Coffee Filter Holders - where in Chiang Mai?

FolkGuitar

My wife wants one of these plastic or ceramic coffee filter paper holders that fit over a mug or small pot, and I haven't been able to locate one so far.

I've looked in Starbucks, Central, Tessco Lotus, Doi Chang. Everyone is selling the paper filters, but not the holders. (TIT) I'll probably look in Big C, HomePro, Central Festival, and Makro tomorrow.

Have you seen one of these in the area?

post-38451-0-93376700-1385814538_thumb.j

They used to have them in Daiso.

Thanks. That's on the list for tomorrow as well. Very common in Japan, so a Japanese chain 100Yen shop might be a good place to look!

Tops in kad suan keaw have them.

Perhaps they 'had' them. But as of yesterday neither Tops nor the kitchen dept on the third floor had them.

Can't think of the name of the shop but if you go to Rimping, Airport branch, there is a little Cheap- shop near the Wine Shop where they sell the Plastic Filter-holders for about 65 Baht as well as the paper filters to go inside of them.

Try HIllkoff: http://www.hillkoff.com/?lang=en

They have everything for coffee lovers and coffee houses. Their coffee is the best I've had and you can choose from 13 different ways to have it ground. Dare I say you will thank me for this IF you're a coffee lover.

- jij

Thanks for the link. Did you actually see these either in the shop or in their web page?

Can't think of the name of the shop but if you go to Rimping, Airport branch, there is a little Cheap- shop near the Wine Shop where they sell the Plastic Filter-holders for about 65 Baht as well as the paper filters to go inside of them.

That sounds like a good possibility. We'll add this place to today's list! Thanks.

Rimping

The staff in Rimping near Airport Plaza looked at me like I had two heads when I asked for one. Not being fluent, I brought a photo of the filter holder to show. Having been here long enough to know the score, after they told me there was no such product I went looking on the shelves. Couldn't find it. Perhaps it exists in a different Rimping. We're going to try several more places today.

I made a temporary one that she is using so there is no major crisis looming on the horizon should we have to order one from outside the Kingdom, but it would be nice to find one locally.

Edited by FolkGuitar

Although the Daiso next to Rimping (near Airport Plaza) didn't have them, the Daiso inside the new Central Fesival Mall did. In exactly the size my wife wanted. Most fortunate as the new and well stocked market downstairs only had the paper filters but no holders. Same with Central Department store. But, as I said, Daiso came through, so thanks one and all for your suggestions.