The "newbies" and their wisdom

swissie

Newbies should realise that those members who have posted a lot have read zillions of topics and replies and over a period have built up a lot of information within their grey cells and will hope to pass that info on. thumbsup.gif

Take me for instance, if you are rebuilding a Pontiac V8 engine, I am your man.............laugh.png

I have this mental image of a huge guy with a beard and an adjustable spanner in his overall pocket!

Nooooooooooooooooooo, laugh.png , far from it, am an old weeeee guy, though my weight training has given me a frame that doesn't match my age. smile.png

PS. Am waiting for the guy who told me/us to get a life to come back, will tell him a little of my life that he thinks I don't have or had. whistling.gif

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Newbies should realise that those members who have posted a lot have read zillions of topics and replies and over a period have built up a lot of information within their grey cells and will hope to pass that info on. thumbsup.gif

Take me for instance, if you are rebuilding a Pontiac V8 engine, I am your man.............laugh.png

Oh crap....not the Chevy vs Pontiac V8 holy wars wink.png

not to mention fine tuning SU carburettors clap2.gif

• Like 1

Yeh, newbies don't know that eh............whistling.gif ...........................Or tyre pressures.......................laugh.png

All generations usually make the same mistakes because the either don't listen ( you're stupid), know better ( my GF is different) or because they don't believe that basic life is and has been the same for thousands of years (you are an old fart and know nothing)

Recently say the last 150 years there have been advances in technical things that fascinate people but life is basically the same.

Males are conditioned to gain status by putting other males down. But on a general forum, unless there are women loitering looking for a mate, it is mostly irrelevant.

Very occasional someone comes along with an insight to life but they are very rare.

​some posters are slimply catalysts for discussion.

• Like 1

I've only got over 100 posts, yet have been here 8 years. Does that make me a newbie? Maybe I don't feel the need to share every thought that comes into my head. SMH

Thats OK with me. thumbsup.gif ..................smile.png ......Do what you want..........thumbsup.gif

In general I think what the person writes rather than who he is, is more important. Having said that I do now one Walter Mitty from a different website who has a high (in the thousands) of posts here who gives advice on banking and Visas in Thailand but has never been to the country or met a native Thai person. I don't think he has ever been outside of his home country. He has constructed a complete fantasy life in Thailand.

When I see him post it reminds me to check everything anyone says regardless of the number of posts that follow their name.

In general I think what the person writes rather than who he is, is more important. Having said that I do now one Walter Mitty from a different website who has a high (in the thousands) of posts here who gives advice on banking and Visas in Thailand but has never been to the country or met a native Thai person. I don't think he has ever been outside of his home country. He has constructed a complete fantasy life in Thailand.

When I see him post it reminds me to check everything anyone says regardless of the number of posts that follow their name.

And after all your thoughts, wasn't it you that said I hated Thailand cos I didn't go to my Wat.................laugh.png

I've only got over 100 posts, yet have been here 8 years. Does that make me a newbie? Maybe I don't feel the need to share every thought that comes into my head. SMH

No, it just shows you have a real life instead of spending you time on accumulating posts here...

• Like 1

And after all your thoughts, wasn't it you that said I hated Thailand cos I didn't go to my Wat.................laugh.png

Gee no. I never said anyone should go to a Wat but many people are not great readers.

Ah a jag man.....at last we have something in commonbiggrin.png

Ah....but a Jag would have SU Carburetters, both being from the land of Blighty an' all. whistling.gif

Ah....but a Jag would have SU Carburetters, both being from the land of Blighty an' all. whistling.gif

Yep my old jag had 2 of them and really growled when they were tuned well.

It was mentioned here, that many a newbie may have just been "lurking" before deciding to start posting here. Having accumulated their wisdom over the years by "lurking".

The better for all of us, that they finally decided to share their accumulated wisdom here. What kept them from not sharing here before?

Cheers.

Short or long time?tongue.png

i fell in love with that car when it was presented in 1961, then i was still a schoolboy. but it took half a century till i finally bought one. and only because my wife said "for decades you were planning to buy one. no more excuses. don't talk back, this one you buy... or else!"

i fell in love with that car when it was presented in 1961, then i was still a schoolboy. but it took half a century till i finally bought one. and only because my wife said "for decades you were planning to buy one. no more excuses. don't talk back, this one you buy... or else!"

1961 that must have been around the MK 9

Mine was a mark 7 which I bought in 1964 owned by a little old lady who only used it to go to church and she did not go often. It had a genuine 8000 miles on the clock.

Best thing I ever bought even though it was a MK5 I went to buy.

Mine was a mark 7 which I bought in 1964 owned by a little old lady who only used it to go to church and she did not go often. It had a genuine 8000 miles on the clock. The price I paid was exactly what would have bought a brand new Valient...the one with the push button automatic transmission. I know what was the best buy.smile.png

Edited by harrry

Mine was a mark 7 which I bought in 1964 owned by a little old lady who only used it to go to church and she did not go often. It had a genuine 8000 miles on the clock.

no MK just a plain "E"

E1rsmall.jpg

• Like 2

no MK just a plain "E"

E1rsmall.jpg

Beautiful car. Almost the same motor though. I am at last envious of you.

I think there were two really beautiful cars....the E type and the Renault Floride. I had the last but the E type is special.

The ones that irk me are the posters that rely on The Nation for their political information.

They claim the foreign press does not understand Thailand.....

These people would make great citizens in North Korea.

Posted Yesterday, 14:12

The foreign press is supporting Yingluk and PTP.

Why do they get it so wrong?

Maybe the foreign press gets it right while you get it wrong. rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

I read The Nation everyday.