Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

suck that up Ross you Toss. I guess you will be looking at another team now to coach. you are wahed up Ross and the Dockers window is almost closed

At least they've got a window chookawhistling.gif

BTW, your boy Zac Dawson had another great game after toweling up Tippett.

he would probably be captain at your club nowlaugh.png

hahahahaha......lets not let you pick the team chooka.

suck that up Ross you Toss. I guess you will be looking at another team now to coach. you are wahed up Ross and the Dockers window is almost closed

These comments are a bit rough, perhaps you would be better directing your diatribe at the cellar dwellers and all (including the bootlacer) involved there rather than a coach whose team suffered at least four cruel injuries at the wrong time of the season.

Well i've sobered up a bit nowbiggrin.png

Was gutted had a storm come thru and lost power for the night.

After a bit of ginning around got to listen to last 15 minutes on the radio.

As espected,i'm over the moon except for just listening to Brad Scotts interview saying were supremely confident as no other sides left has beaten us this year.

Those sort of comments can lead to getting a belting.facepalm.gif

The other game was great but shows that high pressure intensity can take it out of you and the dockers simply ran out of steam.

• Like 2

Its probably better if boomer didnt play.

Aaron Mullet could easily achieve what boomer does given another oppurtunity.

So for me Harvey,Mcmillin out.

Hansen and Mullet in.

• Like 1

With his loading, he was lucky to only get a week I think.

Got charged with negligent conduct. <deleted>!

I reckon it was reckless not negligent every day of the week.

Negligent is just that. Running at a bloke, leaving the ground,

collecting him in the head and splitting him open is reckless.

As if right on cue... North to challenge... Maybe they'll employ the JFK theory...

I've got no problems with Harvey getting done as it was nowhere near the ball.

But jeez,Zack Dawson gives a good old fashioned roundhouse and its deemed ok.

This must send a very clear picture from the mrp for the rest of the finals.

Lead with your fists,not your head.tongue.png

As if right on cue... North to challenge... Maybe they'll employ the JFK theory...

Probably more the joel selwood theory of how he masterminds body position to win free kicks.biggrin.png

Or the Harvey is old now and his reaction time isnt what it used to be.clap2.gif

Edited by farmerjo

Probably more the joel selwood theory of how he masterminds body position to win free kicks.biggrin.png

Or the Harvey is old now and his reaction time isnt what it used to be.clap2.gif

I did not think there was anything in the Harvey bump. One week was one week too much. It opens up pretty easily where Selwood got knocked and you get a lot of blood from the spot.

I'd rather see the MRP come down heavy on staging. They had their chance this year and failed. It will be worse next year

• Like 1

I did not think there was anything in the Harvey bump. One week was one week too much. It opens up pretty easily where Selwood got knocked and you get a lot of blood from the spot.

I'd rather see the MRP come down heavy on staging. They had their chance this year and failed. It will be worse next year

Earlier this year, MRP chairman Mark Fraser said: "This year the Tribunal guidelines were changed to include that head clashes were going to be cited for rough conduct and not [deemed] accidental or circumstances outside the control of the player, which we had done previously.

All North can argue is that the impact was below the level to constitute a reportable offence. This will be difficult given the incident drew blood from Selwood and he had to leave the ground.

Like the rules or not, I can't see how he will get off unless North invoke the Barry hall clausetongue.png

• Like 2

As we have a few swans supporters on board(and others interested),would be interested on your take off where it will be won and lost.

For me the obvious is Franklin has a habit of kicking big bags against us.

In my eyes,its about stopping mcviegh and his mates rolling off the back of packs on the half back line,

Weather conditions may play apart.Would like to see man on man football as a loose in defence will only help the swans.

16 goals should be enough to win it.Either way.

• Like 2

Earlier this year, MRP chairman Mark Fraser said: "This year the Tribunal guidelines were changed to include that head clashes were going to be cited for rough conduct and not [deemed] accidental or circumstances outside the control of the player, which we had done previously.

All North can argue is that the impact was below the level to constitute a reportable offence. This will be difficult given the incident drew blood from Selwood and he had to leave the ground.

Like the rules or not, I can't see how he will get off unless North invoke the Barry hall clausetongue.png

It's a bizarre rule change in my opinion. The type of rule change drawn by a committee of Lawyers and Insurance companies. Both Fyfe and Harvey's contact was accidental, and even after 20 replays you can't see any intention to knock the head.

