Stoney Monday founder faces trial in Phuket for B80mn fraud

webfact

maybe a slight flaw in this plan; prior to boarding a mixed 'CIQ' and Domestic flight, CIQ passengers have to clear immigration at Swampy first, hence have already been processed by Immigration, at Phuket they turn left merely to pick up hold luggage. International straight into Phuket have to clear immigration at Phuket first. I may be wrong of course...?

The way I remember is that CIQ pax from incoming international flights into BKK do not clear immigration at BKK. They clear at Phuket.

maybe a slight flaw in this plan; prior to boarding a mixed 'CIQ' and Domestic flight, CIQ passengers have to clear immigration at Swampy first, hence have already been processed by Immigration, at Phuket they turn left merely to pick up hold luggage. International straight into Phuket have to clear immigration at Phuket first. I may be wrong of course...?

The way I remember is that CIQ pax from incoming international flights into BKK do not clear immigration at BKK. They clear at Phuket.

This changed a few years ago, they now clear immigration in Bangkok. Exit is till at the international side of the terminal, I presume because of luggage.

Simple never trust a middle aged man with a pirate style gold earring.

First impressions count and its been out of fashion since early 90's that the third charge by the style police.

Perhaps you might consider working for Thai Immigration. With your qualifications, you can expand your horizons to decide who is worthy for entry into the Kingdom based on looks as the criteria.

" Let and Let Live"

+1

Judging a book by its cover is the work of fools.."Shakyspear"

Edited by andreandre

the thai's and aussie's a match made in heaven for scam artist. guest it is just in the DNA

What do you mean by that? There is something special in one's DNA to be a scam artist and a combination of Thai and Australian is more likely to scam?

What nationalities have you been scammed by?

Check the use of the possessive in your English BTW

the thai's and aussie's a match made in heaven for scam artist. guest it is just in the DNA

Where are you from Bob?

going by his avatar name I would say he personally knows a thing or two about scamming.

"Bitcoin's association with criminal activities has historically hindered the currency from attaining widespread, mainstream use and has attracted the attention of financial regulators, legislative bodies, and law enforcement" - Wikipidia quote

You deduced that from a mere avatar name? You are a very unique person.

hey, he was taking the piss against my Thai and Aussie friends. Cannot let him get away with that without giving a bit back.

How can he re-enter Thailand when there is an arrest warrant out on him?

Why was he not arrested in 2011, when another arrest warrant was issued?

Depends whether the entry point had a working and up to date computer system. No doubt there are less sophisticated entry points.

I always figured Phuket would be the best place if you wanted to make illegal entry. Arrive on a flight with mixed "CIQ" and domestic passengers. Peel off your sticker and turn right instead of left. Walk out through domestic arrivals area unchecked.

Yes, I have often thought the same.

Many crimes are not taken seriously but Immigration violation seems to be a crime that is. If he did not have an Entry Stamp in his Passport I think he would have problems.

How can he re-enter Thailand when there is an arrest warrant out on him?

Why was he not arrested in 2011, when another arrest warrant was issued?

Depends whether the entry point had a working and up to date computer system. No doubt there are less sophisticated entry points.

Which is perfect for the sophisticated criminal, going to a less sophisticated, and highly corrupt country.

Investors that fail to do thorough research, to include background checks, run the risk of completing the criminal + victim = crime equation. I don't know what sort of precautions the investors did in this case, but it certainly serves as a warning to all.

As for the bash, "...going to a less sophisticated and highly corrupt country". Bernie Madhoff comes to mind. No country is immune to criminal conduct, regards of the slant one attempts to put on the story. I will concede that countries which have less sophisticated systems may be more susceptible to crimes such as this, but it's hardly unique based on location alone.

"Investors that fail to do thorough research" - a foreigner can not own land in Thailand and Thailand is a 3rd World Country - that's enough "thorough research" for me not to invest in property here, but each to their own. smile.png

"As for the bash, "...going to a less sophisticated and highly corrupt country". Bernie Madhoff comes to mind." - ummm, Bernie Madoff was sentenced to 150 years and is still in prison.

