Expat Auto chiang Mai

mja1906

Any experiences out there buying from Expat Auto CM? I'm looking for a used Toyota Sports Rider. I wonder if buying from Expat Auto compared to a large Thai car tent, means I can feel more assured about quality of car etc. as they inspect+repair the car, I guess to 'farang' standards??

I sort of hear what you are asking but motors nowadays take a lot of abuse, so if you get it checked out by a competent person if you cannot do yourself, or get it checked out by a company that you can instruct to carry out a full inspection.

The history of the motor is sometime kept with Toyota although this is not always helpful.

Personally I wouldn't buy anything from an expat.

Especially if the car was rented under any form to an expat. There is an expat in my company who trashes his rental cars. Does not care in the least of its state, drives as though he is Thai or Chinese... in short lets the car suffer.

After less than a year, his car is losing all its plastics, and in general is aging badly. Of late, he blasted his two back lights by reversing into a wall. :D

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Expat Auto have a good reputation in Chiang Mai.

They do perform a thorough inspection, and repair when necessary, on the vehicles they sell.

I have not bought from them, but I did sell a car through them. They gave it a thorough checking before they would list it, and a few minor repairs.

They also handle all the paperwork very promptly.

Probably more honest than the usual Thai tent owner.

Personally I wouldn't buy anything from an expat.

Especially if the car was rented under any form to an expat. There is an expat in my company who trashes his rental cars. Does not care in the least of its state, drives as though he is Thai or Chinese... in short lets the car suffer.

After less than a year, his car is losing all its plastics, and in general is aging badly. Of late, he blasted his two back lights by reversing into a wall. biggrin.png

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

555 Where I come from they say "drive it like you stole it."