Abstract photography

Tywais

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

eye spy . . . wink.png

Cool....like the way the lens doubles up as a pupil thumbsup.gif

if you squint at it (on the bigger linked 'lightbox' image helps) you can make out the pupil as a slightly darker ring around the 'lens'. What i wanted with this shot was to have the reflection of the river & mountain alone, in the back of her eye, in as sharp a focus as i could get . . . trade off = skin around the eye blurs out. I think this was f/22+ without checking.

eye spy . . . wink.png

Cool....like the way the lens doubles up as a pupil thumbsup.gif

if you squint at it (on the bigger linked 'lightbox' image helps) you can make out the pupil as a slightly darker ring around the 'lens'. What i wanted with this shot was to have the reflection of the river & mountain alone, in the back of her eye, in as sharp a focus as i could get . . . trade off = skin around the eye blurs out. I think this was f/22+ without checking.

I know it's pretty tricky with such a close subject but have a go at focus stacking.

I know it's pretty tricky with such a close subject but have a go at focus stacking.

a fine technique if your subject is dead bugs, pen nibs or anything else inanimate & you have a focus rail . . . but this was Mrs G, in a busy restaurant full of folk glaring at us both (me, not bothered...but you know what some Thai's are like) and there is no way she would have sat motionless without blinking or flinching with that lens just a few cm's from her eyeball under such public scrutiny for more than 1.5 seconds . . . .

but i see what you're saying.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived