Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Reading the article looks like 3 home games and all finals at ANZ under the agreement.

I'd prefer to see them at the SCG with home ground advantage. I don't thin ANZ gives them any crowd advantage at all.

That's been the exact argument since its inception, there's no home ground advantage, look at the win/loss records for both grounds during the length of the contract. We lose far more often that I'd like to see at ANZ. It's really a soul sucking stadium and lest we not mention the playing surface which is pathetic, so much so that there is no "kick to kick" permitted at ANZ after the game, compared to the SCG which is like a golf course fairway. Really nice to walk around on, not to mention kick a footy on ;)

The only way that the SCG sees a final is in the event that 1. The AFL says the surface at ANZ is shit or 2. there's an event clash. But the agreement itself is the result of the SCG Trust being a greedy bunch of rex hunts to begin with.

Make your bed now sleep in it kind of stuff.

• Like 1

Just found this forum. Yank living in Jomtien, have some Oz friends, but most into NRL. (one loaned me his Oz slang dictionary. Didn't have "ruck" in it however.. Footy is by far my fave sport (try explaining to Yanks who like NFL stand around sessions...). Makes it difficult to watch other sports because they are so s l o w.....Watching for a few years now. Interesting trying to love a sport without attaching to favorite side. Happy all who got into finals did, especially way Richmond just kept at it and got there. I don't really like Swans, remind me of NY Yankees, and red and white aren't good colors for Buddy's skin tone (haha). Liked better when at Hawthorne. Thinking about little trip to Oz next season (was there in 97). If I figure it right maybe could see 6 games in 2 1/2 weeks? Good on ya all

Eric Banna explaining AFL to yanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V63k9Pfyn1s&feature=player_detailpage

thanks for link. I have posted various other attempt on my Facebook page. Seems there are footy players in USA, but problem is where to play? Cricket not all that popular. Baseball stadiums almost big enough (Recall visit by US teams to Sydney this year. Plenty of room left over.... maybe could go for Aussie rules "light", say 9 on a side?). I did some comparisons which probably got some snitty. Footy field is 3x as big as gridiron, avg US game has 7 minutes actual action, longest distance run usually by backs and receivers around 1.2 miles, and I of course had to make fun of Transformers like equipment worn in US. Heck, footy have even less than cry babies in soccer (shin guards).

First footy game I saw was on US ABC in early 60's show "Wide World of Sports" and they showed part of a game. Thought "Wow, this is even better than Canadian football". Went to Aus in 97, got a Crows shirt (was useful as I was high school teacher. How is this different from US? Smart ones noted football looked a bit plumper). Bring back the lab coats!

Is tipping some sort of betting pool (without money here of course). Only tipping I know outside of for services rendered is going out and pushing cows over.

Thanks for the welcome. I think I will go make a good fist of it with some crumbs. (good for picking up slang too)

Oh a question: I'll be stuffed if ABC gets cut by current string pullers. Any suggestions on other ways to access AFL? Seems I will have to get decent internet (vs spotty I have now at condo), and if so who carries this exotic head banging?

Edited by Emster23

Docker's have a bit of a set back with Johnson being ruled out for the season with a back injury...

Woah, that's a bit of an understatement Mr Smith.

I think Freo are gorn now. Can't see them getting close

to Sydney with him out. Along with, McParlin, that's their

2 best defenders.

Just an observation that I hope you guys can clarify for me.

hypothetically, if Syd lost this week, they more than likely play

Port who finished 5th whereas if hawthorn lose, they more than

likely play North.

So 1 versus 5 and 2nd versus 6th.

I know Syd get the benefit of playing the 4th side first up, although

I don't thinks it's one at all.

But shouldn't the highest place loser (Syd) play the lowest placed winner (North)?

• Like 1

Docker's have a bit of a set back with Johnson being ruled out for the season with a back injury...

2 best defenders.

likely play North.

But shouldn't the highest place loser (Syd) play the lowest placed winner (North)?

Sydney will be happy with that. Buddy and Tippet with Cunningham, jetta, Rohan, Goodes Mcglynn running through to goal. Butterfingers Reid we will put down as an advantage to Freo

It's a good point KhunWIll about the 1v5, 2v6.

