coffee one. There are some people who it has a bad affect on but not that many to have the whole population upset about it.

As for the aspertine it is pretty well accepted among the experts that it has no effect on 2/3 of the population, and nothing serious for most of the other 1/3. All foods can have an adverse efferct. To much salt is not good for any one but try to live with out it.The US government says that Aspertine is safe. It took them years of research to OK it, They say it is the most researched item they have ever done. A bribe takes ten minutes. So much for that nonsense

These food nutters never do any research they already know what they want to believe and those are the articles they read, Try looking up the formula for Pepsi Max and you wont get the exact details but they do change the formula from country to country. Do these food nutters know that.

In the last 3 years I have averaged 1 and 1/2 liter of Pepsi Max a night. I have also lost 32 kilo's. There was a while when I drank Coke Zero instead. Not sure but I think it has a little bit of sugar.

I had a brother who had to watch his salt intake all his life he was the third oldest of 9 also the only one watching his intake of it and he is the only one dead. Shall we condemn salt?

My ex was allergic to latex. In a no holds barred emergency they had her on a gurney from the emergency room to the operating room when she told them that. They held it off for 1/2 hour to prepare the room. So am I afraid of latex? No, The point is respect other peoples rights don't just throw a blanket condemnation on your body's inability to handle certain things on to them. If any one really believed all the myths going around they would wonder why man did not dye out thousands of years ago. by the way I am 71 and in reasonably good health except for arthritis.

at 71, you ought to be in good health.

to say you are in 'reasonable' health is not exactly a way of promoting your examples.

if you wanted to sort out your arthritis you would dramatically increase the GREEN LEAFY vegetables on your daily plate... (an I mean DRAMATICALLY). and cut down on the processed food.

sure,, if you want to compare a latex allergy with MSG or Aspartame, then go for it... use a convenient excuse to cover your eyes so that you feel comfortable that you dont nee to change anything in your world.

but,, regardless of what you say: MSG and Aspartame are NOT GOOD for you !!!

if you have a kid who is sick, I am SURE you will not give him MSG and Aspartame.. (just to be safe).

and you would probably increase the water and fruit and veg for him.

i am sure you wouldnt get your spouse or grandchild to do a 3 days cheese or milk diet to "fix" their sickness.! but I would not be suprised to see you giving them fruit, veg and water.

i think you inherrantly know whats good and bad for you.

you are welcome to turn a blind eye to obvious things. but its pretty unfortunate that you (and some others) to stand behind a tonne of corrupt studies and accept them as true.

do you not realise how much money is involved in Aspartame?

i'd like to see you eat it by the spoonful if you are so sure of yourself!

71 years old (by a thai standard may be very old.. but by a western standard is just a regular grandpa status)... and you should not be "reasonable" health. you should be in "great health" !!

i know Plenty of 80+ people that are in good shape!!

diet is has a MASSIVE link to your health.

the people that dont believe it end up with a lesser quality life and blame it on age or DNA or something else.

education is the key.

- Reading a recent study from the newspaper that helps to support bad eating habits is NOT the way forward!

even at school (in political studies) we were told about how most of the large businesses give MASSIVE contributions to political parties,, and there is expected some sort of repayment (by means of lax laws or passing of favorable laws).

if this is taught in school and openly available knowledge,, then just think about what kind of corruption goes on BEHIND closed doors.

another one is the Milk industry... desperately trying to promote the vitamin D and calcium in milk,,, and all the world has seen this advertising for decades,, so we all believe it!! milk is related to bone density LOSS !!! (not gain).. and milk proteins are directly related to tumor growth,, and most importantly: Milk is for babies!!! give me ONE creature on this planet that drinks milk beyond infancy.

adults are NOT babies. we get better quality calcium from Green vegetables.. and vitamin D from the sun.

did you know that Milk is also a problem for arthritis (along with uric acid crystal build up in your body). green vegetables and fruit will rectify your arthritis.

also at school we were taught that sooo many of the Milk industry's studies were funded by the milk industry themselves!! and pressure to the labs to force the results to the favor of the industry.

i am surprised that you really actually believe these studies that support eating junk food and preservatives and aspartame and MSG and whatever it may be.

anyway,, its on your head, not mine.

at least I told you.

and it may be wise if you acknowledged it and passed the wise advice to your kids and grandkids too.

do you have any idea how BAD that stuff is for you ?? !!! its pretty much the same as MSG !!

