Thai PM Yingluck easily survives no-confidence vote

webfact

Can the country now get back down to it now the Dems have failed miserably yet again?

The vote is a mandate to get those idiots out of government buildings and prosecute as necessary.

The worms in the various cans can be discussed/addressed when whatever passes for normality in Thai politics returns.

The vote is a mandate to get those idiots out of government buildings and prosecute as necessary.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif If you believe that then I almost feel sorry for you.

Normally I would feel a pang of sympathy for someone so easily fooled, but in this case, because the Shinawatra's privately run government / money laundering racket is involved, it is more contempt than pity I am feeling.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Democracy is when a group are voted in by majority to rule for a certain time. This has occurred so now let them rule until next election rather than continual fighting until army takes over - IDIOTS. The ballot speaks for itself - 297 lawmakers voting in her favour and 134 against.

Now move on for christ sake before thecountry is totally ruined. I know so many Thais who think likewise and can see their country in total meltdown

But there is far more to democracy than simply winning an election, and the behaviour of the government over the last 2 years is insufferable for many- doing everything for the PM's brother whilst severely damaging the country, ie the rice mortgage scheme.

This is not the US or the UK.

• Like 1

"Prime Minister Yingluck won the vote of confidence," said Somsak Kiatsuranont, with 297 lawmakers voting in her favour"

Clearly for some people the message takes some time to get through!

Is that an oxymoron "297 lawmakers" or a misprint of "297 lawbreakers"?

What Thailand needs is to replace all these 297 elected MPs with a new set of 297 "appointed" MPs.

We will let the court make the selection & appointment, so no one can argue that Thailand lacks check & balance.

Well done Yingluck now get governing the country and clear this whistle blowing rabble of numbties out of your capital city the elected parliament has given you its answer to your leadership.

I agree with you and can't understand most of these Thai Visa Members are not willing to accept, that in a democracy the Parliament is deciding and not the brainless mob in the streets

Yingluck is doing a great job with the rice scheme and as first PM she is solving the Flood-problem. Too much time is wasted with stupid discussions about corruption. The former government was not better. And under Taksin Thailand was developing very fast.

She managed to get the Chinese investors into the country and hopefully will proceed to find more interested investors from other countries.

I want to give you an example-In all the top hotels in London you have a clientele of mega rich people, they are CLANS these clans frequent a different hotel. in one of the clans on (un-named) VIP wทent bust, within a week the word got round so was not welcome in the clan any more. Do you get my drift ?????

No, not at all... What are you waffling on about ?

Stop TRYING to be clever with your post. If you read the first part of my post you WOULD understand--when your in a click and you follow the rules you will stay in the click---

What are you Waffling on about if you cannot get the gist of my post.???? picking out half of the post -trying to show other posters that is all I posted. NOT TRUE

After brownie points are we, get your head on straight and understand. I am not the best writer BUT do make or try to make valid points, unlike you nit picking.

Posting all or part of you post makes no difference...

Still don't have a clue what you are on about !

Maybe you can explain in a different way ?

Whats with you ??? The click I was giving example to are not dissimilar to the click you have in the ruling party---if you do not get this you do have a communication problem.

When you answered me you left out the first part of my post WHY ??? as the second part that you included (looking at it alone) would be a little vague. so next time you reply Quote all, there are not only you reading this forum, by doing what you did misleads people.

Please do not reply and say you do not understand, just get a medical opinion.

I was just saving space by cutting your quote...

Nothing to do with trying to mislead anyone...

Still not making sense though :)

Dopey Dems.....they had their chance and couldn't get the job done.....

Names and acurate figures of the corruption may have made some difference.....but it's not the "polite" way.....

I don't think they have a plan B!

Thank you for showing the whole forum just how ignorant you really are.

They were never going to win the vote, the Dems even said that. The entire corruption machine that everyone is protesting against was always going to keep Thaksin's puppet from harm.

