All roads lead to Metropolitan Police Bureau : Suthep

Lite Beer

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't scare me at all. Anything is better than being ruled by people who actually do not live in Bangkok. As a matter of fact, not even in Thailand. Surely, they will never represent all Thais. Obviously you have short memory of red mob militants bullying and terrorizing ordinary Bangkokians for months. Give us a break.

I'm tired to be pointed as a red sympathizer. Read my posts today before reply blindly.

I am not on Yingluck side, I fear or Suthep megalomaniac and hatred towards foreigner.

You study, and read about Suthep before write...

I hate violence, and Suthep is not a saint. I always condemned terrorist action of Red shirts, like terrorist were attacks on Satruday of students against red shirt.

The fact the Suthep is originary of South makes him better of Yingluck because of what?

You give ME a break!

you ll get use to it... if you do not agree with them, you re against them...a bit like Bush said...they just can t understand that people may have concern about the country and nt 100.000 people following Suthep undemocratic ideas... just laugh at them they ll get even more mad

• Like 1

At least one of my Thai neighbours is having a good time. Watching speeches by Suthep on TV all day, cheering and blowing his whistle randomly, a real armchair general! A Russian neighbour living closer to him is pretty pissed off, seems to be drinking vodka more than usualcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gifw00t.gif

Edited by Timwin
  • Like 2

Thailand clearly needs an independent arbitrator, somebody from UN, Martti Ahtisaari for example. He has been as negotiator in Indonesia, in Northern Ireland and in Kosovo. Otherwise, this metronome like tik-tok power game between reds and yellows will go on for many years.

Oh yeah? And you seriously think the xenophobic thais will accept someone coming and telling them what to do? I think you missed the fact that this country is proud of doing stupid things, as long as it is the "Thai way".

Moreover, the use of arbitration has been severely restricted since July 2009. Predominantly the judicial system i.e. the courts, controls most disputes these days.

It doesn't scare me at all. Anything is better than being ruled by people who actually do not live in Bangkok. As a matter of fact, not even in Thailand. Surely, they will never represent all Thais. Obviously you have short memory of red mob militants bullying and terrorizing ordinary Bangkokians for months. Give us a break.

And since when has Bangkok been a nation or even represents more than a fraction of the country ? Bangkok is just a city that conveniently acts as Thailands current capital its nothing special and it sure dosnt have the right to choose who governs the nation. The entire population does.

most ordinary bankokorians as you put it come from all over Thailand and only work in the capital, it is NOT their home and without them bangkok would grind to a halt, period.

Edited by Sheryl
insult removed by Moderator
  • Like 1

Excellent speech ,he summed up the puppet yingluck after his talks with her and the shameful police who fire tear gas at peacefulnprotestors and failed to protect the ramkhamhaeng students when their red buddies rallied next to the uni. Time for the army to come out and support the people.

Peaceful protestors?

Please, whatever you're smoking, stop it. It's causing hallucinations.

09932b5c-5a6a-11e3-_483921b.jpg

after reds attacked students and stupidly threatened to kick their asses and anyway it was a students group not main protestors

Edited by Sheryl
insult removed by Moderator
  • Like 1

Love or hate him, at least Suthep is not afraid to stay in Thailand and quite possible have to answer to the law in the end unlike the other guy that continues to remain in exile and has absolutely no-intention to answer to no one.

does two bad make one good? we cannot tell about Suthep futur, except that by the end of december he should be answering for murder accusation and now insurrection...

• Like 1

The fact is, Thailand and its people have voted and they chose Yingluck, knowing perfectly well that she's Thaksin's sister.

If people don't like her, she will be gone in the next election, don't worry. What you can't do is try to overthrow a democratically elected government to impose the will of a small minority.

Suthep is an anarchist and has done more damage to Thailand already than Yingluck could ever do in her entire term. Anyone that supports him, his anarchist and undemocratic views is not to be taken seriously anyways in a modern society.

It is not a small minority opposed to the government but a very large minority, and the current governments actions over the past few years give them every right to be out protesting. I will agree Suthep has gone overboard however, as his current actions are no better than what the government has been doing. Many people in the north were starting to wake up to the damage the government was causing to the country. Suthep has now reassured them that the other side is no better.

It is going to be a long and painful road ahead for Thailand.

• Like 2

The whole political system needs reform. Yingluck and Sutep are the least likely to provide what this country needs.

Time to install an interim Government to rejig the Constitution where claims of corruption are hardly heard.

Reform is needed badly because having 450 politicians in the house of Reps covering 70 odd provinces is over governance and fiscally exposed to corruption.

The system breeds those seeking to become fat cats! Those wages could be consolidated into a smaller House of Parliament and with the same pie paying less people should attract a better quality of candidates. Pay peanuts you will get monkeys.

The same thing for the police, they are definitely not paid enough given their alleged corrupt practices.

I fear that nothing will ever change and that scares me for my sons future.

Please get your act together Thailand for your own future!

• Like 2

What Suthep is trying to do is overthrow the government and change the system so that he won't have to answer for the 80+ murders that occurred under his command. He's due in court this month and he's fighting for his life. He probably can't flee Thailand even if he wanted to. I doubt that they will let him leave with the charges that he has pending. He has no choice but to fight for his life and he doesn't care if he drags Thailand into hell with him.

Were that the case, surely he would have simply left the country (or supported amnesty, which would have covered him as well).

Being realistic, Thai authorities don't have a great reputation for preventing people in line for prosecution fleeing do they?

The whole political system needs reform. Yingluck and Sutep are the least likely to provide what this country needs.

Time to install an interim Government to rejig the Constitution where claims of corruption are hardly heard.