This guy's wife was sentenced to 2 years prison, but was released on a good behaviour bond.

Why do you think that was the case???? Do you see the difference????

Edited by NamKangMan

"Investors that fail to do thorough research" - a foreigner can not own land in Thailand and Thailand is a 3rd World Country - that's enough "thorough research" for me not to invest in property here, but each to their own. smile.png

"As for the bash, "...going to a less sophisticated and highly corrupt country". Bernie Madhoff comes to mind." - ummm, Bernie Madoff was sentenced to 150 years and is still in prison.

This guy's wife was sentenced to 2 years prison, but was released on a good behaviour bond.

Because she had nothing to do with the scam, she was just a name on the paperwork.

Because she had nothing to do with the scam, she was just a name on the paperwork.

Are you seriously suggesting she never received proceeds of the crime/s????

If she had nothing to do with it, why was she arrested, charged and sentenced????

Edited by NamKangMan

If she had nothing to do with it, why was she arrested, charged and sentenced????

Because she was not involved with the scam, just a name on the paperwork.

Why am I repeating myself here? If you could please just read that would be helpful.

When you are in a foriegn country, BEWARE OF YOUR OWN ! The thais may charge you 50 Bht for a 10 Bht taxi fare, but it will be one of your own who is waiting patiently in the shadows scheming how to get hold of your life savings, every time smile.png

There are Westerners who try to gain footholds in Thailand via the back door, property and land speculation believing they are going to get rich quick by buying into the most desirable property areas of Thailand, wheeling and dealing in land and property using dodgy companies, or other farang owned dodgy companies and upfront Thai names to conduct their businesses.

Rell Hayes, or more apt to call him, Hell Hayes, has seen the potential of these mugs willing to gamble and invest millions as background dealers in real estate as ripe victims for extortion and theft.

Under Thai law I very much doubt that those who have lost huge amounts of money by using and trusting in Mr Hayes companies will have a legal means to claw any of their money back.

I guess this is just the tip of the iceberg, as I wonder how many more of these shady companies are operating in Thailand run by similar characters like Rell Hayes?

This is something that could be compared with the pyramid scams, and the acme finance companies money investment scam, invest with us and you will be rewarded with huge returns on your investments. These so-called property investors took the gamble and they lost, dealing with thieves, cut-throats and scoundrels, because I guess that Rel Hayes was not operating a lone.

Why am I repeating myself here? If you could please just read that would be helpful.

My questions still stand, or do you think her name was on the paperwork for free, especially since she knew it was being used to commit a crime. cheesy.gif

Edited by NamKangMan

The so-called wife in this case was involved with these scams.

Even if she claims to have been involved all in good faith, ignorance is not a defence of innocence under the law.

By placing her name on the official paperwork she is a conspirator of a criminal act. Thais that aid foreigners in illegal activities under Thai law, whether it be using their names, or their services are equality as guilty and could be assumed to be even more guilty in some cases. This pertains in all cases of Western financially backed land, property and business ownerships in Thailand.

And you know this how? rolleyes.gif

My questions still stand, or do you think her name was on the paperwork for free, especially since she knew it was being used to commit a crime. cheesy.gif

Just read my answer, I answered your question already.

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

same for CM

I used to do business with these people when they had their Patong outfit.

They had a model of the Phang-Nga Resort they were going to build and were taking investments (donations) while "construction was underway".

And then yes, they slithered off.

But I think old boy is in the clear, a good lawyer is going to say all is/was in the wife's name and she's already done her time AKA, paid the right people.

So, are you saying she was the victim of a miscarriage of justice? :) :)

So, are you saying she was the victim of a miscarriage of justice? smile.pngsmile.png

No, that is not what I am saying, please read my answer. End of story from me to you.

So, are you saying she was the victim of a miscarriage of justice? smile.pngsmile.png

No, that is not what I am saying, please read my answer. End of story from me to you.