MSG does not hurt most people. That is an urban myth. Talk about "gullible".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate

i could say "Gullible" for you too!

do you know that the regulatory bodies monitor pages on wikipedia and they MAKE SURE that it says what they want it to say.

wiki is a great open platform for propoganda. the CIA, FDA, and so many bodies have their fingers all over the web!

really,, a few (industry paid) studies that support eating crappy food is not what you should believe.

trust me,, its,, its bad for you... along with half of the other things in package food.

it may only be slightly damaging... but it all adds up..

some aspartame, some msg, some cigarettes, some alcohol, some preservatives, some E-Number food additives, too much oil and fat,, too much junk and cheese,,, it all adds up.

and then when people hit 40+ and have digestive disorders,,, and then a decade later have pre-diabetes and colon problems,, and then a decade later are in hospital,,, they blame their DNA or bad luck in life.

the doctors give them pills,,,

doctors are NOT taught anything about food!

there is no money in doctors telling you to eat the correct food.

its such a Small aspect of modern medicine,,

modern medicine is all about the most expensive treatments possible! the more money,, the better for whoever has the contract or the medicine.

the amount of money involved is colossal...

please dont believe some basic propaganda at its lowest basic level.

the problem of these sick people in the world is the crappy food they are eating!!!

i dont appreciate that you come online and try to defend a bad product. you mislead other readers.

junk, preservatives and all the rest are all bad.

its all part of a small puzzle that gathers towards your general health.

alone it may be small(ish),, but if you are ok with aspartame, it probably means you are ok about a whole load of other bad things too !!!

and so it all adds up over the decades.

and thats the main difference between the ones who are sick and the ones who arent sick.

Edited by easybullet3
  • Like 1

do you know that the regulatory bodies monitor pages on wikipedia and they MAKE SURE that it says what they want it to say.

wiki is a great open platform for propoganda. the CIA, FDA, and so many bodies have their fingers all over the web!

Conspiracy theories. What a shock!

Pepsi used to be bottled here by Sermsuk. The relationship broke down after 60 years(!) in 2011. Each side blames the other for being unreasonable. The contract was ended.

Pepsi then bought a plant from San Miguel to bottle the drink, but they've been having production problems.

Pepsi have made a strategic decision to focus on the smaller cans to differentiate themselves from competitors, including Est which Sermsuk launched after the business breakup. I don't know whether they'll bring back the larger cans - possibly they won't. I guess it may depend on how well the small-can strategy works.

Has Pepsi resolved its "production problems" yet? What about its "distribution problems"?

How is the small-can slim-can strategy working for Pepsi? I note that Coke produces both slim cans and regular (350-ml) cans.

And what's the story with the 450-ml plastic bottles of Pepsi Max? Can we expect to see these in Chiang Mai soon?

There was a shortage for a couple of months following the big Bangkok flood, but as I buy a few cases, we had plenty for the duration. My usual source is TESCO, on the ring road, North, exiting Udon Thani for Nong Khai and Vientienne.

Our local Tesco (UD Town) only has individual bottles.

I recommend you check out the other Tesco's in your area

There was a shortage for a couple of months following the big Bangkok flood, but as I buy a few cases, we had plenty for the duration. My usual source is TESCO, on the ring road, North, exiting Udon Thani for Nong Khai and Vientienne.

Our local Tesco (UD Town) only has individual bottles.

I recommend you check out the other Tesco's in your area

I think there was a complete disappearance of all sugar free beverages for at least 6 months after the flooding, and there was another very limited supply for several months last year, while there was no flooding.

I notice that there is currently another shortage , but yet not a complete disappearance.

.. and you have a quote from George Orwell in your signature!!! Lol !!

member of the Fabian Society !! (how do you think he was able to write a book so prophetic as 1984 ?? !!! he already knew what was goibng to happen because he was "in with the boys") he tried warning people till his died.

anyway.. i am still surprised you tried to belittle all of what I said by just drawing out some line of mine that talks about the CIA and FDA monitoring and updating Wikipedia pages. I'm pretty stunned that you actually believe they don't do such a thing!!!

after 50 years of hearing crazy stuff that the CIA did over the years... have you ever heard of ECHELON ??? its like the most major eavesdropping case ever unhatched. the Russians uncovered the phone-tapping that the CIA was doing and the whole thing is on display in a museum now (as proof it definitely happened) !! and this was eons ago !!

so,, to be in denial about organisations "making sure" that the internet displays exactly what they want it to display is pretty narrow minded.

don't you ever remember wikipedia (last year) closed for a day or so ? it was in response to the USA gov trying to censor the web!!!

living proof that they don't like what people can find out.

just to say that its conspiracy theory is like calling someone 'gay' to try to humiliate them and somehow make it seem that their intelligence is not valid anymore.

to tell the truth, if you dont believe in any (of what you call conspiracy theories) then you have an extremely shaded outlook.

but the fact that you have george orwell in your signature means you have something in this direction ;)

maybe you just resisting my info coz it affects some products that you consume. and since people are always resistant to changing their daily routines, you probably dont wanna accept what I said (for that reason).

also: do you realize how FAT that stuff makes you ? (just coz there is no sugar, the other ingredients in the drink muck up your human body) things go wrong when you bombard your body with the wrong substances.

