Can i use two passports?

Hi,

im about to leave thailand after a 10 week stay i entered on a VOA and made 3 trips to burma on my newzealand passport.

What i want to know is can i come back to thailand with a different passport(australian) with a multi entry visa with out any problems?

Any help is appreciated.

You entered on a visa exempt entry. There is no reason to not get the visa in your NZ passport and immigration might notice you use another passport to enter anyway.

But if you wish you can get it in your Australian passport, but in that case you would need to fly into the country. it will not be possible to switch passports at a land border, as they check exit and entry stamps there.

You must exit on the passport which was used to gain entry.

Return on any passport but what "multi - entry" visa do you have in mind ?

To be honest im not completely sure yet a friend of mine got a 90 day which he had to leave and come back once on.

You entered on a visa exempt entry. There is no reason to not get the visa in your NZ passport and immigration might notice you use another passport to enter anyway.

But if you wish you can get it in your Australian passport, but in that case you would need to fly into the country. it will not be possible to switch passports at a land border, as they check exit and entry stamps there.

Thanks for the reply

Im not 100% on what visa i will get yet but a aussy friend of mine got something like a 90 day multi entry. which then could be extended i think.

Still need to to a bit of research but my main reason for wanting to change my passport before i come back to thailand is i thought you could only come for 6 months of 1 year and since ive used up 3 on my nz one i was hoping to do 6 more come February on my aussy one.

Obviously i need to do some more research just wanted an idea before i head to embassy.