webfact

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The author is barely out of highschool.

In 2003, Jesse graduated from Hauppauge High School one-year early to continue his self-education in the fields of finance and economics, and to begin publicly warning about the U.S. housing and credit bubble that he had noticed developing.

What pray tell does a high school senior notice developing that is worth the world reading about?

So 10 years is "Barely" and a warning of the global financial crisis wasn't worth reading.

Let me see if I've got this right. One group ( a minority) closes the international airport and occupies Government House for weeks - nobody goes to jail

The other group rallies in the streets and people get killed - and several of the targets are tried and jailed.

Now, just imagine a disaffected political group in the U.S. taking over the halls of Congress and closing Los Angeles Airport (LAX). Well, we all know that answer to that one don't we?

I think you forgot the part about the "other group" using grenade launchers and other weapons, blocking Bangkok's commercial center for two MONTHS, and burning down several large buildings.

As for a "disaffected group" in the US taking over the halls of Congress; they're called the Tea Party and they already shut down the US government and threatened to bring down the whole US economy over the debt ceiling just a month or so ago.

I don't know which is more dysfunctional - US or Thai politics.

I have often wondered about that myself. No one in the government is really saying where the money is going to be

borrowed from. Who in their right mind would loan money to a government on the verge of collapse ?? Am thinking

maybe they would have to pledge state assets to secure the money. Two trillion baht times the standard corruption

rake off of 30 % amounts to the tidy sum of 600 billion baht to be divided among the lucky pigs at the trough.

Please link to any financial source that states the government is on the verge of collapse?

I actually agree with you but I don't think anyone in the international press knows.

Where is Luang Ta Maha Bua when you need him sadly in well earned nibbana....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/446366-thailands-luangta-maha-bua-12-ton-gold-donation-to-be-verified-by-guinness-book-as-largest-ever/

The demonstrators tried to get in the hospital?

Read the headline, it is extremely ambiguous in its content.

Use

It's is just like stating ''Bert Brown is not a thief.

Does the statement mean Bert Brown is a paragon of virtue, Bert Brown has been judged innocent of a theft charge or Bert brown has never been caught thieving ?''

Who the F**^^ is Bert Brown. I am for protests but to cut power to a police head quarters is not wise they need to run computers etc.

The author is barely out of highschool.

In 2003, Jesse graduated from Hauppauge High School one-year early to continue his self-education in the fields of finance and economics, and to begin publicly warning about the U.S. housing and credit bubble that he had noticed developing.

What pray tell does a high school senior notice developing that is worth the world reading about?

So 10 years is "Barely" and a warning of the global financial crisis wasn't worth reading.

There are bubbles all over the world where I live in South London house prices have gone up 10% in 1 month alone from already high prices - absolute madness.

Acts of sabotage, occupation of government buildings. Treasonable offences or at least major crime?

Less kid glove responses and more action.

Arrest & detain Suthep for incitement at least and when convicted he can join those seeking amnesty!

Edited by Thailand

erhmm those white shirts on the streets over the last weeks? same as the yellow ones

Erm yes, same as the yellow ones or red ones or blue ones with pinks spots - only white and without spots! And a lot of black shirts with white diamonds on them saying anti-amnesty.

The Chinese will lend out to them knowing that it will be used to buy Chinese equipment anyway....

• Like 1

Suthep and these guys are the same people that destroyed government house and the two airports. Now they are going to destroy these buildings and hurt people that are in the hospital. He needs to be delt with before anyone gets killed. 

I fully agree !

Sent from my iPhone...

Then do something about this Suthep and his gang of Hooligans.

The government leads the biggest gang of hooligans in the country, so just sh$%t up.

Democracy 101, me thinks!

Freedom of speech and all that...

Patients at Police General Hospital affected; Police chief bars protesters entering premises /MCOT

That will be a load of <deleted> too.... Smells like the propaganda machine is working overtime.

Sounds like a load of <deleted> to me too. How come the hospital is affected by cutting the power to police HQ.

At the end of the day there are no bright lights there anyway.

Keystone cops '99% of them' bah.gif

How can they manage to carry out police work without the photocopiers for 5 copies of every document. At least the rubber stamps are still "manual" type.

I suppose it is lucky that the Royal Thai Police never bothered to use the computers yet.

I think we can all agree that in every human endeavour corruption is endemic. In the United States, every member of Congress had been the recipient of hundreds of thousands of dollars in election funds. This money doesn't come with no strings attached. As some say, why would any man pay millions of dollars to gain a position that pays less than $200K a year?

Someone once said each Congressman should wear a NASCAR uniform so the voters could set what corporations, it had bought them off. The point is it's unfair to say the Thai political system is any more corrupt than the US, Japan, or the United Kingdom. The point is; the Thai elites just can't swallow the reality that the unwashed and ignored poor cannot be ignored anymore. Bangkok for decades has had the means to ease the pain of the poor in rural areas - especially the Isan. But rather than build water systems and support systems for the rural poor, they built temples to greed and extravagance in Bangkok. Hotels; Malls; advanced rail systems, and all the necessary infrastructure.

Disparity of income is at historically skewed in the US, but changing the government by extra-constitutional means is a crime against all Thais. Create a fair and unstratified society and leaders like (we know who) would never have come to power.

