Bad Idea For Pattaya

gk10002000

After my second trip to Phuket, I have to say I saw one of the worst bar game ideas that I sincerely hope and pray never makes it to Pattaya. I am talking about the metal hammer and nail game where you take turns swinging the hammer trying to knock the nails into the large piece of wood. Metal hammers, nails, drunks? Geez!

Edited by gk10002000

The concept sound like a recipe for disaster. Whack a mole probably a saner option. at least when your 3 sheets to the wind you don't have a real hammer in your hand if someone grates on your nerves! Besides pounding nails in the U.S. For many years working after work for free sounds like a stupid idea to me. I would rather play darts with plastic tips(for the same reason as the hammer in hand) or dice or whatever.

OP, since this seems to be some new game to you.

Where you're from, do they have color tv already ?biggrin.png

What's a TV? A transvetite?

I am a bit of an anachronism. My cell phone is a vintage 2004 model. No camera. No Wifi. Just basic voice and text. I grew up with black and white TV with just three network channels and on good rabbit ear reception days could get one or two UHF channels out of Boston. I remember we were one of the first on the block to get a push button phone in the house replacing our rotary dial phone. My friend's summer house in New Hampshire had a party line up until 1992! Two long one short was his "number". Somehow we survived.

• Like 1

I have been coming to Thailand since 2004, but never saw the game in Pattaya. I was supposed to go to Phuket back in 2004 and would have been there during the Tsunami, but by chance my friends changed the reservations at the last minute to Ko Samet, an easier trip from Pattaya.

I have been coming to Thailand since 2004, but never saw the game in Pattaya. I was supposed to go to Phuket back in 2004 and would have been there during the Tsunami, but by chance my friends changed the reservations at the last minute to Ko Samet, an easier trip from Pattaya.

To be honest, I recall playing this game in my favorite bar on Third road in the mid nineties. At that time 3rd road was still a small 2 lane road, and the north bound part didn't exist yet.