Not looking at any of the other arguments out there against diet drinks, this one has basically no credibility. The bloggasphere mythology on this as science fact is based on a Purdue study where rats which were given diet drinks ate more high-calorie chocolate pudding than those who were given sugared drinks and hence gained weight and two studies of people where those who drank diet drinks ended up gaining more weight than those who did not. These were observational studies, though. It could be that the people involved switched to diet drinks because they were already gaining weight, while slender people felt no need to drink them. It could be the "Big Mac Diet Coke Effect," where people who drink a diet drink think it is OK to have two Big Macs (just like people who exercise often gain weight because they think that because the were on a bike for 30 minutes, they can reward themselves with a big piece of cake.) There were no causal studies as to why those people gained more weight.

There is absolutely no hard, scientific evidence that anything in diet drinks alter the body's ability to burn calories. The bottom line is that unless you alter your consumption based on drinking diet drinks, fewer calories in means less weight.

As to some of the other health-related claims, there could be some basis to some of those.

Good post. Nice to hear some one has done their home work,

Yes the MSG myth is slowly being shown up for what is a myth. Just like the coffee one. There are some people who it has a bad affect on but not that many to have the whole population upset about it.

As for the aspertine it is pretty well accepted among the experts that it has no effect on 2/3 of the population, and nothing serious for most of the other 1/3. All foods can have an adverse efferct. To much salt is not good for any one but try to live with out it.The US government says that Aspertine is safe. It took them years of research to OK it, They say it is the most researched item they have ever done. A bribe takes ten minutes. So much for that nonsense

These food nutters never do any research they already know what they want to believe and those are the articles they read, Try looking up the formula for Pepsi Max and you wont get the exact details but they do change the formula from country to country. Do these food nutters know that.

In the last 3 years I have averaged 1 and 1/2 liter of Pepsi Max a night. I have also lost 32 kilo's. There was a while when I drank Coke Zero instead. Not sure but I think it has a little bit of sugar.

I had a brother who had to watch his salt intake all his life he was the third oldest of 9 also the only one watching his intake of it and he is the only one dead. Shall we condemn salt?

My ex was allergic to latex. In a no holds barred emergency they had her on a gurney from the emergency room to the operating room when she told them that. They held it off for 1/2 hour to prepare the room. So am I afraid of latex? No, The point is respect other peoples rights don't just throw a blanket condemnation on your body's inability to handle certain things on to them. If any one really believed all the myths going around they would wonder why man did not dye out thousands of years ago. by the way I am 71 and in reasonably good health except for arthritis.

to say you are in 'reasonable' health is not exactly a way of promoting your examples.

if you wanted to sort out your arthritis you would dramatically increase the GREEN LEAFY vegetables on your daily plate... (an I mean DRAMATICALLY). and cut down on the processed food.

sure,, if you want to compare a latex allergy with MSG or Aspartame, then go for it... use a convenient excuse to cover your eyes so that you feel comfortable that you dont nee to change anything in your world.

if you have a kid who is sick, I am SURE you will not give him MSG and Aspartame.. (just to be safe).

i am sure you wouldnt get your spouse or grandchild to do a 3 days cheese or milk diet to "fix" their sickness.! but I would not be suprised to see you giving them fruit, veg and water.

i think you inherrantly know whats good and bad for you.

you are welcome to turn a blind eye to obvious things. but its pretty unfortunate that you (and some others) to stand behind a tonne of corrupt studies and accept them as true.

i'd like to see you eat it by the spoonful if you are so sure of yourself!

71 years old (by a thai standard may be very old.. but by a western standard is just a regular grandpa status)... and you should not be "reasonable" health. you should be in "great health" !!

i know Plenty of 80+ people that are in good shape!!

diet is has a MASSIVE link to your health.

the people that dont believe it end up with a lesser quality life and blame it on age or DNA or something else.

education is the key.

- Reading a recent study from the newspaper that helps to support bad eating habits is NOT the way forward!

even at school (in political studies) we were told about how most of the large businesses give MASSIVE contributions to political parties,, and there is expected some sort of repayment (by means of lax laws or passing of favorable laws).

if this is taught in school and openly available knowledge,, then just think about what kind of corruption goes on BEHIND closed doors.

another one is the Milk industry... desperately trying to promote the vitamin D and calcium in milk,,, and all the world has seen this advertising for decades,, so we all believe it!! milk is related to bone density LOSS !!! (not gain).. and milk proteins are directly related to tumor growth,, and most importantly: Milk is for babies!!! give me ONE creature on this planet that drinks milk beyond infancy.

adults are NOT babies. we get better quality calcium from Green vegetables.. and vitamin D from the sun.

did you know that Milk is also a problem for arthritis (along with uric acid crystal build up in your body). green vegetables and fruit will rectify your arthritis.

also at school we were taught that sooo many of the Milk industry's studies were funded by the milk industry themselves!! and pressure to the labs to force the results to the favor of the industry.

i am surprised that you really actually believe these studies that support eating junk food and preservatives and aspartame and MSG and whatever it may be.

anyway,, its on your head, not mine.

at least I told you.

and it may be wise if you acknowledged it and passed the wise advice to your kids and grandkids too.

