Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

Not a great finals game to watch unless you were a Syd supporter I guess.

It did really look like 1 versus 6 to be honest. Congrats to North for getting there

but all year I think there's been a huge gap after Port at 5th.

I'm hoping for a better game today.

If the hawks get up, it will set up a ripping GF.

Buddy might be the difference in the end.

Khun WillyWonka!! Tell me it ain't so!

Silky smooth handballing under pressure.

Lightning fast movement to ball carriers on the outside

Scintillating marks inside the 50

The youngsters denying North's big names the ball

Swans biggest ever finals win

4 to Buddy, 4 to Tippet, 3 to Goodes!

Magic to watch! tongue.png

Sydney V Hawks would be the best grand final match up. For me, up until last night, Hawthorn has been the best team all year. They would have to lift slightly to match the Sydney of last night, though you have to consider Sydney hopelessly outclassed North. Won't happen against the Hawks

Port could well upset the Hawks with their style of play, though unlikely. Sydney would love to face Port in the GF instead of Hawthorn I am sure

• Like 1

346886-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

RUCKMAN Patrick Ryder has quit Essendon and requested a trade to a new club.

The 26-year-old has been linked to the Brisbane Lions, Port Adelaide and Greater Western Sydney, but the Bombers were hopeful he could be convinced to stay.

In the wake of Essendon's case against ASADA being defeated in court on Friday, sources close to Ryder have told AFL.com.au that the ruckman has finalised his wish to leave the club just two years into a four-year contract.

The important ruckman could attempt leave the Bombers on the grounds they seriously breached their duty of care to him through the supplements scandal of 2011-12.

That clause could also be used to convince the Bombers to orchestrate a trade.

Essendon would receive no compensation for losing Ryder under the new rule, which was pushed by the AFLPA and introduced as a result of the club's breaches.

Ryder enjoyed probably his best season in 2014, averaging a career-high 26 hit-outs and kicking 20 goals in 21 games.

Earlier this week, Essendon defender Cale Hooker was hopeful Ryder would reject overtures from other clubs and stay with the Bombers

Wouldn't think GWS needed him

Giles wants out of GWS. - Giles to Essendon and Ryder to GWS

Giant set to lumber out as Giles looks for a trade.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-18/giant-wants-out

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

I couldn't see anyone sticking their hand up to go to Essendon at this stage.

If Brisbane get hold of Ryder and Beams, they could have a big year.

I couldn't see anyone sticking their hand up to go to Essendon at this stage.

If Brisbane get hold of Ryder and Beams, they could have a big year.

I wonder if he has any thoughts about going back home.He was originally recruited from East Fremantle as was Sandilands.

• Like 1

Well the stage is set, will the Hawks be able to enact revenge for 2012 or will the Swans take home the chocolates.

Looking at the match, the difference was Port and their woeful kicking! 16 behinds and only 4 of those rushed. Port did to the Hawks what Freo did to them last week.

This is the matchup everyone wanted, especially the Bondi Billionaires!

I'm sure we'll see Buddy at his absolute freakish best! There'll be nothing left in the tank, that's for sure.

Norm Smith prediction: Luke Parker

• Like 1

Well the stage is set, will the Hawks be able to enact revenge for 2012 or will the Swans take home the chocolates.

Looking at the match, the difference was Port and their woeful kicking! 16 behinds and only 4 of those rushed. Port did to the Hawks what Freo did to them last week.

I'm sure we'll see Buddy at his absolute freakish best! There'll be nothing left in the tank, that's for sure.

Could be a Buddy breakout game!

Port will be ruing their poor kicking in the first quarter. The game that could have been...

Still, not a bad game overall, and after seeing both side Sydney must be slight favorites for the Grand Final!

• Like 1

Port will be ruing their poor kicking in the first quarter. The game that could have been...

Still, not a bad game overall, and after seeing both side Sydney must be slight favorites for the Grand Final!

Bookman I think the swans have it

• Like 1

Far too many behinds from Port. They could have had that game, and nearly did in the end. 3 bloody points.

Swans will win the cup by 25pts.

• Like 2

Chooka's glasses have been blood red for the last 4 years.............you know the choice of a mans football team often reflects the character of that person hehehe,

Huh?

Khun krisb, you should know by now that early Sunday morning posts from khun AlexRRR are a result of him waking up still drunk from last night...

;)

• Like 1

Well seems my tipping has had it.

Looks like only Ripstanley, Will27 and Chooka can win the Finals tipping.

Well, we can discount chooka ...tongue.png

Is there any truth in the rumour that the home and away tips are being added

to the finals tipsbiggrin.png

New push to dump James Hird from Essendon could see him sacked before Christmas

ESSENDON coach James Hird could be sacked before Christmas with a rival ticket led by disgruntled supporters set to challenge the Paul Little-led board.

The Sunday Herald Sun understands that a group of influential heavyweights will meet this week to finalise a ticket to challenge the incumbent board at the club’s coming annual general meeting.

If successful the new board members will immediately call for James Hird to be removed as senior coach.

Hird yesterday flew out to San Francisco to complete an international business course as his club lurched to its lowest point since the supplement scandal was first revealed early last year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/new-push-to-dump-james-hird-from-essendon-could-see-him-sacked-before-christmas/story-fni0fiyv-1227065167570?sv=7c9f69cdb9e22b039a16eab39ed7ce88&nk=875b12e969154ec4dcc1b942a2ef9eb7

For a long time i thought it all a storm in a tea cup but the latest ruling pretty much kills off any notion that theres nothing in it, the Bombers should just cope it sweet and get on with the business of playing football.

Hird so keen to save his reputation if not careful will be the latest causality of the coaching merry go round.

Couldnt happen to a nicer team....though i did like Hird as a player.

• Like 2

Swans have bought and paid for the cup. Done and dustest

One man doesn't win you a premiership Chooks.

Remember Ross Lyon? whistling.gif

Ok, can you give him to WC?

Buddy, not Ross, hang on, either one will dotongue.png

Ahh, the excitement when it was announced he was coming to Sydney last year!

Well seems my tipping has had it.

Looks like only Ripstanley, Will27 and Chooka can win the Finals tipping.

Well, we can discount chooka ...tongue.png

Is there any truth in the rumour that the home and away tips are being added

to the finals tipsbiggrin.png

We both must have tipped the same margin last week..and almost the same the week before