1 dead, four people shot at Ramkhamhaeng University after clashes

george

The demonstrators want to replace the government with an unelected People's Council. I wonder how long they would hold sway until 'the people' had enough of them and their ways?

I like what my Lao wife has to say about it, "Thai people are clazy. They fighting all the time. I no understand"

Yeah babe, I no understand too!

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Praying for Peace in the Kingdom today.

To many have died already and it is time for the yellow shirts to call off their actions and show their protest at the next election.

Thanks for twisting my comments to serve your own political agenda - sick puppy

What?????????????

I merely said to many people have died and this should be called off. What possible political agenda do I have if I don't want to see anymore people die. How is that sick for wanting to see the end of violence?

You are praying for peace and I was merely agreeing with you not going against you.

The fact that none of these folks are wearing yellow shirts - and your use of the word, show full well which flag you fly - comment stands.

How is this all not just universally labeled "Suthep's fault"? He got what he wanted, and then continued to add fuel to the fire of the protesters. It is obvious that his motive is to cause mayhem/death/chaos in the country.

So, in 2010 it was all Suthep and Abhisit's fault, and now it is again all their fault. I don't think you can have it both ways.

Sent from my phone ...

There would seem to be a common denominator though

And you can't see any other common denominators?

I have always been anti-Thaksin and his partys. I have never been wholly pro-Abhisit and co, but, though I still have a lot of respect for him himself, I am becoming more and more anti-"Democrat" - what they're doing now is hardly any better than what the reds did 3 years ago (there is a small difference - Thaksin appeared on videolink in 2010 telling the people to "turn the country into a sea of flames. Go to your local city hall, and take matters into your own hands." So far I haven't heard Suthep or any of his lot going that far).

So I shall declare myself in despair of this country ever digging itself out of the pit and turning into the successful economy that it has the potential to be.

Actually, does anyone watch Thai PBS? Now if you take the newsreaders, political commentators and producers of that station, and put them together with a selection of the academics that they regularly interview, I reckon we'd have us a bloody good government!

Reports on TV now saying 4 were murdered at University by the red shirts.

Just been watching the news on television. 5 confirmed deaths , 4 of whom are red shirts, from gunfire. No other FACTS yet but the usual mountain of conspiracy theories , blame and counter blame.

All this is so unnecessary . Had Suthep and the Democrats just bided their time Phua Thai would have hung themseves by their own ineptitude and failed policies. As it is, whatever they say, they just come across as being bad losers and pretty desperate ones at that. This will rebound on them to their detriment and regret

Seems 4 were students (see below) - so not Red shirts - plus 2 Red shirts (including that soldier from last night) - plus body in the bus no one has yet identified (even gender I think).

Latest on those deaths ( channel 3 news tonight + BP) Total deaths now 4 ( no mention of bus victim ? )

3 red shirt supports ( the off duty soldier ....confirmed red shirt )

Virojj Khemnak, 43

Visanu Phaophu 26

1 student Thaweesak Phokaew 21

Latest news......students had been circling the stadium during the daytime and had been verbally taunting the redshirts

Come night time they started firing slingshots into the stadium . Redshirts then exchanged gunshots with students and turned in a middle aged man to the police who they claimed had fired shots at them.

All in all pretty confused reporting but hardly surprising given the situation.

• 2 weeks later...

heres some pics of the peacefull redshirts outside the stadium and around Ramkhamhaeng University.........

post-46292-0-98983900-1386787435_thumb.j at the stadium

post-46292-0-12289100-1386787437_thumb.jat the university

post-46292-0-19219100-1386787438_thumb.j looting shops

post-46292-0-13167700-1386787439_thumb.jBIB watching

post-46292-0-07967100-1386787440_thumb.j police guarding them

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The shooter has been arrested, and the gun found.

Sorry in Thai, but Google translate should help.

It turns out the the alleged killer is a Ram Uni student.

Must be a PR nightmare for Suthep, and the Rector of Ram Uni, who claims that their Student are Peaceful and without guns.

http://www.khaosod.co.th/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE56YzJPVEl4TlE9PQ

Must be a PR nightmare for Suthep, and the Rector of Ram Uni, who claims that their Student are Peaceful and without guns.

Or a person was arrested and a possible shooter accused.

Or a person was arrested and a possible shooter accused.

OK alleged shooter, and guns as evident.

Applying the same principle, Thaksin alleged buying votes.