• Like 1

Patients at Police General Hospital affected; Police chief bars protesters entering premises /MCOT

That will be a load of <deleted> too.... Smells like the propaganda machine is working overtime.

Sounds like a load of <deleted> to me too. How come the hospital is affected by cutting the power to police HQ.

At the end of the day there are no bright lights there anyway.

Keystone cops '99% of them' bah.gif

Dunno what you are talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZuILnpo5GI&feature=share

Shorter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fre8csbo1U8

Let me see if I've got this right. One group ( a minority) closes the international airport and occupies Government House for weeks - nobody goes to jail

The other group rallies in the streets and people get killed - and several of the targets are tried and jailed.

Now, just imagine a disaffected political group in the U.S. taking over the halls of Congress and closing Los Angeles Airport (LAX). Well, we all know that answer to that one don't we?

Now just imagine a pack of thieving hyenas like the Shinawatra pack buying their way into power and running the USA government. The President and Grand Poo-Bah of this rotten so-called government is deposed in a coup, all his past crimes and sins catch up with him and he cowardly does a runner rather than face court in the USA. The rotten to the core government renews his passport and delivers it to him while he is on the run in "self imposed exile".

Eventually he puts his sister, who has ZERO political experience into place as the puppet President while he illegally runs the government from his penthouse in Dubai.

His puppet sister and the pathetic excuse for a government then try their hardest to send the USA broke by any means possible right under everyone's noses, and treats the public with contempt.

After a while, even the people whose votes were "bought" wake up to the scams this disgusting government is pulling, and rebels.

Just try to imagine that happening. I think we all know what would happen, don't we ? whistling.gif

I think we can all agree that in every human endeavour corruption is endemic. In the United States, every member of Congress had been the recipient of hundreds of thousands of dollars in election funds. This money doesn't come with no strings attached. As some say, why would any man pay millions of dollars to gain a position that pays less than $200K a year?

Someone once said each Congressman should wear a NASCAR uniform so the voters could set what corporations, it had bought them off. The point is it's unfair to say the Thai political system is any more corrupt than the US, Japan, or the United Kingdom. The point is; the Thai elites just can't swallow the reality that the unwashed and ignored poor cannot be ignored anymore. Bangkok for decades has had the means to ease the pain of the poor in rural areas - especially the Isan. But rather than build water systems and support systems for the rural poor, they built temples to greed and extravagance in Bangkok. Hotels; Malls; advanced rail systems, and all the necessary infrastructure.

Disparity of income is at historically skewed in the US, but changing the government by extra-constitutional means is a crime against all Thais. Create a fair and unstratified society and leaders like (we know who) would never have come to power.

The American system is very open to corruption, but it is a lot less so for say the British system, where funding are raised at a party level, not an individual (and thus less open to direct control and favour trading ); and there are both a low maximum of donations and a requirement to publish all donations over a thousand pounds (accumulative). Besides, because one or even most (in your view) currently have poor election procedures is no excuse or reason for its continuance here.

Protesters cut electricity at Police HQ, patients at Police General Hospital affected; Police chief bars protesters entering premises /MCOT

This sounds like the move of a Communist terrorist group or something, to cut off the Police HQ, and actually endanger the lives of inocent hospital patiens is inexuseable

For all those Thaksinistas on here who are all too quick to call the peaceful flower giving protesters a status as brutal thugs and criminals. Ought to read this little gem.

Three anti-government protesters were injured in Pathum Thani Thursday when their group was confronted by local red-shirt people, leading to a clash.

The group of 100 protesters was marching to rally at the Pathum Thani City Hall at 2:30 pm when some 300 protesters rushed to them in an apparent intimidating manner.

Initially, some 300 policemen at the scene managed to prevent the red shirts from attacking the protesters. But after two sides dispersed in small groups, a group of protesters was attacked by another group of red shirts, causing three protesters to be injured.

The Nation.

But there is a much more detailed report in the Bangkok Post but I am not allowed to post anything here on that. But I suggest you go and read it.

So the real thugs have started their action... They do not know the meaning of the word 'peaceful'. They dragged three people out of their pickup after trashing it, and beat them senseless including a 56 year old man and a 44 year old woman and that was instigated by a red shirt leader (Wuthipong Kachatham).

So who are the thugs now??

You ask "Who are the thugs now?" Uhm, both sides has plenty of thugs and perhaps those that blindly defend them.

-----

Thai opposition protesters attack govt supporters:

BANGKOK, November 30, 2013 (AFP) - Dozens of Thai opposition rioters attacked a bus filled with government supporters on Saturday, as tensions erupted over rallies aimed at toppling premier Yingluck Shinawatra.

Protesters cut electricity at Police HQ, patients at Police General Hospital affected; Police chief bars protesters entering premises /MCOT

This sounds like the move of a Communist terrorist group or something, to cut off the Police HQ, and actually endanger the lives of inocent hospital patiens is inexuseable

Wow, definitely poor foresight, at best, to cut power to a hospital. That is very bad. Screwing with police is just asking for violence . . . kind of like suicide by cop and then using that to condemn the cops.

Can someone explain how the protesters are able to cut electricity to buildings so easily?

Theres 2 possibilities...

1. it got wet

2. a technician was working on it and accidentally did something wrong.

That also goes for any Internet connection