Thai protesters cut power to police headquarters

webfact

What democracy?

There was elections right?

the Yingluck government won right?

Like it or not the Democrats are far more less democratics than the Yingluck government.

Occupy buildings and asking for the army to make a coup is worse than buying votes, as both sides do this.

You can yell or complain the yellow movment is just an enormous joke who want to get rid of elections and have an appointed bureau.

who are he worse then?

And you ignore the vote buying and the fact that the PTP basically destroy the base of democracy (separation of power)

H90.........wake up, this is Thailand, all politicans and parties buy their way, that's how it is in Thailand.

On Koh Samui not so long ago a candidate for the mayoral elections was demanding a recount. Apparently she only got 14000 votes but had paid for 20000............makes anyone but a Thai cry with laughter !

Bye the way, she was not a redshirt, coming from the south guess who she supports ?

So do I understand you right? The full scale vote buying of the Shinawatras is OK, because a candidate for mayoral elections on an island did the same?

So now you only need to explain me why separation of power isn't important.

• Like 1

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He(thaksin)is adored by many of the country's rural and urban working class but hated by many southerners, middle-class Thais and the Bangkok elite which equates to rich(southerners + middle class + bkk elite) vs poor(rural + blue collar). This isn't about thaksin, its about class warfare. At least thats what they want you to believe. Its actually about power and the abuse thereof.

• Like 1

Its already been confirmed by the hospital director that power to the main hospital was not cut - a forensic lab had its power cut and is running on generators - but not the main hospital. They also have generators ready. A policeman was slightly hurt, cut forehead; looks like he cut his head on the razor wire while trying to deflect the cutting of the cables - not details on that yet other than pictures of his cut eyebrow.

He cut himself on their own razor wire? So not at all the demonstrators fault, right?

Not sure how accurate that is yet - and I guess it could be said that he wouldn't have if the demonstrators hadn't been there. I am sure at the end of the day there will be 3 dozen explanations of what happened to him (but it certainly looks like a wire cut - so could be some credence in that).

BaJNhCCCcAALmkB.jpg

Is this guy a real police or a red shirt guard in police uniform? Very well equipped except that he cut his forehead on the razor wire while rolling them out.....wasn't trained to do it probably.

Its already been confirmed by the hospital director that power to the main hospital was not cut - a forensic lab had its power cut and is running on generators - but not the main hospital. They also have generators ready. A policeman was slightly hurt, cut forehead; looks like he cut his head on the razor wire while trying to deflect the cutting of the cables - not details on that yet other than pictures of his cut eyebrow.

He cut himself on their own razor wire? So not at all the demonstrators fault, right?

Not sure how accurate that is yet - and I guess it could be said that he wouldn't have if the demonstrators hadn't been there. I am sure at the end of the day there will be 3 dozen explanations of what happened to him (but it certainly looks like a wire cut - so could be some credence in that).

BaJNhCCCcAALmkB.jpg

Is this guy a real police or a red shirt guard in police uniform? Very well equipped except that he cut his forehead on the razor wire while rolling them out.....wasn't trained to do it probably.

apologies to mods, got personal on this topic. used to be in some kind of law inforcement and took it personal. ur warning was deserved. got carried away. lesson learned.

Interesting move. A bit like walking up to a wolf, hitting him on the nose, and then seeing what he does.

To anyone who has been in Thailand for a while, the " police" are the biggest laughing stock here,

so this story is sort of funny in that they cannot protect their own headquarters. Guess they will have

to be counting their days corruption money take by flash light...cheesy.gif

• Like 1

BaJNhCCCcAALmkB.jpg

He was a real policeman form the HQ - he didn't get injured in rolling out the wire, but in trying to stop the demonstrators cutting overhead power lines, which were directly above the razor wire. All in all a brave fellow doing his duty without violence - he should not be dissed for that. Cutting the power lines is criminal damage and bloody dangerous too - if he stood back and watched he would and should be chastised (unless under orders to do just that), but he didn't, so he deserves no snide comments from us.

• Like 2

Interesting move. A bit like walking up to a wolf, hitting him on the nose, and then seeing what he does.

To anyone who has been in Thailand for a while, the " police" are the biggest laughing stock here,

so this story is sort of funny in that they cannot protect their own headquarters. Guess they will have

to be counting their days corruption money take by flash light...cheesy.gif

I would suggest they were ordered to not do anything, but keep demonstrators out of the hospital and HQ, which they did. It must take a lot of courage and control to see those masses coming at you, while you wear a 45 on your hip, and not being allowed to do more than stand your ground.

• Like 1

Then do something about this Suthep and his gang of Hooligans.

Sure he's one of many queuing up for a slice of the 2 Ttrill loan

I'm just wondering who the hell would lend this bunch of clowns 2 trillion, particularly when they must know where a lot of it will end up?

I'm just wondering who the hell would lend this bunch of clowns 2 trillion, particularly when they must know where a lot of it will end up?

I have often wondered about that myself. No one in the government is really saying where the money is going to be

borrowed from. Who in their right mind would loan money to a government on the verge of collapse ?? Am thinking

maybe they would have to pledge state assets to secure the money. Two trillion baht times the standard corruption

rake off of 30 % amounts to the tidy sum of 600 billion baht to be divided among the lucky pigs at the trough.

erhmm those white shirts on the streets over the last weeks? same as the yellow ones

Erm yes, same as the yellow ones or red ones or blue ones with pinks spots - only white and without spots! And a lot of black shirts with white diamonds on them saying anti-amnesty.