Other than your one sided search for answers to back up your beliefs what credentals do you have. You people are all the same. Like the one poster lookijng for organic cerial. I told them where to get it they came up with two other non related reasons why it was no good. One of them was because it wwas in a cardboard box. I guess the fact that it was recycled cardboard would have made it worse.

Lots of greens just eat celery it is green and see how long you stay healthy. Maybe once a week treatt yourseklf to a head of iceberg lettuce it is green.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

.. and you have a quote from George Orwell in your signature!!! Lol !!

member of the Fabian Society !! (how do you think he was able to write a book so prophetic as 1984 ?? !!! he already knew what was goibng to happen because he was "in with the boys") he tried warning people till his died.

anyway.. i am still surprised you tried to belittle all of what I said by just drawing out some line of mine that talks about the CIA and FDA monitoring and updating Wikipedia pages. I'm pretty stunned that you actually believe they don't do such a thing!!!

after 50 years of hearing crazy stuff that the CIA did over the years... have you ever heard of ECHELON ??? its like the most major eavesdropping case ever unhatched. the Russians uncovered the phone-tapping that the CIA was doing and the whole thing is on display in a museum now (as proof it definitely happened) !! and this was eons ago !!

so,, to be in denial about organisations "making sure" that the internet displays exactly what they want it to display is pretty narrow minded.

don't you ever remember wikipedia (last year) closed for a day or so ? it was in response to the USA gov trying to censor the web!!!

living proof that they don't like what people can find out.

just to say that its conspiracy theory is like calling someone 'gay' to try to humiliate them and somehow make it seem that their intelligence is not valid anymore.

to tell the truth, if you dont believe in any (of what you call conspiracy theories) then you have an extremely shaded outlook.

but the fact that you have george orwell in your signature means you have something in this direction wink.png

maybe you just resisting my info coz it affects some products that you consume. and since people are always resistant to changing their daily routines, you probably dont wanna accept what I said (for that reason).

Are you saying that we are now living in 1984. Don't tell any one they will laugh at you. It is such a horrable world we live in. Are only salivations is to eat vegies and drink fruit juice.

The internet is alive with conspiracies. That is where you get your information from rite?

I respect the fact that your body can not tolerate many foods. It happens to some. But I don't appreciate your trying to say we are all the same in are bodies reaction to the same foods.

As I said I have drank a liter and 1/2 of Pepsi Max over the last three years with a brief period of Coke Zero I have lost 33 Kilo's so much for your Pepsi Max put's on weight. I know of no body else who has and I know of no body else who has put on weight by drinking it. I am giving you the advantage of personal experiance. Now to say being in reasonably good health at 71 is not good enough. well did it iver occur to you that it might be accidents causing permanent damage to me. My liver Kidneys check out in good condition I have had an enlarged heart all my life. Maybe because my parents didn't eat enough veggies and drink enough fruit juice. I am sure you have read studies that prove it.

If the people you know in their 80's are in perfect health would you say that if they keep on doing what they are doing and eating what they are eating there will live forever? Eating mountauins of green vegeies will cure arthritis. Sorry It might slow it up but it will not cure it. Which drug company are you going to accuse of saying that is false. To the best of my knowledge none of them claim to have a drug to cure it so why would they spend millions to try to debunk it.

Arthritis has been with mankind long before all these things you condemn have been in fact the things you say will cure them have been around longer than the disease.

Last but not least these 80 year old's do they have the skin of a baby. The skin is the largest organ of the body. Why would it change and age while the inner organs stay the same.

Is this some kind of joke? It comes across as rather patronising. I find your statement bordering on offensive.

I'm from the north east of England, and I don't know any 71 year old who is in 'reasonable' let alone good health. My mother (father died aged 64) is in very poor health, as are my (remaining) aunts, uncles and their neighbours and friends. Mam doesn't do junk food, we ate a well balanced diet growing up and got fish and chips once every couple of months as a special treat. Our neighbours and everyone at school were the same, although it was probably more financial economics than home economics, including for us. There were never a lot of take-away's in the area until the last 15 years or so, and the oldies still don't go for them. I can't remember how many times I've seen elderly people sitting with presumably grandchildren in McD's or KFC not eating it themselves. Mam tried McD's once, took a mouthful of burger and declared it inedible, although she takes the grandkids now and again and is quite keen on KFC fries, but doesn't like the look of the chicken so has never tried it. She has hereditary diabetes, and like 2 of my uncles she controls it with diet rather than insulin. She is very careful with what she eats and always has been because she has always had an aversion to going on the needle. Over the years, several doctors have tried to persuade her, but she has always resisted and keeps her blood sugar to a level where they can't force her. She and my uncles are in much better health than my aunt who decided to go the easy route with insulin. She has the best diet of anyone I've ever known, so of course we grew up with what she cooked. My health is great compared to some, meaning I could never say I'm not in good health, but it's far from perfect, and I have an excellent diet compared to most.