Even with the most galring evidence in the world PTP were always going to vote in Thaksin's favour because it is Thaksin who put them in government. The smaller coalition members just follow the crowd as they are nothing really.

This just demonstrates that democracy does not work in Thailand.

The PTP had the chance to redeem themselves and vote against Thaksin, and this would have done a lot towards stopping the protests and allowing them to finish their term. But now..... They ALL have to go.

PTP just blew their last chance.

The people won't like this one bit and this is not going to go down well on the street with tensions at breaking point.

No plan B required. The machine is already in motion and you and you red god can do nothing to stop it.

Suthep is RIGHT...... The system needs a complete overhaul.... Now come on protesters...... time to finish the job.

If Abhisit would say the system needs a complete overhaul, I would take your post more serious but whatever Suthep says has always been rubbish since the 90's.

Suthep should be arrested on the spot and locked away for a few years. Many Democrats are distancing them-self from this clown since yesterday. hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.

An ultimatum should be given to the protesters in the same way to go either home or face the consequences if they don't leave the government buildings within 24 hours. No need to bring in snipers as what Suthep did last time when he was in charge of security. Just get them arrested and jailed should do the job.

PS: Great Job Yingluck, stay in until 2015

Edited by MobileContent

Names and acurate figures of the corruption may have made some difference.....but it's not the "polite" way.....

Total nonsense, they could have had loads of evidence, pictures and bank accounts the whole lot. The MPs are bought and paid for, and will not vote against The Caddies wishes.

This is no surprise whatsoever.

Edited by mrtoad

Well done Yingluck now get governing the country and clear this whistle blowing rabble of numbties out of your capital city the elected parliament has given you its answer to your leadership.

I agree with you and can't understand most of these Thai Visa Members are not willing to accept, that in a democracy the Parliament is deciding and not the brainless mob in the streets

Yingluck is doing a great job with the rice scheme and as first PM she is solving the Flood-problem. Too much time is wasted with stupid discussions about corruption. The former government was not better. And under Taksin Thailand was developing very fast.

She managed to get the Chinese investors into the country and hopefully will proceed to find more interested investors from other countries.

I think you forgot to add the 'Sarcasm' smilie, at the end of your post ? wai2.gif

Did anyone really think, the outcome would be any different?

There is a majority in power and there will not be one honorable man or woman out of that majority that will vote anything but "I am here, I get loads of money, I will stay here!"

It's about power and money and that is it!

Thai democracy is a joke!

You might as well say democracy is a joke. most democracy's work that way. Thailand has a ribust democracy,one of teh most democratic in SEA. It does not need Suthep Thugs-aban to undermine it

Democracy is when a group are voted in by majority to rule for a certain time. This has occurred so now let them rule until next election rather than continual fighting until army takes over - IDIOTS. The ballot speaks for itself - 297 lawmakers voting in her favour and 134 against.

Now move on for christ sake before thecountry is totally ruined. I know so many Thais who think likewise and can see their country in total meltdown

Hooray! At last this post has a few posters that care about Thailand's future instead of regurgitating the nonsense their rich Thasi friends spout in their Bangkok wine bars

Never undeestimate people power.

'People power' is represented by the millions whose representatives voted against the censure bill, not by the couple of hundred thousand lower middle class demonstrators given paid leave by their rich bosses to clog up the arteries of Bangkok and stop kids going to school.

What different would it have made?

Even if Thaksin had skyped-in into the debate and said he's the real PM, PM Yingluck would still have survived the vote with her Pheu Thai party and coalition parties forming a majority.

With "In his special interview with BBC, Chaturon said the Pheu Thai would have to find a way to balance Thaksin's influence over the Cabinet." you may wonder if anyone lied a tiny little white lie about "I'm in charge", or "no one manipulates".

Did anyone really think, the outcome would be any different?

There is a majority in power and there will not be one honorable man or woman out of that majority that will vote anything but "I am here, I get loads of money, I will stay here!"