I wonder how that slipped through or what the reasoning behind it is?

2 best defenders.

likely play North.

Sydney will be happy with that. Buddy and Tippet with Cunningham, jetta, Rohan, Goodes Mcglynn running through to goal. Butterfingers Reid we will put down as an advantage to Freo

It's a good point KhunWIll about the 1v5, 2v6.

I wonder how that slipped through or what the reasoning behind it is?

I'm not trying to be a conspiracy theorist, but consider this.

If hawthorn and Essendon win, Geelong will play the 7th

best side while Syd will have to play the 5th best even though

they finished 2 places higher.

In that scenario, surely Syd should get the advantage of playing

the lower placed side.

• Like 1

It is played that way so if Swans and Hawthorn win the games they will not play the team they met in the first round of the finals

Thanks for that ripstanley.

I get it now, but I still don't see why the higher placed side should be

disadvantaged.

• Like 1

It is played that way so if Swans and Hawthorn win the games they will not play the team they met in the first round of the finals

Thanks for that ripstanley.

I get it now, but I still don't see why the higher placed side should be

disadvantaged.

The home and away seasons determines who plays whom in the first round of the finals. Their position on the ladder after the finals begins is irrelevant to whom they play.

Yeah the current system ain't perfect, but it's a <deleted> sight better than the NRL system, that takes forever to explain let alone understand it. NSW's Cityrail network would be easier to untangle.

Honestly, can't see the bottom 4 of the 8 being a threat especially playing away from home.

Richmond? Peaked last week against the Swans.

Essendon? Meh they're making up numbers.

North? Yes they've beaten all of the Top 4 this year, but come this time 'round they're a long ways behind where the Top 4 are.

Port? Perennial autoerotic asphyxiators...

Week 3 of the finals will be a reverse of Week 1...

Adam Goodes and Shane Warne in Twitter stoush over staging

The AFL's latest staging controversy has sparked a Twitter feud between two of Australia's greatest sportsmen, Adam Goodes and Shane Warne.

Goodes has hit back at the Australian cricket great questioning his claims to the honour of Australian of the Year.

Warne had accused Goodes of staging for free-kicks during Sydney's loss to Richmond on Saturday night, and then claimed to be "shocked" over Goodes's status as Australian of the year – an award he won seven months ago.

Warne tweeted: "Come on tigers beat those Swans and make the finals. By the way, does everyone get annoyed when Adam Goodes always 'stages' for free kicks ?

"I think Syd or the Hawks will win the flag. Shocked as I just found out Goodes was Aust of the year, wow ! Who votes for that?"

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/adam-goodes-and-shane-warne-in-twitter-stoush-over-staging-20140831-10akmf.html

Warney had to have the last shot..

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1409485818.980965.jpg

So I've gone over the footage available on the interwebs and there's just one angle that we haven't seen, this angle, I think will give conclusive evidence whether Goodesy staged or not.

It's the front on angle. The angles that have been shown go either way as to whether Goodesy took a dive.

For mind, I don't think he did, if (and that's a BIG if) he did then he'll come out and own it and he'd hand in his AotY medallion in the process.

Yeah the current system ain't perfect, but it's a <deleted> sight better than the NRL system, that takes forever to explain let alone understand it. NSW's Cityrail network would be easier to untangle.

Honestly, can't see the bottom 4 of the 8 being a threat especially playing away from home.

North? Yes they've beaten all of the Top 4 this year, but come this time 'round they're a long ways behind where the Top 4 are.

NRL changed in 2012, GS, same as the AFL finals system now.

All this fuss over Port's prison jumper. masterful publicity stroke by Port. Great way to focus their player and fans on it is an 'us against the Victorian Club' scenario

• Like 1

All this fuss over Port's prison jumper. masterful publicity stroke by Port. Great way to focus their player and fans on it is an 'us against the Victorian Club' scenario

Good point BookMan.

having said that, it's not the first time this year an interstate club has had to bend over and wear their

away strip because of a clash with a Melbourne club.

Like Eddie says "our home strip is black and white and our away strip is white and black".