I like junk food occasionally, but I'd much rather have a home cooked meal. Here in Thailand it costs a lot more to cook in than to eat out, but I still it do pretty much every day as I prefer it. Processed foods I would probably use back home are either not available here or so outrageously expensive I can't justify it so I cook pretty much everything from scratch. I even made my own treacle, lemon curd and crumpets a couple of weeks ago. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate a bit of refined fat every now and again though, sometimes you just have to have a Whopper!

I would challenge you to go to any working class village or town in UK and find elderly people in good health. I seriously can't point at one elderly member of my family or any of their friends or neighbours who could be described as being in good health, and the closest they got to junk food and fizzy drinks growing up and raising us was home made chips and occasionally exploding bottles of ginger beer (it was the funniest thing I've ever seen, knocked a huge hole in the ceiling of the pantry. Nan freaked out because she thought the Russians were coming and it was a bomb. Seriously).

Mam eats lots, and I mean LOTS of leafy greens, other veg and fruit. The only 'processed' food she has in the cupboard are tinned tomatoes, peas, tuna and sardines, and she is crippled by arthritis.

convenient excuse to cover your eyes so that you feel comfortable that you dont nee to change anything in your world.

There is no scientifically accepted proof of this at all. There are lots of reports, but no peer reviewed and scientifically accepted proof.

I think that is pretty obvious, even the worst parents in the world would know to do this. You would give fresh and bland food to make sure they didn't vomit.

But this argument is accepting that the studies you believe are not corrupt. Or even just plainly and simply wrong.

And just how much money is involved in high fructose corn syrup? There is a very big vested interest there in proving artificial sweeteners are bad so we'd better use HFCS. Not to mention the size and power of the corn grower's lobby in the US

diet is has a MASSIVE link to your health. the people that dont believe it end up with a lesser quality life and blame it on age or DNA or something else.

education is the key.

Tell that to the old folks I know; you would quite likely be battered with handbags and walking sticks! My parents' generation ate well growing up (in our case village-living meant they were somewhat immune to wartime and post war rationing of fruits and veggies (although mam says she was 19 before she had her first taste of banana)). The frugal living - make everything yourself rather than buying it as there's no money became make it yourself because it's a waste of money to buy it and that credo stuck with them. Mam even made her own bread and occasional cakes until a couple of years ago, now she doesn't bother much with either as she doesn't the taste like 'shop bread' and the cakes are too sweet for her. She made her Christmas cake and mince pies for visitors last week.

Corn growers are one of the biggest contributors in US, sorry I can't remember the sources but I have read that more than once from sources I wouldn't question. Gotta build and protect that global addiction to high fructose corn syrup.

Your source for that statement? Dairy foods play an important role in a balanced diet. This is an accepted by all scientists and nutritionists apart from the odd few 'food nutters'. So many studies in so many countries over so many years have shown this; it is pretty much beyond refute.

But who has funded the overwhelming number of studies trying to prove aspartame is evil? Back to those benevolent corn growers. And the milk industry may have funded sooo many studies, but independent studies have been done by sooo many more governments, proving conclusively that dairy is an important part of a balanced diet. Studies are basically statistics, and as we all know, statistics can be manipulated to produce pretty much any conclusion the statistician wants.

I looked into aspartame last year on the request of a friend who thought I was bored and needed to do a bit of serious research to get my brain working again. Serious research means reading the actual studies, not the condensed version reported in the media and on the net. It took me almost 3 weeks, sifting through often mind numbing papers for several hours each day. My conclusion was that I'm not going to stop drinking my Pepsi Max. I really don't believe aspartame is doing me any harm. You obviously don't agree with that, and that is your right, but after careful research, I don't think it's hurting me. That's my opinion, but I would never harangue anyone on the subject and tell them they should not be afraid of using it.

As for MSG, I've never looked into it, but I'm not adverse to using it in cooking occasionally if the meal I'm preparing is lacking something. It has been used extensively in Asia for over 100 years, which is good enough for me unless and until there is general acceptance in the scientific community to the contrary.

I'll be sure to tell mam she should eat even more fruit and veg than she does now and to cut out dairy to cure her arthritis whistling.gif

• Like 1

If you want to try to contact Pepsi Thailand try this address which I got from Pepsico in a reply to ane mail:-

Thank you for taking the time to email us at Pepsi-Cola. You’ve reached one of our North American business offices.

I’ve determined after reviewing your message that one of our regional international business offices would be in the best position to assist you further. Please find below all of the current contact information available for your region.

