Gov electric rates up again?

Paangjang

Is it true the government electric rates have gone up from ฿5 to 6.5? I remembe a few years ago it going up from 3 to 5, now up to 6.5? This is what my landlady tells me. Is she putting the rate up or is she telling the truth?

Government electric rates have been on the rise this last year. Much is because of an indexed surcharge (something to do with fuel costs). My wife tells me that we should expect steep (?) increase.

But it's not at 5 baht just yet. For sure the gov charge is not 6.5 baht. As far as your landlady is concerned - I have no idea what extras she might factor into the price she charges. My wife is a landlord and she charged 5 baht last year, this year she was forced to increase to 5.5 baht as the money charged to tenants did not cover the bill in from electric co.

• Like 1

You developed a business there and you don't even have your own stats bills.

Does she charge you for water and telephone.

I would change the name to your own and have the bill left at the premises.

I don't want my landlord knowing the numbers for my business, it may lead them to making assumptions

Sent via tin can and string after pigeon shot

@NotEinstein has said it all.

Household tarif 1.2.

More details here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/681007-electricity-cost-bangkok/#entry7028809

There is no such thing as a linear "price per unit".

Ft has gone up slighly, might come down again (not too likely with the falling Thai Baht).

Edited by KhunBENQ

You developed a business there and you don't even have your own stats bills.

Does she charge you for water and telephone.

I would change the name to your own and have the bill left at the premises.

I don't want my landlord knowing the numbers for my business, it may lead them to making assumptions

Sent via tin can and string after pigeon shot

Fair point, water is free and telephone bill comes straight to us. I'll talk to her tomorrow but you know what they're like. If she says no and the rate is going up.... What can i do?

MOVE

I would "MOVE" but i have a ฿120,000 deposit down on the place and i've invested nearly ฿1,000,000 in equipment & furnishing the place plus developing the business there. Thanks...wink.png

Are you for real ? You spent all that on somewhere you just rent ? There is one born every minute .lol

• Like 1

BTW, there was a report in April of a 35% increase in charges for electricity.

Electricity bills to rise 35% in Thailand

Government blames costly liquefied natural gas for tariff hike.

The Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand expects the electricity tariff will hit US$0.17 (around 5.1 Baht at the time of article) per kilowatt hour, on par with Singapore, in two years due to the rising price of LNG.

EGAT Governor Sutat Patmasiriwat said imports of costly LNG are a major reason for the projected increase in the power tariff from an average of US$0.12 (around 3.6 Baht at time of article) per kWh at present.

- See more at: http://asian-power.com/power-utility/in-focus/electricity-bills-rise-35-in-thailand#sthash.q7Xz9kOe.dpuf

MOVE

I would "MOVE" but i have a ฿120,000 deposit down on the place and i've invested nearly ฿1,000,000 in equipment & furnishing the place plus developing the business there. Thanks...wink.png

Are you for real ? You spent all that on somewhere you just rent ? There is one born every minute .lol

I've got a 3 year lease on it. What was i going to do, buy the place? 7 11 don't even buy their buildings. I lease all my buildings.

Edited by Paangjang

Government electric rates have been on the rise this last year. Much is because of an indexed surcharge (something to do with fuel costs). My wife tells me that we should expect steep (?) increase.

But it's not at 5 baht just yet. For sure the gov charge is not 6.5 baht. As far as your landlady is concerned - I have no idea what extras she might factor into the price she charges. My wife is a landlord and she charged 5 baht last year, this year she was forced to increase to 5.5 baht as the money charged to tenants did not cover the bill in from electric co.

my september bill was (VAT and surcharge included) THB 5.097/kWh.

october and november was lower at THB 4.718 / 4.719/kWh. i am billed mid month to mid month.

lowest unit rate, but highest ever monthly bill total w00t.gif, was march/april THB 4.114/kWh.

Edited by Naam

From your other posts, I guess you've edged into the industrial rates. biggrin.png

From your other posts, I guess you've edged into the industrial rates. biggrin.png

the difference between your and my unit rate (THB/kWh) is negligible. the big difference is consumption. my average monthly consumption is slightly below 3,000 kWh (share of airconditioning estimated 55%).

Tell your landlady to leave it alone and have the electric people leave the bill at the premises like they're supposed to. It doesn't need to go through her... as soon as it does it is open to padding.

Tell your landlady to leave it alone and have the electric people leave the bill at the premises like they're supposed to. It doesn't need to go through her... as soon as it does it is open to padding.

Had this discussion with her yesterday. She actually agreed to it so i must of had some luck on my side...