You didn't answer, you only made coimment.

Thank god for Karma, this despicable person is finally getting what he deserves, after fleecing his friends of their life savings and then leaving Thailand with not an ounce of guilt, then starts the same in Bali, then has the cheek to come back to Thailand and start to cheat people once again. He has made a very good business of ruining peoples lives, many of them his friends ( or so they thought ). Hope he never gets to see daylight again. Disgusting excuse for a human being.

The development was going great until the Government went under in 06.

A lot of money was paid for condos off the plans...A lot of local heavies were paid off..

Despite that...the military running the country just made it too hard to continue with construction.

Not all blame on Mr Hayes, but he did lead an extravagant lifestyle on OPM.

(other peoples money).

The development was going great until the Government went under in 06.

A lot of money was paid for condos off the plans...A lot of local heavies were paid off..

Despite that...the military running the country just made it too hard to continue with construction.

Not all blame on Mr Hayes, but he did lead an extravagant lifestyle on OPM.

(other peoples money).

So you're blaming the coup for him running away with the money. That's really cheap, and a really ludicrous excuse.

BTW, heavies don't have to be paid off if you act within the law. And that may have been the problem.

I agree with some of these posts about people trying to get rich quick, but unfortunately my son thought this disgusting person (Rell) was his friend and convinced him to invest in his project, for which he would get a small return. My son is married to a lovely Thai lady and they had hoped to buy a home with the money when it was returned. He was not a big investor but as we all now know , this person was a con artist not a friend and we have all found out the hard way. He will not stop, he ran from the law in Thailand and started to do the same thing in Bali. He then had the cheek to return to Thailand and start the same thing over again. I hope the courts deal with him harshly, there are several investors who have hunted him for years till he was found. As for the wife, WIFE ?????????????? don't know when she came into the picture, we have had the misfortune of knowing him for about 8 years and this is news to me that there is a wife.

I agree with some of these posts about people trying to get rich quick, but unfortunately my son thought this disgusting person (Rell) was his friend and convinced him to invest in his project, for which he would get a small return. My son is married to a lovely Thai lady and they had hoped to buy a home with the money when it was returned. He was not a big investor but as we all now know , this person was a con artist not a friend and we have all found out the hard way. He will not stop, he ran from the law in Thailand and started to do the same thing in Bali. He then had the cheek to return to Thailand and start the same thing over again. I hope the courts deal with him harshly, there are several investors who have hunted him for years till he was found. As for the wife, WIFE ?????????????? don't know when she came into the picture, we have had the misfortune of knowing him for about 8 years and this is news to me that there is a wife.

Dont think the coup had to much to do with it, just mis managed by a greedy deceitful person who always has presumed he was above the law. What has had me baffled the whole way through this sorry saga is that he was given millions by different people and was never accountable to anyone, making it very easy for him to spend their money. After the Elite development went down , he then said as a act of good faith !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everyone would get shares in the land, now that has been sold to goodness knows who. Does anone know when he is due to appear in court, cant find out any info from Australia.

They had a model of the Phang-Nga Resort they were going to build and were taking investments (donations) while "construction was underway".

But I think old boy is in the clear, a good lawyer is going to say all is/was in the wife's name and she's already done her time AKA, paid the right people.

I certainly hope you are wrong about him, he deserves to rot in jail, if the lawyers argue this then why was the wife not dealt with more harshly, as we are talking about millions of dollars being stolen here. Was the wife in charge of the time share racket in Bali that he has also run away from.

I certainly hope you are wrong about him, he deserves to rot in jail, if the lawyers argue this then why was the wife not dealt with more harshly, as we are talking about millions of dollars being stolen here. Was the wife in charge of the time share racket in Bali that he has also run away from.

Hi Maureen,

remember in "The Wizard of Oz" when Dorothy says to Toto "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore"?

Welcome to Thailand.

There was no wifes name on our contract just Rell Hayes,