Scam on Ford Ranger 3.2 l diesel

Tmymaimee

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The last thing I have heared from a dealer, is that Ford has "problems" with the automatic gearbox for the 3.2. Read well: I HAVE HEARED

Thanx, we hear you! Now, we can see whether or not this will be verified by other posts. thumbsup.gif

Dealer called…all ready to go for this Saturday. 9 months from order to sale. Next comes the lift kit, BF Goodrich tires and hardened bumpers to take care of the scooter flies.smile.png

Congratulations intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi Santa's special delivery to you!

A nice holiday present!

Will be looking for posted updates and pics .... thumbsup.giflaugh.png

Edited by thailoht

Dealer called…all ready to go for this Saturday. 9 months from order to sale. Next comes the lift kit, BF Goodrich tires and hardened bumpers to take care of the scooter flies.smile.png

Will you be selling your stock wheels?...I'll be interested to buy them for the 'dealers' price...;)

My wifes sister ordered a ford ranger last year but each delivery date was put back as her vahicle had been exported according to fords computer , then she was asked for and extra 50k to ''ensure '' her car would not be exported ,, she cancelled her order and bought an Isuzu instead and that was not pattaya it was Ford in Chageongsao

My wifes sister ordered a ford ranger last year but each delivery date was put back as her vahicle had been exported according to fords computer , then she was asked for and extra 50k to ''ensure '' her car would not be exported ,, she cancelled her order and bought an Isuzu instead and that was not pattaya it was Ford in Chageongsao

Shameful if true, but getting more and more believable with all the posts we've seen here lately.

What would be the best English term to describe this type of practice? ransom? blackmail? something else?

Congratulations,

Post some pictures of the lift kit and tires, I'd like to go the same route

Shameful if true, but getting more and more believable with all the posts we've seen here lately.

What would be the best English term to describe this type of practice? ransom? blackmail? something else?

In the UK a car in short supply is worth a 'premium'

USA 'over sticker'

NZ 'over list'

etc,etc

Common all over the world.

It seems TH Franchise Dealers have only just caught on.

The Grey Market Guy's know all about though and often pay UK dealers a premium in order to secure new models early

USA 'over sticker'

NZ 'over list'

etc,etc

The Grey Market Guy's know all about though and often pay UK dealers a premium in order to secure new models early

OK, but are any of these are an accurate description of what's happening here? According to the post above, they agreed on a price with promised delivery date, then several months later "oh sorry, your car got exported, pay us 50K or we'll make sure it happens again" - or words to that effect...

My dictionary pops up with the word "extortion" as an English equiv. for the other Thai word I have in mind to describe it...

Edited by IMHO

USA 'over sticker'

NZ 'over list'

etc,etc

OK, but are any of these are an accurate description of what's happening here? According to the post above, they agreed on a price with promised delivery date, then several months later "oh sorry, your car got exported, pay us 50K or we'll make sure it happens again" - or words to that effect...

My dictionary pops up with the word "extortion" as an English equiv. for the other Thai word I have in mind to describe it...

Yep, that's downright dishonest.

They're welching on deals earlier agreed upon as they know they can squeeze another 50k THB out of the trucks with another buyer.

They're not doing too much for their credibility are they/

Yep, that's downright dishonest.

They're welching on deals earlier agreed upon as they know they can squeeze another 50k THB out of the trucks with another buyer.

They're not doing too much for their credibility are they/

They sure aren't.

If it were me getting this treatment, oh boy, bring on the PR machine... I could almost guarantee at least 2-3 high profile Thai news outlets would run it tomorrow.

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

USA 'over sticker'

NZ 'over list'

etc,etc

Profiteering is a very good text book equiv. thumbsup.gif

You might also want to add the term, 'Price Gouging', to your lexicon.

I wonder which country a " For Thailand" spec built vehicle would get exported to ?

Maybe one that does not advertise them as 5 star NCAP rated.

that crossed my mind when I read it. thai spec vehicles are pretty shit

Saw this 3.2 Ranger at the auto show. Fender flares, Raptor grill, BF A/T tires, aftermarket wheels, front and rear bars and lift kit….all in about 200,000 baht. I think it looks great.

You won't have to worry about other drivers trying to squeeze you ut of your lane with this truck.:)

Saw this 3.2 Ranger at the auto show. Fender flares, Raptor grill, BF A/T tires, aftermarket wheels, front and rear bars and lift kit….all in about 200,000 baht. I think it looks great.

You won't have to worry about other drivers trying to squeeze you ut of your lane with this truck.smile.png

But you will need to carry a battery charger around in your pocket it seems..........whistling.gif ...............smile.png

You won't have to worry about other drivers trying to squeeze you ut of your lane with this truck.:)

post-181691-0-21260900-1387374185_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I called a dealer in BKK.

First all Wildtrak 2.2/3.2L are got up in price 100000THB

and for 50000THB can have quickly.

Pattaya Ford confirmed the price raise.

Backi

What price have you been quoted the correct retail is on there web site. The 3.2 wildtrack is 1,109,000bt

Hello,

Backi

What price have you been quoted the correct retail is on there web site. The 3.2 wildtrack is 1,109,000bt

the price on this website http://www.ford.co.th/en/trucks/new-ranger/models/wildtrak

is 1,099,000

The dealer I phoned want 1,119,000 plus 50000

Hello,

Backi

the price on this website http://www.ford.co.th/en/trucks/new-ranger/models/wildtrak

is 1,099,000

The dealer I phoned want 1,119,000 plus 50000

Well you definitely posted this on the correct thread then..

• Like 1