• Like 2

As we have a few swans supporters on board(and others interested),would be interested on your take off where it will be won and lost.

For me the obvious is Franklin has a habit of kicking big bags against us.

In my eyes,its about stopping mcviegh and his mates rolling off the back of packs on the half back line,

Weather conditions may play apart.Would like to see man on man football as a loose in defence will only help the swans.

16 goals should be enough to win it.Either way.

'I don't think the Swans have been at their peak the last two Games. Against Richmond there was no incentive. They still dint look fully on against Freo.

Buddy's two goal s against Freo solidified the momentum in Sydney's favor and It would be good to see him have that role again. It depends also where Tippet, TReid, Goodes start the game. Tippet has been quiet the last two games, but he has been dong ruck work. I'm okay with him dragging a defender away from the goals. Goodes needs to mark the ball and stop the staging. Reid, it seems apparent he is being used in the role LRT was filling. Ruck/forward/defence. makes it easier to have that role when subbing a player, as you can sub a big man and move Reid into the position, r, but fark me! He has to kick some goals!

Sydney will not want North to be able to find too much space and run with ball into the 50.

The key for me will be Sydney's defence. Malceski is an important player and he will be missed if not fit. Rampe, only his second year is already solid. Bird as a defensive midfielder, Nick Smith, the ever solid Grundy and Shaw. Sydney's defence is also very good at forcing opposing teams to go wide when they enter the 50, reducing their ability to goal from the set shot

North have a lot of goal kicking options, but some of North's play can be driven by confidence, so when they are shut down it can be an issue for them. Also, North (even last week) can get a big lead and then in a blink of an eye let it slip away.

Anyway, i'll have my Red Rocks and some Cider on ice at hand. Things could get loud here, swearing a given

• Like 2

All I can say is Go the Swans and Hawthorn for this week. Will be back home next Tuesday night. Will have plenty of postings to read. I hope to get to see the Swans game on TV this weekend.

You'd be able to get tickets for teh game in Sydney....still 43,000 available apparently w00t.gif

43,000, +18,000 member available = approx 22,00 sold! Heading for a 40,000 crowd again

They really need to make ANZ have atmosphere like Port Adelaide, make it cheaper, or just go back to the SCG. Preliminary final should be getting 60,000

• Like 1

Now the cynic in me would suggest that the Scott brothers are

helping each other out againrolleyes.gif

Just like when Scott Thompson came out and supported Stevie J

'It was very minor': Selwood to back Boomer at Tribunal

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-15/selwood-backs-boomer-after-hit

Selwood was always going to side with Boomer, pretty clear on Saturday when he was ask what happened and he just shrugged it off...

I've given it a pretty decent run over the last couple of days, whilst it's a head clash, it's the fact that Boomer left his feet to affect the hit. Had Boomer stayed on the ground his head would've knocked Selwood well below the shoulders (probably around his stomach) and probably a more effective bump truth be told.

Rubbing Boomer out will free up K Jack (as that would be predicted match up) and gives the Swans some extra push.

Hopefully the Tribunal uphold the 1 match and ban him for an additional week for being a <deleted>! :P

• Like 2

Ed still has a hard-on for Sydney.

At 4.30 minutes he says Boomer left the ground due to biomechanicslaugh.png

Then goes on to say "Sydney would've taken it to court by now".

Let it go Edward.

I don't usually find Eddie funny BUT "he bleeds more than Norman Gunston" got a nose snort out of me.

• Like 1

Ed still has a hard-on for Sydney.

At 4.30 minutes he says Boomer left the ground due to biomechanicslaugh.png

Then goes on to say "Sydney would've taken it to court by now".

Let it go Edward.

Eddie really loathes Sydney...mainly its success I feel. also distracts from his own lack of success at Collingwood with teams and players who could have deliver a lot more than they did.

Either way it is boring hearing him harp on about it. I dont like he or Derm or their opinions. Good they are on that show together so it can be avoided tongue.png

Sydney did get a free pass with Barry Hall. I seem to remember them getting lucky with Tony Lockett also.

• Like 1

I'm following the Boomer case at the tribunal.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-16/live-north-melbournes-brent-harvey-fronts-the-tribunal

Jury deliberating now.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cleared judging by the direction the jury have been given by

the chairman David Jones.

Jones recalls recent Steve Johnson case with Scott Thompson and says "things are not always as they appear".

• Like 1