best way to stop direct debit for power and TOT?

I had to do this myself a couple of weeks ago, fairly straightforward can be done at the relevant office eg , if in Bangkok, TOT and the Electric are next to each other by Chidlom BTS. Takes up to a couple of months to stop the debits, so I was told, so allow yourself time. You don't mention True, but for info, that can be done over the phone and they action the request immediately . CAT have an office in Times Square by Asoke BTS.

Edited by wordchild

I had to do this myself a couple of weeks ago, fairly straightforward can be done at the relevant office eg , if in Bangkok, TOT and the Electric are next to each other by Chidlom BTS. Takes up to a couple of months to stop the debits, so I was told, so allow yourself time. You don't mention True, but for info, that can be done over the phone and they action the request immediately . CAT have an office in Times Square by Asoke BTS.

couple of months??

ouch.

I need it to happen in two weeks. I'm in Pattaya though.

Means I'll probably go to TOT and the PEA to inform them, and then ask the bank to cancel it. If they say they can't, I'll close the account and re-open...

My first effort was to talk to the bank, as they set them up for me (with the exception of True) but they said they couldn't do the cancellation and I had to talk to each company myself. Go and see them they might be able to do it more quickly in Pattaya.