Clashes intensifying at Bangkok Metropolitan Police HQ

webfact

Clashes intensifying at metropolitan police HQ

teargas-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Anti-Thaksin demonstrators clashed with anti-riot police in their attempt to seize the police headquarters with police firing tear gas and demonstrators retaliating with bricks, rocks, and ping pong small bombs.

The clashes at Orathai bridge close to the metropolitan police headquarters started at about 11 a.m. and dragged on until late this afternoon when a group of adult demonstrators crossed the Orathai bridge where anti-riot police were guarding Government House. They hurled rocks, bricks and ping pong bombs into lines of police but were retaliated with rock and tear gas fire.

Many demonstrators were injured by tear gas and they were seen given first aid treatment by medical soldiers.

At another protest site, demonstrators also seized a prison van and used it to drag concrete barriers with robes hooked to the barriers.

Police warned demonstrators to stop removing the barriers saying it was against the law but were ignored. Police then fired tear gas to disperse the demonstrators, forcing them to retreat back to their locations. The police also warned of using rubber bullets if they advanced to the barriers again.

Meanwhile the Public Health Ministry said the clashes between students of Ramkhamhaeng university and red-shirt supporters resulted Saturday and Sunday resulted in the death of three people and 71 injured.

Yesterday clashes with anti riot police also resulted in 56 demonstrators injured by tear gas.

It said total casualties in two day violence were 3 dead, 127 injured.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/clashes-intensifying-metropolitan-police-hq/

-- Thai PBS 2013-12-02

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are almost in, if not they are very close. I think they just took out the water canon with a garbage truck.

Tear gas now being used. But doesn't seem to be affecting anyone too much as the cops can't seem to get it into the crowds.

The garbage truck keeps going backwards and forwards and the crowd cheering, I think it must be their battering ram.....

Hope nobody gets killed, not too worried about the police, don't like em.

http://www.tvzza.com/bluesky-channel-fmtv/

Edited by Biscuit22

They are almost in, if not they are very close. I think they just took out the water canon with a garbage truck.

Tear gas now being used. But doesn't seem to be affecting anyone too much as the cops can't seem to get it into the crowds.

The garbage truck keeps going backwards and forwards and the crowd cheering, I think it must be their battering ram.....

Hope nobody gets killed, not too worried about the police, don't like em.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif The last nine words, tickled me pink.

• Like 2

The moment one of those protesters die at the hands of the police Yingluck is dead meat as PM. As will be the murder charges against Suthep and Abhisit. Silly little girl should have stayed at home playing with her Barbie Dolls instead of puppertering for her convicted criminal brother.

Post of the day. :)

• Like 1

They've still not got over this BBC thing, apparently. lol.

Steve Herman @W7VOA 1h

Just got attacked by crazy woman holding "BBC Shame." Witnessed by dozens of riot police here who did not intervene.

Steve Herman @W7VOA 1h

Physically she whacked me in the head with her sign. @AndrewHurd: @W7VOA physically and/or verbally attacked?"

Steve Herman @W7VOA 56m

I think I’ll file a complaint with @BBCWorld for bearing the brunt of their reporting. #Thailand

But don't mention Mongolia rolleyes.gif

They've still not got over this BBC thing, apparently. lol.

Steve Herman @W7VOA 1h

Just got attacked by crazy woman holding "BBC Shame." Witnessed by dozens of riot police here who did not intervene.

Steve Herman @W7VOA 1h

Physically she whacked me in the head with her sign. @AndrewHurd: @W7VOA physically and/or verbally attacked?"

Steve Herman @W7VOA 56m

I think I’ll file a complaint with @BBCWorld for bearing the brunt of their reporting. #Thailand

In the paper that can not be named, they report that demonstrators are spraying the police with feces.

That would seem to be untoward, yet somehow appropriate.

Are they still using those fans?

Now I know why they wanted to cut the power.

• Like 1

In the paper that can not be named, they report that demonstrators are spraying the police with feces.

That would seem to be untoward, yet somehow appropriate.

Are they still using those fans?

Now I know why they wanted to cut the power.

What a disgrace...and this is the class of people presenting themsleves as a people's committee?

• Like 1

I guess at least some who deem the spraying of poo and pee okay, were going apesh1t over the blood on Abisiths doorstep?!

Just saying...

I find both actions 100% despicable, but that is just me, the ol' Thaksin lover and Red- supporter...coffee1.gif

But that was documented what they did at his door- AIDS infested too..

You are flat out making up stories that don't exist. No signs anywhere there was feces involved. But isn't that better than AIDS infested blood?!! And they tried to murder the man in his car.

Maybe you could give them your address for a little poo poo party you want incited. Or have TV track your IP location and tell them.

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

The paper that cannot be named said they plan on this as retaliation for tear gas.

Spraying fecal matter is a highly dangerous thing to do. Lethal pathogens can be spread that way, and anyone downwindwill be exposed to it.