Reform is needed badly because having 450 politicians in the house of Reps covering 70 odd provinces is over governance and fiscally exposed to corruption.

The system breeds those seeking to become fat cats! Those wages could be consolidated into a smaller House of Parliament and with the same pie paying less people should attract a better quality of candidates. Pay peanuts you will get monkeys.

The same thing for the police, they are definitely not paid enough given their alleged corrupt practices.

2 or 3 years ago a poll shown that Bangkokians prefered to bribe the police than raise the taxes to allow a better pay for them

The amnesty bill would make return possible for more than Toxin there are a LOT of people that cannot return atm, It is a shame everything gets narrowly focused onto one individual I know a few families who were hoping to "come home" so it were and none political. It is a shame Toxin did a runner and coming back to do the time would be a great start and whilst at it start jailing those that also need to be, clean house and start acting like a stable country that respects the rule of law. .

Oh but we can dream ;)

• Like 1

If this lunatic get his demands fulfilled, Thailand will be another Cambodia with Pol Pot (Suthep and his people power) running the country.

A very grim future for Thailand ...

You seem to have missed the fact that Hun Sen is Thaksin's mate and the wanna-be dictator is already running the country. If you have any idea of Pol Pot's politics & the red shirts you would know that one faction led by Thida is far closer to Pol Pot than Suthep.

Suthep is just a mini-Thaksin and just like the latter, power has gone to his head.

If things get much worse I can see the army stepping in which would a good thing and I hope they do what they should have done before - make damn sure that Thaksin, Suthep, Banharn, Chavalit, Chalerm, Kittirat, Plodprasop, Yuthasak, & Surapong never are able to screw this country again. Probably a few more I've left out.

• Like 1

What Suthep is trying to do is overthrow the government and change the system so that he won't have to answer for the 80+ murders that occurred under his command. He's due in court this month and he's fighting for his life. He probably can't flee Thailand even if he wanted to. I doubt that they will let him leave with the charges that he has pending. He has no choice but to fight for his life and he doesn't care if he drags Thailand into hell with him.

If that is what Suthep wanted he would have been in support of the amnesty bill put forward. He is doing a good thing trying to rid Thai politics of the nepotism that plagues the PTP. Problem is he doesn't realize his own faults that are just as big of a cancer on society. Edited by Nacho

2 or 3 years ago a poll shown that Bangkokians prefered to bribe the police than raise the taxes to allow a better pay for them

That is not surprising and while this thinking exists, nothing else will change either. A failure to get the picture will come back to bite you.

If they are happy to get bitten, then som na na!

Edited by wonder6281

That is the problem with this country. The population is happy with corruption..................as long as they profit from it.

When was the last time a high profile wanted person didn't make it out of Thailand?

If Suthep wished for it he could be out of the country tonight.

Not as sure as you that the charges against him and Abhisit will stick or amount to much, anyway.

Remains to be seen if his word on not running away is worth anything.

In the west this is old stuff to us--politicians lying, opportunists jumping in and making their own bandwagons..it is old hat to us. Makes me think of the old joke: Q:'How can you tell when a politician is lying?' A: 'Their lips are moving'.

This is all new to Thai culture. We are seeing a culture evolve, and few see such things in their lifetime. Yes, in fits and starts. But things a r e changing.

I hope they choose the path of most change for least pain.

If this lunatic get his demands fulfilled, Thailand will be another Cambodia with Pol Pot (Suthep and his people power) running the country.

A very grim future for Thailand ...

You seem to have missed the fact that Hun Sen is Thaksin's mate and the wanna-be dictator is already running the country. If you have any idea of Pol Pot's politics & the red shirts you would know that one faction led by Thida is far closer to Pol Pot than Suthep.

Suthep is just a mini-Thaksin and just like the latter, power has gone to his head.

If things get much worse I can see the army stepping in which would a good thing and I hope they do what they should have done before - make dam_n sure that Thaksin, Suthep, Banharn, Chavalit, Chalerm, Kittirat, Plodprasop, Yuthasak, & Surapong never are able to screw this country again. Probably a few more I've left out.

Please if let them keep Chuwit, i really love this guy :)

• Like 1

I want to make this clear, I am very anti Thaksin, but would support most of the things the reds want if it wasn't for that megalomaniac, as the country dearly needs to throw off the shackles of the entrenched elites. However, this nutjob shows just how low the elites will stoop to keep power. There is absolutely no reason for the violence they are causing, I despair with this country. Lock them all up and throw away the key.

• Like 2

What an end game!

The losing face idea is infuriating and civilizing simultaneously. The Keystone Kops here extort passersby and help people, confusingly. The sound effects on Thai TV are like something from the 1950's. Yes and yes.

But the Thai people are a gentle and beautiful people, and no less selfish than the rest of us. They are just..somewhat new to all this democracy... stuff. In the west our democracies are hidebound and gridlocked, there just isn't usually much violence. In the west we know what to look for to see the real truth between the lines. That is not true here. I hold the opinion that democracy as a balanced system has never been realized anywhere in the world.

A scary thought, but a relevant one.

I tell people I am Buddhist but not religious about it -- and that raises a lot of eyebrows here -- but it is the truth. I will meditate for peace for ALL the people here, very many of whom I love, including a policeman that gave me a ride on his motorcycle when I was stranded, a teacher who was concerned about one student with a hearing disability, a random man who took three of us from the downpour to our bus station one July -- and certainly not least of all my Thai wife, our unborn baby, and the many friends I have met here.

The people here deserve better and are demanding better from their government. I support every color in the rainbow. They each have a unique light to shine.

Resume rants.

Edited by FangFerang
  • Like 1