Looking for a partner in a herb's processing operation

Surely that kind of thing wouldn't be that capital intensive? Why do you need a partner at all?

First step:

I need a BUYER of WILD rare herbs for processing with the disposition to get into WILD areas of the country. Not money investment required, but a lot of driving around may be necessary. Good Thai language a must. I do not speak Thai. Compensation: Commission or difference between my buying price and your buying price.

Second step after completing the first step:

If interested, and with a small investment, get into processing and export.

My contribution: I already have a contract with a foreign company buying 5.000 Kg/month...if I got the right price.

You do have a work permit I presume so that this would be a legal venture?

Yes. I am a share holder on a Thai Limited Partnership with my Thai wife an others...and already have my WP in process.

Edited by umbanda

You do have a work permit I presume so that this would be a legal venture?

Yes. I am a share holder on a Thai Limited Partnership with my Thai wife an others...and already have my WP in process.

In process is not the same as having.

maybe ask if anyone in the farming forum has any ideas / or (thai) friends who can help

maybe also get your wife (or some staff) to post details on relevant thai language forums

I did....and I had some contact with Thai people. This "job" can be very easy or not and very much time consuming or not.....sometimes depending in just luck...and it is not salary offering....By my experience..Thai people are the kind of "now people".....rarely investing time an effort looking at "future", even if the future can be very lucrative.....Well...sometimes happens with foreigners too....Not everybody is an entrepreneur...

maybe ask if anyone in the farming forum has any ideas / or (thai) friends who can help

maybe also get your wife (or some staff) to post details on relevant thai language forums

I did....and I had some contact with Thai people. This "job" can be very easy or not and very much time consuming or not.....sometimes depending in just luck...and it is not salary offering....By my experience..Thai people are the kind of "now people".....rarely investing time an effort looking at "future", even if the future can be very lucrative.....Well...sometimes happens with foreigners too....Not everybody is an entrepreneur...

all very true - it will not be easy to find someone willing to do the hard work required for the promise of future benefit

in the end you might have to just get on your bike (actually on a tandem with your wife) and do the hard work yourself

all very true - it will not be easy to find someone willing to do the hard work required for the promise of future benefit

in the end you might have to just get on your bike (actually on a tandem with your wife) and do the hard work yourself

Do you know how many millions people work in America "by commission only" ?....starting with all the real estate agents and use car sales people....some of them are millionaires now.....

Do you know how many millions people work in America "by commission only" ?....starting with all the real estate agents and use car sales people....some of them are millionaires now.....

americans tend to be harder working and more ambitious (and apply a much lower discount factor to future money) compared to thais, but even if america, asking complete strangers to help you with a new start-up venture (without any guaranteed compensation) would be tricky (and in thailand this will be nearly impossible)

better you and your wife at least make a start and figure out a standard procedure to follow - then hire some thais (on a very low salary compared to america) to follow that standard procedure - by offering a salary plus small bonus, you will be able to incentivize them and (in the medium-long run) keep more value for yourself