NO! its Sutheps mob of sheep that are occupying buildings. He is the instigator of this unrest so he should be put in jail.

Fortunately, the real sheep are penned up in Rajamangala stadium with good grazing. Meanwhile the wolves are baying at the government offices throughout Bangkok and the Kingdom.

Let us hope Little Poo Peep can control her flock.

Well she has more than one crook to help her.

Little Bo Peep has lost her sheep

And doesn't know where to find them

Leave them alone and they'll' go home

Dragging their tails behind them.

I have often wondered about that myself. No one in the government is really saying where the money is going to be

borrowed from. Who in their right mind would loan money to a government on the verge of collapse ?? Am thinking

maybe they would have to pledge state assets to secure the money. Two trillion baht times the standard corruption

rake off of 30 % amounts to the tidy sum of 600 billion baht to be divided among the lucky pigs at the trough.

Please link to any financial source that states the government is on the verge of collapse?

I actually agree with you but I don't think anyone in the international press knows.

They would not be loaning a government, but a country - with a good GDP and fairly good rating - and 2,000,000,000 is less than the UK bailed out the banks with the first hit. They will get the loan, but the country will be stuck with repayments for the next 30+ years.

• Like 1

Please link to any financial source that states the government is on the verge of collapse?

I actually agree with you but I don't think anyone in the international press knows.

whistling.gif http://www.forbes.com/sites/jessecolombo/2013/11/04/thailands-bubble-economy-is-heading-for-a-1997-style-crash/ whistling.gif

Be sure and read all three pages.

Edited by Thainy Tim

For all those Thaksinistas on here who are all too quick to call the peaceful flower giving protesters a status as brutal thugs and criminals. Ought to read this little gem.

Three anti-government protesters were injured in Pathum Thani Thursday when their group was confronted by local red-shirt people, leading to a clash.

The group of 100 protesters was marching to rally at the Pathum Thani City Hall at 2:30 pm when some 300 protesters rushed to them in an apparent intimidating manner.

Initially, some 300 policemen at the scene managed to prevent the red shirts from attacking the protesters. But after two sides dispersed in small groups, a group of protesters was attacked by another group of red shirts, causing three protesters to be injured.

The Nation.

But there is a much more detailed report in the Bangkok Post but I am not allowed to post anything here on that. But I suggest you go and read it.

So the real thugs have started their action... They do not know the meaning of the word 'peaceful'. They dragged three people out of their pickup after trashing it, and beat them senseless including a 56 year old man and a 44 year old woman and that was instigated by a red shirt leader (Wuthipong Kachatham).

So who are the thugs now??

Edited by Thainy Tim

Clearly the Perception Management Professionals are out in some boiler room,

trying to lead us to their bosses chosen points of view. Or at least away from their oppositions.

Don't be fooled, think for your self and don't go imagining a string of similar

short pithy posts are showing a ground swell of sentiment.

So many we haven't seen before are arriving as total experts on the Thai situation!

Wow, it's LIKE MAGIC... not.

• Like 1

I don't have a dog in this fight, but it strikes me as a little strange that the sister of deposed Thaksin was even considered for public office.

She was only chosen because his brother Payup is even more incompetent, his sister Yaowapha was banned, and his son Oak is ... well he's Oak, so his non-selection was a given.

• Like 1

The comments here are always funny cause the people who support the Yellow ones would certainly not appreciate the same in their own country.

So now the yellow want to get rid of democracy (even if we all know that every side is corrupted) and the democrats which was not able to win a single election and need the back up of the army are the "good ones" ?

If the democrats wanted to be in charge maybe they should have take care of the voters instead of complaining afterwards.

You are being intentionally over simplistic - you know as well as us (and hence it shows the irrelevance of your post) that the demonstrators are not "Yellows", they are a mix of people - including Reds. There have been many reports of Reds joining the demonstration (even after taking money to go to the stadium). You attempt to make it plainly "must be yellows against the government" fails easily. Also the Dems are not running it - an ex Dem (quit so as not to bring his party along with his own personal decision) is the self-appointed leader - but even that was well after the show had started. Being against this government does not make people "yellow" it simply makes them "not PTP".

not ptp...and wanting an appointed government instead of the results of an election.

you are quite easily twisting it the other way to ;ake your point, but this movment is far from democarcy...

Not only far from democracy. It is a criminal movement.

How can the Dems openly support these criminals and their crazy leader is a mystery whistling.gif

But it seems that the number of protesters is eroding already, thank god. Once Suthep is left alone let the police catch him and send him away for as long as possible in a prison cell thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Patients at Police General Hospital affected; Police chief bars protesters entering premises /MCOT

That will be a load of <deleted> too.... Smells like the propaganda machine is working overtime.

You would know of course.

Everyone that listens or reads the news knows.

Try it sometime.

Taksin was as corrupt as all the previous Prime Ministers but at least he had sympathy for the poor and empowered them.

Read your history my friend and then make an educated guess at the future.

You should read your history to understand the difference between Taksin and Thaksin. wink.png

Once that is understood, you could properly amend your first bit to

Thaksin was as corrupt as all the previous Prime Ministers...put together.

All these protesters taking over government ministries, especially the police headquarters and Department of Special Investigations -- Thailand's equivalent of the FBI, with relative ease and no real resistance, tells me that the government workers are with the protesters and this government has no legs. Just imagine, in London or Washington, the people trying to take over government buildings like that.....wouldn't happen. This has, up to now, been a peaceful revolution.