• Like 1

Good point BookMan.

having said that, it's not the first time this year an interstate club has had to bend over and wear their

Like Eddie says "our home strip is black and white and our away strip is white and black".

Totally agree.

Home clubs should be able to wear their normal strips no matter what. It should be up to the visiting club to have to provide an alternative. No exceptions. Why would there need to be an exception?

I just think that here they have decided to make an issue of it, now, to get Adelaide behind their team

• Like 1

Good point BookMan.

Totally agree.

Home clubs should be able to wear their normal strips no matter what. It should be up to the visiting club to have to provide an alternative. No exceptions. Why would there need to be an exception?

I just think that here they have decided to make an issue of it, now, to get Adelaide behind their team

In my day it was simple,away teams wore white shorts.

Just heard johnson is out of the dockers,have changed to swans now.

• Like 2

Hah.. Shows how much interest I have left in that game!

Yes Kochie's a freakin' genius, turn not only Port Adelaide against Richmond, but turn the whole damn city of Adelaide against them.

"I don't always support Port, but when I do, it's against a Victorian club in the finals" has been a common saying amongst a few of my mates who are die hard Crows supporters this week.

Gale at Richmond's none to impressed either, tweeting a picture of the Tigers clash guernsy which has previously been used against Port. Furthering the stroke of genius by Kochie, which has no doubt distracted the Tiges with this little molehill...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-02/port-to-wear-prison-bars

Not sure it provides sufficient "differentiation" to be honest, better off doing a reverse strip, mostly yellow and a black stripe.

• Like 1

Fresh faces aplenty as AFL names 40-man All Australian squad

The Virgin Australia 2014 AFL All Australian squad has been revealed

THE 2014 All Australian team will have a fresh look to it, with 26 players who have not previously received the honour named in the 40-man squad released on Tuesday afternoon.