Asia & Asia Pacific Business Unit in Bangkok
16th - 17th Floor, Emporium Tower 622 Kukhumvit Road,
Klongton, Klongtoey Bangkok
10110, Thailand

Telephone: (662) 624 6800
Fax: 662 624 6809

Thanks again for writing. I’m happy to be able to point you in the right direction, as I’m sure the local office will appreciate hearing from you.

from a lot of the threads on this page which seem to have wandered well away from the original post it would appear that athritis & diabetes are directly linked to MSG & Aspartame, well please explain why both diseases have crippled lives even before it was known what these diseases wereand have been recognisably described since the middle ages, "people" say that both diseases are on the increase, well that is true, but only inline with the population increase gave or take a %point, conspiracy theorists have always blamed diseases on something even as far as attributing natural phenomena to people not believing enough in God or not making enough human sacrifices, yes there are cases of drugs like thalidomide causing unexpected side affectsbut these are comparitively rare due to the rigorous testing that now is carried out on food additives and drugs, which by the way a lot of these doubting Thomases would like to see all testing stopped if it involves living tissue, they say that these tests can now be checked using computer algorithms, well I for one would prefer to see the results of tests done on tissue or can I say this "on animals" rather on a computer programmers idea of a human analogue. after all a program is only as good as the programmer, if they may an error who can say what the results might be, ask Microsoft how good programmers are as they spend many millions every year in software patches.

Other than your one sided search for answers to back up your beliefs what credentals do you have. You people are all the same. Like the one poster lookijng for organic cerial. I told them where to get it they came up with two other non related reasons why it was no good. One of them was because it wwas in a cardboard box. I guess the fact that it was recycled cardboard would have made it worse.

Lots of greens just eat celery it is green and see how long you stay healthy. Maybe once a week treatt yourseklf to a head of iceberg lettuce it is green.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

i didnt understand the joke at the end.

something about "lots of greens" and you spoke about celery and lettuce,

if you didnt know,,, celery is AMAZING for you.

you probably just recall from school that 'it takes more calories to eat celery than it actually gives to you'.

but not everything is about calories.

Celery leaves are high in vitamin A, whilst the stems are an excellent source of vitamins B1, B2, B6 and C and dense in potassium, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, sodium and essential amino acids and important concentrations of plant hormones and the essential oils.

Celery is known to contain at least eight families of anti-cancer compounds. it contains: Acetylenic compounds which have been shown to stop the growth of tumor cells. Celery contains other compounds called phonolic acids that block the action of hormone-like substances called prostaglandins, which encourage the growth of tumor cells. Coumarins, another phytonutrient in celery helps prevent free-radicals from damaging cells and prevent the formation and development of the colon and stomach cancers.

The polyacetylene in celery is an amazing relief for all inflammation including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, asthma and bronchitis. A study published in the Proceeding of the National Academy of Science U.S.A found that another powerful phytonutrient called luteolin prevents activation of a pathway that allows inflammation in the brain to get switched on. Luteolin also inhibits the excess production of TNF-alpha, a direct cause of inflammation.

other things: Lowers Blood pressure and Helps get rid of kidney stones,

source: http://www.naturalnews.com/024596_celery_juicing.html

so,, now are you going to knock celery ever again ?? I hope not. I bet you start recommending celery to your arthritic friends from now on ;)

just to let you know,, there are plenty more Greens in the store aside from celery and lettuce you know.. (but I know you were being sarcastic),, but to me, and any nutritionist, you are shooting yourself in the foot with that attitude.

but I am sure that secretly you may take on board some of the stuff I sad. (at least I would hope so).

if I builder gave you advice on how to do a nice strong repair on a pipe using cheap stuff you already have in your garage, you may listen. (even if the Large DIY chain sells some product for over $100).

you kind of trust his work-around advice... not needing to pay through the nose for a 'glamour product' that is well advertised and has a lot of money behind it (from a large company that can afford to market it and pay for TV ads).

similar thing with the magazines and newspapers you read from many bias studies that make their way to the web or news.

simple food,, that grows naturally is the KEY to fixing any ailment you may have clocked up over the years.

its not rocket science.

if its in a packet, then its not real food. (unless of course its a banana in a packet)

about that organic cereal thing.

i have no idea what the guy was going on about (cardboard).

maybe he/she was 'trying' to talk about the plastic inner bag that the cereal is in. I'm sure it contains some dodgy chemicals (PBA's, etc)... but really,, the amount that comes off to your cereal is negligible. the REAL damage is the actual cereal itself. organic or not,, it would have sugar, or some sort of disguised sugar... fructose corn syrup being the worst of them all !! (its sometimes disguised with other names or abbreviations).

also,, if there is any dried fruit in the cereal, this is also soaked in sugar syrup and often has been treated with Sulfur Dioxide (which can trigger sensitivities in many people).

if you really want to have a healthy breakfast. just eat fruit.

but of course maybe you like the taste of cereal.

but no, I would not be telling you about the plastic in the cereal packet,,, coz really its not so relevant and a bit nit-picky.

but seriously, the soda drinks are NOT good for you.

i didnt understand the joke at the end.

something about "lots of greens" and you spoke about celery and lettuce,

if you didnt know,,, celery is AMAZING for you.

you probably just recall from school that 'it takes more calories to eat celery than it actually gives to you'.

but not everything is about calories.