It's about power and money and that is it!

Thai democracy is a joke!

You might as well say democracy is a joke. most democracy's work that way. Thailand has a ribust democracy,one of teh most democratic in SEA. It does not need Suthep Thugs-aban to undermine it

Democracy is when a group are voted in by majority to rule for a certain time. This has occurred so now let them rule until next election rather than continual fighting until army takes over - IDIOTS.   The ballot speaks for itself - 297 lawmakers voting in her favour and 134 against.

Hooray! At last this post has a few posters that care about Thailand's future instead of regurgitating the nonsense their rich Thasi friends spout in their Bangkok wine bars

Never undeestimate people power.

'People power' is represented by the millions whose representatives voted against the censure bill, not by the couple of hundred thousand lower middle class demonstrators given paid leave by their rich bosses to clog up the arteries of Bangkok and stop kids going to school. 
ahh now its only middle class demonstrators ?different when your thug buddies were shooting and burning Bangkok .Peaceful protests compared to your terrorists friends

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

ahh now its only middle class demonstrators ?different when your thug buddies were shooting and burning Bangkok .Peaceful protests compared to your terrorists friends

Too many quotes. You lost me. Who are the peaceful protestors. 1. The ones who occupied the airport and caused billions in damages. 2. The ones who burned the shopping center. 3. The ones who attacked the German reporter and turned the power to the police station and part of the hospital.

Too many quotes. You lost me. Who are the peaceful protestors. 1. The ones who occupied the airport and caused billions in damages. 2. The ones who burned the shopping center. 3. The ones who attacked the German reporter and turned the power to the police station and part of the hospital.
if you dont know the difference between now and your convicted terrorists pals in 2010 , who the government propose to set free then no more to be said ,go to rajamangala and join their associates.

Edited by kingalfred
  • Like 1

if you dont know the difference between now and your convicted terrorists pals in 2010 , who the government propose to set free then no more to be said ,go to rajamankhala and join their associates.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/684160-the-eight-fold-path-of-tv-humiliation/

Yingluck is really charming.

And she is sooooo good at avoiding all those dirty Democrats' traps.

She must turn the Dems completely crazy Posted Image

charming? Haha,she is protected by numbers and her red thugs.I guess by not answering questions from Parliament with anything other than that "little girl lost"look and by saying "ka" to any question from journalists amounts to "charm" for the PTP Tvers

• Like 1

charming? Haha,she is protected by numbers and her red thugs.I guess by not answering questions from Parliament with anything other than that "little girl lost"look and by saying "ka" to any question from journalists amounts to "charm" for the PTP Tvers

They are easily impressed.

• Like 1

They are easily impressed.

Still...compared to Suthep who is barking his hate and playing dirty tricks all the time... I find Yingluck very charming :)

And why should she lose time answering tricky questions? Whatever her answer would be, it would be used by the Dems to launch another attack. She is very smart and avoids to fall in the Dems' traps.

Not only charming. Also very smart.

The Dems are getting crazy because they cannot corner her and put her at fault.

It makes several posters here crazy too it seems :)

Sent from my iPhone...

• Like 1

Posts like this will surely lead to what could be called "coniptions" amongst the ranks of those here less enamoured of our elected Prime Minister.

Glasses will be thrown, curses shouted, it is possible several dogs will have been kicked.

Have you no shame sir?

PM Yingluck wins yet another election by a landslide...yay! Democrats and your ilk: elections have consequences, you lost, get over it...grow up!!!

Actually I think if an election was held now it would be a hung parliament, which would give the minor parties the balance of power. No wouldn't that be interesting.

Edited by waza

Neither the tablets for little kids, nor the high speed trains make any sense. Almost forgot the flood control managing director! The floods are under control.

Speed boats with drivers on speed pushed the water away, while yellow submarines did a good job unseen. Thais don't need more rubbish. No confidence.-coffee1.gif

Edited by sirchai