Only six players from the 2013 team were named for potential back-to-back selections – Gary Ablett, Travis Boak, Scott Pendlebury, Jarryd Roughead, Joel Selwood and Harry Taylor.
Hawthorn and the Sydney Swans are the most represented clubs in this year's squad, with each providing five players to the preliminary group
THE 40-MAN ALL AUSTRALIAN SQUAD, IN CLUB ORDER
Eddie Betts, Adelaide Crows. Never Previously All Australian. 22 games in 2014. 167 kicks, 53 marks, 123 handballs, averaging 7.6 kicks, 2.4 marks, 5.6 handballs. 51 Goals (ninth in the AFL), 22 Behinds. 30 Clearances, 37 Inside 50m, Eight Rebound 50m. 74 Tackles.
Sam Jacobs, Adelaide Crows. Never Previously All Australian. 22 games in 2014. 193 kicks, 90 marks, 165 handballs, averaging 8.8 kicks, 4.1 marks, 7.5 handballs. 763 hit outs (second in the AFL) averaging 34.7 per game.
Seven Goals, Three Behinds. 69 Clearances, 40 Inside 50m, 20 Rebound 50m. 46 Tackles.
Brodie Smith, Adelaide Crows. Never Previously All Australian. 22 games in 2014. 287 kicks, 108 marks, 209 handballs, averaging 13.0 kicks, 4.9 marks, 9.5 handballs. 11 Goals, Eight Behinds. 18 Clearances, 76 Inside
50, 109 Rebound 50m (second in the AFL). 35 Tackles.
Daniel Talia, Adelaide Crows. Never Previously All Australian. 22 games in 2014. 167 kicks, 105 marks, 93 handballs, averaging 7.6 kicks, 4.8 marks, 4.2 handballs. Zero Goals, One Behinds. Zero Clearances, 25 Inside
50, 52 Rebound 50m. 24 Tackles.
Tom Rockliff, Brisbane Lions. Never Previously All Australian. 18 games in 2014. 309 kicks, 96 marks, 280 handballs (seventh in the AFL in total disposals), averaging 17.2 kicks, 5.3 marks, 15.6 handballs. 10 Goals,
Three Behinds. 112 Clearances, 53 Inside 50, 64 Rebound 50m. 163 Tackles (second in the AFL).
Bryce Gibbs, Carlton. Never Previously All Australian. 22 games in 2014. 308 kicks, 89 marks, 237 handballs, averaging 14.0 kicks, 4.0 marks, 10.8 hand balls. 18 Goals, 15 Behinds. 124 Clearances (Tenth in the AFL), 91
Inside 50m(Tenth in the AFL), 38 Rebound 50m. 108 Tackles.
Dayne Beams, Collingwood. All Australian 2012. 19 games in 2014. 278 kicks, 68 marks, 238 handballs, averaging 14.6 kicks, 3.6 marks, 12.5 handballs. 23 Goals, 16 Behinds. 115 Clearances, 86 Inside 50, 34 Rebound
50m. 100 Tackles.
Scott Pendlebury, Collingwood. All Australian 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. 21 games in 2014. 292 kicks, 75 marks, 304 handballs (sixth in the AFL in handballs and third in the AFL in total disposals), averaging 13.9 kicks,
3.6 marks, 14.5 handballs. 13 Goals, 10 Behinds. 113 Clearances, 72 Inside 50, 51 Rebound 50m. 116 Tackles.
Dyson Heppell, Essendon. Never Previously All Australian. 21 games in 2014. 312 kicks, 111 marks, 280 handballs (fifth in the AFL in total disposals), averaging 14.9 kicks, 5.3 marks, 13.3 handballs. Six Goals, Five Behinds. 107 Clearances, 64 Inside 50, 34 Rebound 50m. 97 Tackles.
Cale Hooker, Essendon. Never Previously All Australian. 22 games in 2014. 234 kicks, 170 marks (second in the AFL), 175 handballs, averaging 10.6 kicks, 7.7 marks, 8.0 handballs. Zero Goals, Zero Behinds. Four Clearances, 18 Inside 50m, 67 Rebound 50m. 33 Tackles.
Hayden Ballanytne, Fremantle. Never Previously All Australian. 19 games in 2014. 187 kicks, 83 marks, 49 handballs, averaging 9.8 kicks, 4.4 marks, 2.6 handballs. 49 Goals (Tenth in the AFL), 25 Behinds. 13 Clearances, 57 Inside 50, Seven Rebound 50m. 48 Tackles.
Nathan Fyfe, Fremantle. Never Previously All Australian. 18 games in 2014. 239 kicks, 72 marks, 243 handballs, averaging 13.3 kicks, 4.0 marks, 13.5 handballs. 21 Goals, Nine Behinds. 121 Clearances, 64 Inside 50, 24 Rebound 50m. 80 Tackles.
Aaron Sandilands, Fremantle. All Australian 2008, 2009, 2010. 21 games in 2014. 68 kicks, 76 marks, 203 andballs, averaging 3.2 kicks, 3.6 marks, 9.7 handballs. 798 hit outs (first in the AFL), averaging 38.0 hit outs.
