True Online Router Username & Password

gavin310

I couldn't login to my router to change the network name, so I figured the technicians changed the default Cisco router username and password when setting up the internet/router. I reset the router and tried all the different default Cisco modem/router login combinations, but none worked. Does True Online have their own username/password combination, and does anybody know what it is? Or do they set the default login to be unique to each customer? I have the paperwork from when they set it up, but I don't see any login information other than the wireless login info they wrote down. I tried that as the router login info and it didn't work. Does anybody know if there's a default login for True Online's routers, or if it's a custom login for each customer, what is the format of the login info? Thanks

Nevermind, I got it. Username is "admin" and password is "password". Didn't see that combination listed in the defaults for any Cisco routers. Probably should have been one of the first combinations I tried wink.png

Just saw your post and was getting ready to say try admin and password....same combo worked for my True-issued DOCSIS Thomson model. But now that you are in be sure to at least change the password to help keep other folks/hackers out.

It's usually one of the following combinations:

user: admin

password: password

password: <blank>

password: 1111100000

admin/password is always the first one I try. Either I mistyped or just forgot to try that one.

Also, FYI, for TOT their routers have their own logins, but it's usually on the sticker on the router. My last router from TOT was admin/tot.

• 5 years later...

Revisiting a 6 yr old thread because it needs updating, and this might save someone time and frustration.

True Online installed a new router for me a couple of days ago, but did not tell me this, which I gleaned from an all-Thai Youtube video.

1. 192.168.2.1 is the first thing changed.

2. Username is still admin.

3. Password is the contents of the captcha box under the password field. Happy copying.

Don't think it's case sensitive, but don't confuse lowercase g with 9 like I did.

That's it; good luck.