Eating with right hand

Fifteen15

I understand it's good etiquette to put food in your mouth with your right hand instead of your left which is considered your 'toilet' hand. Today I was eating with chopsticks in my right hand and using a spoon to put food in my mouth with my left. Is this considered rude? I can't use chopsticks with my left hand because I'm right handed. Am I thinking too much into this?

The eating with your right-hand "rule" is mostly a Muslim practice. You will see most Cambodians use a fork in their r/h and use a spoon in their left to scoop food onto the fork, my wife is Khmer and she is left-handed so she eats with her l/h. Don't worry, just eat the way you normally do...you're not going to offend anyone.

OP, if you are English you use your left hand to ''fork'' in grub, it seems if your from the USA you have to load the fork in the left and for some reason swap it to your right hand to eat it. rolleyes.gif

Table setting isss, forks on the left and knives on the right. BUT, who gives a sh_t...........laugh.png