Seven Goals, Five Behinds. 56 Clearances, 23 Inside 50m, 14 Rebound 50m. 41 Tackles.
Tom Hawkins, Geelong Cats. All Australian 2012. 22 games in 2014. 202 kicks, 146 marks (sixth in the AFL), 72 handballs, averaging 9.2 kicks, 6.6 marks, 3.2 handballs. 62 Goals (second in the AFL), 35 Behinds. One Clearance, 47 Inside 50, Zero Rebound 50m. 30 Tackles.
Tom Lonergan, Geelong Cats. Never Previously All Australian. 21 games in 2014. 124 kicks, 88 marks, 109 handballs, averaging 5.9 kicks, 4.2 marks, 5.2 handballs. One Goal, Two Behinds. One Clearance, 17 Inside 50m, 34 Rebound 50m. 39 Tackles.
Joel Selwood, Geelong Cats. All Australian 2009, 2010, 2013 (captain). 22 games in 2014. 280 kicks, 100 marks, 279 handballs, averaging 12.7 kicks, 4.5 marks, 12.7 handballs. 21 Goals, 16 Behinds. 133 Clearances (fifth in
the AFL), 89 Inside 50, 34 Rebound 50m. 130 Tackles (tenth in the AFL).
Harry Taylor, Geelong Cats. All Australian 2010, 2013. 21 games in 2013. 199 kicks, 142 marks (ninth in the AFL), 129 handballs, averaging 9.5 kicks, 6.8 marks, 6.1 handballs. Two Goals, Two Behinds. Four Clearances,
24 Inside 50m, 62 Rebound 50m. 44 Tackles.
Gary Ablett, Gold Coast Suns. All Australian 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 (captain), 2012, 2013. 15 games in 2014. 254 kicks, 30 marks, 227 handballs, averaging 16.9 kicks, 2.0 marks, 15.1 handballs. 24 Goals, Seven Behinds. 119 Clearances, 77 Inside 50, 38 Rebound 50m. 91 Tackles.
Callan Ward, GWS Giants. Never Previously All Australian. 20 games in 2014. 240 kicks, 75 marks, 258 handballs, averaging 12.0 kicks, 3.7 marks, 12.9 handballs. Seven Goals, 10 Behinds. 131 Clearances (sixth in the AFL), 60 Inside 50, 44 Rebound 50m. 115 Tackles.
Luke Breust, Hawthorn. Never Previously All Australian. 22 games in 2014. 176 kicks, 72 marks, 162 handballs, averaging 8.0 kicks, 3.3 marks, 7.4 handballs. 53 Goals (seventh in the AFL), 10 Behinds. 40 Clearances, 65
Inside 50m, Nine Rebound 50m. 69 Tackles.
Shaun Burgoyne, Hawthorn. All Australian 2006. 22 games in 2014. 257 kicks, 84 marks, 241 handballs, averaging 11.7 kicks, 3.8 marks, 11.0 handballs. 10 Goals, Five Behinds. 73 Clearances, 75 Inside 50, 42 Rebound 50m. 89 Tackles.
Jack Gunston, Hawthorn. Never Previously All Australian. 20 games in 2014. 207 kicks, 119 marks, 115 handballs, averaging 10.4 kicks, 5.9 marks, 5.8 handballs. 51 Goals (eighth in the AFL), 23 Behinds. 14 Clearances, 46 Inside 50, Nine Rebound 50m. 36 Tackles.
Jordan Lewis, Hawthorn. Never Previously All Australian. 21 games in 2013. 294 kicks, 121 marks, 295 handballs (ninth in the AFL in handballs and sixth in the AFL in total disposals), averaging 14.0 kicks, 5.8 marks, 14.0 handballs. 14 Goals, Nine Behinds. 120 Clearances, 76 Inside 50, 27 Rebound 50m. 82 Tackles.
Jarryd Roughead, Hawthorn. All Australian 2013. 20 games in 2014. 215 kicks, 93 marks, 108 handballs, averaging 10.8 kicks, 4.7 marks, 5.4 handballs. 62 Goals (second in the AFL), 37 Behinds. 27 Clearances, 47 Inside 50, Seven Rebound 50m. 60 Tackles.
Brent Harvey, North Melbourne. All Australian 2000. 2005, 2007, 2008. 20 games in 2014. 283 kicks, 101 marks, 232 handballs, averaging 14.1 kicks, 5.0 marks, 11.6 handballs. 27 Goals, 19 Behinds. 34 Clearances, 86 Inside
50m, 21 Rebound 50m. 57 Tackles.
Travis Boak, Port Adelaide. All Australian 2013. 21 games in 2014. 230 kicks, 79 marks, 331 handballs (third in the AFL), averaging 11.0 kicks, 3.8 marks, 15.8 handballs. 17 Goals, Five Behinds. 111 Clearances, 103 Inside 50 (fifth in the AFL), 19 Rebound 50m. 82 Tackles.
Robbie Gray, Port Adelaide. Never Previously All Australian. 22 games in 2014. 275 kicks, 91 marks, 276 handballs, averaging 12.5 kicks, 4.1 marks, 12.5 handballs. 34 Goals, 30 Behinds. 128 Clearances (seventh in
