Aspent-M (low dosage Aspirin)

MadMac

There was an old thread "Bottle of Aspirin" that is archived now.

As I ran out of the small pills (80mg Aspirin, or Aspent-M), does anyone know, if / where they are available in Chiang Mai? Or any alternative name to bother the pharmacist with?

Worst case, I have to try my new insurance to get generics they don't sell to foreigners.

Aspent M is available in almost every Pharmacy in Thailand. About 25-30 Baht for 60 X 81 mg. tablets. It was not possible to get for almost a year as the pill making machine was destroyed during the foods. Back up and running and available.

Oh, Cardiprin is 100 mg. of Aspirin and costs about 100 Baht for 30 tablets as i recall.whistling.gif

Aspent M is available in almost every Pharmacy in Thailand. About 25-30 Baht for 60 X 81 mg. tablets. It was not possible to get for almost a year as the pill making machine was destroyed during the foods. Back up and running and available.

Oh, Cardiprin is 100 mg. of Aspirin and costs about 100 Baht for 30 tablets as i recall.whistling.gif

You could well be right. It's been a long time since I bought them.

Yep, the factory was flooded, stocks gone. I used some US ordered but ran flat now. Good if it is available again.

Had a thrombosis in 2009 after an accident and ankle op, and I opted out of eating rat poison :)

i had always bought Aspent low dosage but came across 'Aspilets' 81mg in 10tab foil packs. Priced same as Aspent, which I am happy to hear are back.

Bought mine at the CMU Pharmacy on Suthep: BTW, if you are elderly you can obtain their member discount card which gives you 5% off. Mind you Makro Pharmacies are competitively priced for most other non-drug supplies one encounters in a pharmacy these days.

Both Dr Tavachai my old GP and Dr Morgon my current GP recommend I take a 81 mm Aspirin /day.

john

Take on Dr advice only

Dr Morgan prescribes these for me and has them in stock.

I get mine in 1,000-tablet bottles, from the pharmacy on the basement-floor at Central Kad-Suan-Kaew, near the entrance to TOPS supermarket, I think it was about B600 last time, six months ago.

That many could get stale before used up. Not a good choice to buy that many at once. Unless you share them with the neighbors.

I get mine in 1,000-tablet bottles, from the pharmacy on the basement-floor at Central Kad-Suan-Kaew, near the entrance to TOPS supermarket, I think it was about B600 last time, six months ago.

I can get the 1000 bottle for about 380 but I won't because in Thailand there is too much moisture in the air and pills tend to mold and stick together, lose their potency, etc. even with silica gel inside.

I can get the 1000 bottle for about 380 but I won't because in Thailand there is too much moisture in the air and pills tend to mold and stick together, lose their potency, etc. even with silica gel inside.

Didn't I JUST say that ?

Just grabbed 3 small bottles (60 pills) of Aspent-M at Mae Hia market pharmacy today. Walked by and tried by chance. That was all they had, 45B each. But these were manufactured in Dec 2012, not new stock. Tesco pharmacy had "Aspirin 81" in stripes, 10 pills for 12B. So it's definitely available again.