Celery leaves are high in vitamin A, whilst the stems are an excellent source of vitamins B1, B2, B6 and C and dense in potassium, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, sodium and essential amino acids and important concentrations of plant hormones and the essential oils.

Celery is known to contain at least eight families of anti-cancer compounds. it contains: Acetylenic compounds which have been shown to stop the growth of tumor cells. Celery contains other compounds called phonolic acids that block the action of hormone-like substances called prostaglandins, which encourage the growth of tumor cells. Coumarins, another phytonutrient in celery helps prevent free-radicals from damaging cells and prevent the formation and development of the colon and stomach cancers.

The polyacetylene in celery is an amazing relief for all inflammation including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, asthma and bronchitis. A study published in the Proceeding of the National Academy of Science U.S.A found that another powerful phytonutrient called luteolin prevents activation of a pathway that allows inflammation in the brain to get switched on. Luteolin also inhibits the excess production of TNF-alpha, a direct cause of inflammation.

other things: Lowers Blood pressure and Helps get rid of kidney stones,

source: http://www.naturalnews.com/024596_celery_juicing.html

so,, now are you going to knock celery ever again ?? I hope not. I bet you start recommending celery to your arthritic friends from now on wink.png

just to let you know,, there are plenty more Greens in the store aside from celery and lettuce you know.. (but I know you were being sarcastic),, but to me, and any nutritionist, you are shooting yourself in the foot with that attitude.

but I am sure that secretly you may take on board some of the stuff I sad. (at least I would hope so).

if I builder gave you advice on how to do a nice strong repair on a pipe using cheap stuff you already have in your garage, you may listen. (even if the Large DIY chain sells some product for over $100).

you kind of trust his work-around advice... not needing to pay through the nose for a 'glamour product' that is well advertised and has a lot of money behind it (from a large company that can afford to market it and pay for TV ads).

similar thing with the magazines and newspapers you read from many bias studies that make their way to the web or news.

simple food,, that grows naturally is the KEY to fixing any ailment you may have clocked up over the years.

its not rocket science.

if its in a packet, then its not real food. (unless of course its a banana in a packet)

about that organic cereal thing.

i have no idea what the guy was going on about (cardboard).

maybe he/she was 'trying' to talk about the plastic inner bag that the cereal is in. I'm sure it contains some dodgy chemicals (PBA's, etc)... but really,, the amount that comes off to your cereal is negligible. the REAL damage is the actual cereal itself. organic or not,, it would have sugar, or some sort of disguised sugar... fructose corn syrup being the worst of them all !! (its sometimes disguised with other names or abbreviations).

also,, if there is any dried fruit in the cereal, this is also soaked in sugar syrup and often has been treated with Sulfur Dioxide (which can trigger sensitivities in many people).

if you really want to have a healthy breakfast. just eat fruit.

but of course maybe you like the taste of cereal.

but no, I would not be telling you about the plastic in the cereal packet,,, coz really its not so relevant and a bit nit-picky.

but seriously, the soda drinks are NOT good for you.

..well I will keep omn drinking the Pepsi Max and losing weight. That is good for me. As for celery it may have all the studff you say it has but you would die of malnutrition from it. Most of the studies you read are small studies. Back in the 60s I remember the U S food and drug made the maskers of orange pop take a chemical out they had studied it and discovered that if you drink a case of 24 a day fir 29 years you are running the risk of dying so they banned it. They will ban drugs if they find proof that it assn have severe side affects. They banned Viox and the one that was on the market to replace it and left celebrex almost banned it. They said it was iffy.

As of last Thursday Makro Hang Dong had a new supply of large bottle cases.....12 to a case.

Tesco Lotus Hang Dong road has single big bottles.........buy 12 and you have a case.

A tip on Pepsi Max............there is a BF (before) date on every can or bottle. If you are not going to consume the contents before that date do not buy it.

I have had them go flat exactly on that date.......

Jolly Roger

It's not really gone flat but a similar reaction to the sugar-free sweetener product expiring ,causing the flat colored water look and taste that really is nasty !

I use to post queries on the Phuket Gazette to find out why S-F Sprite ,I think it was Sprite , was stopped from production or why don't they sell more

SF Flavors in Thailand , they certainly have a growing diabetic population not just in Ex-pats but in Thais who have fallen to the sweet side of life !

Worse thing in the world is SUGAR being added to baby Foods when kids grow up. I'm sure as Thailand has expanded its economy , the SUGAR Mongers have been hard at work putting it in everything possible !

I wish Hershey's would bring in Reeses Peanut Butter Cups Sugar-free , very good for a Chocolate fix, but probably because their so good they're still bad for you in some way !