the AFL), 76 Inside 50, 24 Rebound 50m. 64 Tackles.
Jay Schulz, Port Adelaide. Never Previously All Australian. 22 games in 2014. 193 kicks, 141 marks (tenth in the AFL), 77 handballs, averaging 8.8 kicks, 6.4 marks, 3.5 handballs. 62 Goals (second in the AFL), 22 Behinds. Two Clearances, 41 Inside 50, Three Rebound 50m. 54 Tackles.
Brandon Ellis, Richmond. Never Previously All Australian. 22 games in 2014. 346 kicks (sixth in the AFL), 123 marks, 235 handballs (ninth in the AFL for disposals), averaging 15.7 kicks, 5.6 marks, 10.7 handballs. 10 Goals, 11 Behinds. 41 Clearances, 64 Inside 50m, 90 Rebound 50m (fifth in the AFL). 53 Tackles.
Dustin Martin, Richmond. Never Previously All Australian. 21 games in 2014. 365 kicks (second in the AFL), 104 marks, 166 handballs, averaging 17.4 kicks, 5.0 marks, 7.9 handballs. 27 Goals, 14 Behinds. 54 Clearances, 80 Inside 50m, 40 Rebound 50m. 54 Tackles.
Alex Rance, Richmond. Never Previously All Australian. 17 games in 2014. 146 kicks, 97 marks, 149 handballs, averaging 8.6 kicks, 5.7 marks, 8.8 handballs. Zero Goals, Zero Behinds. Seven Clearances, 14 Inside 50m, 54
Rebound 50m. 48 Tackles.
Nick Riewoldt, St Kilda. All Australian 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009 (captain). 22 games in 2014. 262 kicks, 191 marks (first in the AFL), 105 handballs, averaging 11.9 kicks, 8.7 marks, 4.8 handballs. 49 Goals (10th in the
AFL), 21 Behinds. Three Clearances, 72 Inside 50, 11 Rebound 50m. 31 Tackles.
Lance Franklin, Sydney Swans. All Australian 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012. 19 games in 2014. 226 kicks, 116 marks, 86 handballs, averaging 11.9 kicks, 6.1 marks, 4.5 handballs. 67 Goals (first in the AFL), 44 Behinds. 10 Clearances, 76 Inside 50m, Two Rebound 50m. 60 Tackles.
Josh Kennedy, Sydney Swans. All Australian 2012. 20 games in 2014. 243 kicks, 63 marks, 336 handballs (second in the AFL in handballs and tenth in the AFL in total disposals), averaging 12.1 kicks, 3.1 marks, 16.8 handballs. 12 Goals, 18 Behinds. 126 Clearances (eighth in the AFL), 91 Inside 50 (tenth in the AFL), 16 Rebound 50m. 114 Tackles.
Nick Malceski, Sydney Swans. Never Previously All Australian. 21 games in 2014. 390 kicks (first in the AFL), 84 marks, 130 handballs, averaging 17.6 kicks, 4.0 marks, 6.2 handballs. Eight Goals, Six Behinds. 24 Clearances, 80 Inside 50, 107 Rebound 50m. 64 Tackles.
Luke Parker, Sydney Swans. Never Previously All Australian. 22 games in 2014. 255 kicks, 92 marks, 315 handballs (fifth in the AFL), averaging 11.6 kicks, 4.2 marks, 14.3 handballs. 21 Goals, 12 Behinds. 104 Clearances, 72 Inside 50m, 32 Rebound 50m. 134 Tackles (seventh in the AFL).
Nick Smith, Sydney Swans. Never Previously All Australian. 20 games in 2014. 165 kicks, 75 marks, 145 handballs, averaging 8.2 kicks, 3.8 marks, 7.2 handballs. Zero Goals, One Behind. 12 Clearances, Six Inside 50m, 53 Rebound 50m. 53 Tackles.
Eric Mackenzie, West Coast. Never Previously All Australian. 22 games in 2014. 232 kicks, 159 marks (fourth in the AFL), 105 handballs, averaging 10.5 kicks, 7.2 marks, 4.8 handballs. Two Goals, Zero Behinds. Two Clearances, 21 Inside 50m, 74 Rebound 50m. 37 Tackles.
Matt Priddis, West Coast. Never Previously All Australian. 22 games in 2014. 261 kicks, 56 marks, 366 handballs (first in the AFL in handballs and first in the AFL in total disposals), averaging 11.9 kicks, 2.5 marks, 16.6 handballs. 10 Goals, Eight Behinds. 147 Clearances (second in the AFL), 70 Inside 50, 44 Rebound 50m. 161 Tackles (third in the AFL).
Tom Liberatore, Western Bulldogs. Never Previously All Australian. 22 games in 2014. 244 kicks, 61 marks, 278 handballs, averaging 11.1 kicks, 2.8 marks, 12.6 handballs. Seven Goals, Five Behinds. 154 Clearances (first in the AFL), 69 Inside 50m, 39 Rebound 50m. 173 Tackles (first in the AFL).
  • Like 1

