Thai baht dropping big time!

Predicted that milk sales to rising middle classes will do to NZD what copper did to AUD, provided not another contamination scare.

you mean NZD will fall vs. USD 18% as did AUD during the last 12 months? ohmy.png

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I suggested on Friday, up to 53.4 again after the usual Friday afternoon dip.

As proven previously there is no such thing as "the usual Friday afternoon dip".

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/612416-gbp-to-thb-exchange-rate/page-59#entry6892705

But indeed GBP is "up" again against THB but UK markets haven't yet come into play so perhaps best not to get too excited, the GDP announcement tomorrow will be the biggee I reckon.

Can I just point out that the Fed has tapered a further USD 10 bill. and THB hasn't moved very much at all, against GBP it's still sat where it was and all of this without intervention!

There's no reason to assume that it would have done.

You and I understand that, others do not.

Can I just point out that the Fed has tapered a further USD 10 bill. and THB hasn't moved very much at all, against GBP it's still sat where it was and all of this without intervention!

There's no reason to assume that it would have done.
You and I understand that, others do not.

my understanding is that the reason for GBPTHB <65 is a conspiracy of the green shirts.

ermm.gif

Not much movement but we've got 10 more months of tapering ahead of us. Lets see if it can hold up. Other EM's are tanking and Thailand needs to compete.

Not much movement but we've got 10 more months of tapering ahead of us. Lets see if it can hold up. Other EM's are tanking and Thailand needs to compete.

Maybe ten, maybe twenty or more, there's nothing symmetrical about tapering necessarily.

Also, as Blakfien pointed out, seller cannot distinguish at present between one emerging market and another, sell everything that is emerging market they say, the herd instinct is in full play.

Maybe ten, maybe twenty or more, there's nothing symmetrical about tapering necessarily.

Also, as Blakfien pointed out, seller cannot distinguish at present between one emerging market and another, sell everything that is emerging market they say, the herd instinct is in full play.

who's Blakfien? huh.png

who's Blakfien? huh.png

Blankfein