I just moved to Naklua from Phuket where Pepsi was No.1 in the Market there because Coca Cola gave lousy service. Now ,a few years ago Pepsi ,also adopted a Bad Service on their routes. I wonder whose No 1 in phuket these days. They were out of Pepsi Max allot there too since the floods a few years back.

My Diet should have killed me before I was 50 !
I remember when I was growing up ,some people who were big health promoters,

on their food intake and exercise , and running guy Jim Fixx was one of them !

He was 52 when he went for his final run and died !

I'm a firm believer ,when it's your time ,It's your time! Even if you go by being in somebody else's

Time when they are going and you get stuck going with them too! Wrong Place ,wrong Time !!! SuX!

C'est la Vie !

The shelf life of sugar free soda is very limited - the Pepsi Max 245-ml tin I just had was made in July and expired last week (4 month life). And this was just purchased from Lotus last month so the reason for a sale price seems to have been to get rid of it before expiration date. Not sure where it has been since July but suspect tied up in distribution channels rather than sitting on supermarket shelves (which seem to clear quickly).

.. and you have a quote from George Orwell in your signature

It seems that you do not realize that 1984 is fiction. Your old wives tales about MSG are too. whistling.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I guess there is a Makro in Chiangmai, as they stock the 550ml bottles all the time. Most of the times it is even difficult to find larger bottles there, as their profit margin on half liters seems a bit better.

Wrong! Makro in Chiang MaI (Hang Dong Branch) no longer has Pepsi Max (550-ml plastic bottles) on the shelf, and has been out of stock for three months.

Moreover, per Customer Service, Makro has no plans to re-order this 550-ml plastic bottle.

The reason that nobody has any plans to reorder 550ml bottles, as you claim, may be beacuse they aren't produced anymore since another poster pointed out already that they are now 445 ml.

I know for sure that in the Pattaya and Rayong branch of Makro there are always small bottles of Pepsi Max available, even when the big bottles are out of stock for prolonged time.

I don't know if they are 445ml or 550 ml though as I'm not interested in small bottles .

Pepsi Max in 550-ml ("Big Gulp") plastic bottles is still being produced, as of November 24, 2013. I know this because I am drinking one right now.

To my surprise, Pepsi Max in 445-ml plastic bottles is now being produced and distributed in Bangkok (only).

I don't know how long it's been on the (Bangkok) market. Couple of months? Nor do I know if or when this smaller bottle will ever be available in the provinces.

The popular 325-ml (11-oz) cans of Pepsi Max are gone forever, I think.

The little "slim cans" of Pepsi Max - the sampler size - remain on upcountry shelves.

I guess there is a Makro in Chiangmai, as they stock the 550ml bottles all the time. Most of the times it is even difficult to find larger bottles there, as their profit margin on half liters seems a bit better.

Wrong! Makro in Chiang MaI (Hang Dong Branch) no longer has Pepsi Max (550-ml plastic bottles) on the shelf, and has been out of stock for three months.

Moreover, per Customer Service, Makro has no plans to re-order this 550-ml plastic bottle.

The reason that nobody has any plans to reorder 550ml bottles, as you claim, may be beacuse they aren't produced anymore since another poster pointed out already that they are now 445 ml.

I know for sure that in the Pattaya and Rayong branch of Makro there are always small bottles of Pepsi Max available, even when the big bottles are out of stock for prolonged time.

I don't know if they are 445ml or 550 ml though as I'm not interested in small bottles .

Pepsi Max in 550-ml ("Big Gulp") plastic bottles is still being produced, as of November 24, 2013. I know this because I am drinking one right now.

To my surprise, Pepsi Max in 445-ml plastic bottles is now being produced and distributed in Bangkok (only).

I don't know how long it's been on the (Bangkok) market. Couple of months? Nor do I know if or when this smaller bottle will ever be available in the provinces.

The popular 325-ml (11-oz) cans of Pepsi Max are gone forever, I think.

The little "slim cans" of Pepsi Max - the sampler size - remain on upcountry shelves.

and today I see a 410-ml plastic bottle of Regular Pepsi (not Pepsi Max) at a 7-11 in Chiang Mai.

the marketing strategy of Pepsi gets curiouser and curiouser as time goes by.

and today I see a 410-ml plastic bottle of Regular Pepsi (not Pepsi Max) at a 7-11 in Chiang Mai.

the marketing strategy of Pepsi gets curiouser and curiouser as time goes by.

It's the trick, make the bottles smaller and keep the price the same, few will notice and be aware that actually the price has increased by 10 -15%

• 2 months later...

Just discovered a steady source for Pepsi Max (550 ml plastic bottle) in Hang Dong area. It's a 7-11 store along Irrigation Canal Road (Route 121). In same section as Empress Dental Care Clinic and Doi Chang Coffee Shop. If you order by case (24 bottles) 3-4 days in advance, it will be ready for you to pick up.

What ever happened to the new Pepsi production schedules at the new factory and the new distribution arrangement?

Looks like Pepsi was muscled out of the market by the dreaded "Est" brown water!!