Attending the Collingwood Fan’s Forum

Last night, I snuck into Collingwood’s fan forum.It wasn’t that hard to do, I walked in carrying a slab of Woodstock Bourbon and coke and I also hadn’t showered for three days.

There were about 1000 people there and apart from looking like a casting call for Underbelly, they were all pretty pleasant.

The meeting kicked off with an address by Club President Eddie McGuire. He talked a lot about Collingwood, so it just seemed like listening to him on TV or his radio show.

Eddie’s speech was very ‘pro-Collingwood’ and ‘pro-the decisions Eddie has made.’

The key theme of his speech was that Collingwood were very well placed to challenge for a Premiership in the next few years and failure this year was all Sydney’s fault.

He carefully explained how the Swans and many interstate clubs had secret underground laboratories that used the DNA of great AFL players to create ‘super footballers’.

Eddie said this was all the work of an anti-Collingwood group at the highest levels of power. This is why Adam Goodes was named Australian of the Year.

I have to admit, it was a pretty convincing argument.

He then said criticism of ‘Eddie McGuire Thought’ in the movement would not be tolerated and members would be expelled if they didn’t toe the party line.

He explained that Nathan was an amazing coach, Mick Malthouse was a traitor to the club and equalisation was the work of ‘foreign devils from South Australia.

http://titusoreily.com/attending-collingwood-fans-forum/

Love itclap2.gif

• Like 2

I see Robinson's been told he won't be playing for the Blues next year, he'll either be traded or delisted as he's out of contract.

Word on the Soi is he might be heading to West Coast. Something about kindred spirits? whistling.gif

Oh BookMan I'm still fragile after Sydney threw the Richmond game.

Don't upset me anymorefacepalm.gif

• Like 1

AFL consulting with Collingwood to see if it's ok if Port wear black and white

pretty much sums up what most of already knew I think.

Rucci: The AFL needs to end the jumper debate by demanding every club have alternative strips

"ONE curiosity remains from the Port Adelaide jumper saga: Why did the AFL have to consult Collingwood after the Power asked to wear its traditional black-and-white jumper in Sunday’s elimination final?"

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/rucci-the-afl-needs-to-end-the-jumper-debate-by-demanding-every-club-have-alternative-strips/story-fniv6co0-1227045709756

• Like 1

AFL promises ANZ Stadium’s surface to be ‘sort of safe’

The AFL has moved swiftly to ‘kind of’ address concerns about ANZ Stadium’s surface, ahead of week one of the AFL Finals.

AFL Football Operations Manager Mark Evans said he thought the chances of players getting injured were ‘high, but not really, really high.’

“We say we take player safety very seriously and we’re committed to continue saying that,” said Mr Evans.

“That’s why we are taking immediate steps to make the surface sort of safe for the Sydney-Fremantle game.

“I’ve spoken to both clubs and assured them the surface would be safe-ish by Saturday.”

Swans Coach John Longmire said the proposed works on the ground made him a bit less worried.

“I guess it’s good they’re doing something. I mean, I sort of thought they’d do nothing, so this is better than that,” he said.

Fremantle Captain Matthew Pavlich said he and his teammates were really looking forward to the game and hopefully not getting injured. “It makes perfect sense to me to play at the white elephant that is ANZ Stadium, instead of the iconic SCG,” he said.

“The SCG just lacks the terrible surface, poor atmosphere and inconvenience to get to, that ANZ has in spades.”

The AFL said it was committed to playing at ANZ Stadium. “ANZ Stadium is a truly wonderful venue and footy fans just love it,” said Mr Evans. “If you hear anyone saying anything different, get me their names.”

http://titusoreily.com/afl-anz-stadium-surface-sort-safe/