saints

freo

gc

wce

swans

dogs

hawks

cats

Think the roo's will beat freo but dont want to put added pressure on themsmile.png

I believe I am the same as you Farmerjo.... I hope the Bulldogs dont let me down.... Not sure about Essendon either so that could change

Does anybody else think Port are a sneaky?

I think Geelong might be a bit flat after the Hawks game and Port will be hard to beat at home.

How true this was

• Like 1

Well I'm on a slide in the tipping, dropped to 5th and my margin has blown out to around 215.

The good side is I am still above Bookman who through out the challenge 2 weeks agotongue.png

Well I'm on a slide in the tipping, dropped to 5th and my margin has blown out to around 215.

The good side is I am still above Bookman who through out the challenge 2 weeks agotongue.png

Yes it was disappointing i couldn't get the 9 this week..which would have put me in a more familiar 1st place. Alas, I am even further from the Top tipper now, though I expect you will assist me in coming weeks to move above you on the leaderboard. laugh.png

Chimpy and myself will be studying the stats this week resulting in a guaranteed 9/9 next week. Chimpy has already gone bananas over Melbourne possibly upsetting Adelaide

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Only got 1 game today on Australia Network so missed the Port/Geelong game.

Was watching the Hawthorn/Richmond game and had to turn it off midway through

the 3rd quarter after Cyril kicked his 4th for the quarter and Bruce nearly had an accident

in his pants.

One of the guys said about Cyril "you'd pay to watch him train" whereas Bruce countered

with "you'd pay to clean his boots". He really takes the enjoyment out of it for me.

Haven't Richmond flown under the radar this year! They're 13th and are only a bee's dick

in front of GWS and they have Geelong next week.

All the games seem pretty straight forward next week with the possible exception of

Coll/Carlton and WCE/Freo??

North & Gold Coast?

If it was in Qld, I reckon GC might get up but will be hard for them in Vic.

Either way, a good test for them.

Port: 16.11

Cats: 9.13

smile.png

Are u a Port supporter sceadugenga?

Looks like Port has thrown up its credentials as genuine contenders this year?

Yes mate, I was a long time Port Magpies supporter and we have very high expectations after decades of success at a state level.

Many supporters are happy with their team having a good season showing improvement and competitiveness, genuine Port Adelaide supporters consider that we have had only one good season since entering the AFL.

• Like 1

Yep, I think the 1 million dollar price tags put's a bit of heat on. Not that it's his fault,

the market dictates the prices and ruckman and forwards tend to get paid over the odds.

John Worsfold explains Nic Nat's injury here and explains that he was never going to be

100% this year.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/23022869/woosha-lifts-the-eagles-lid-on-naitanui/

When he was All-Australian in 2012, he single handedly changed games.

He is also marketers dream and he puts bums on seats.

I don't think it helps that Dean Cox has possibly gone on a year too long and the midfield

is vanilla at best.

Yep, I think the 1 million dollar price tags put's a bit of heat on. Not that it's his fault,

the market dictates the prices and ruckman and forwards tend to get paid over the odds.

John Worsfold explains Nic Nat's injury here and explains that he was never going to be

100% this year.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/23022869/woosha-lifts-the-eagles-lid-on-naitanui/

I don't think it helps that Dean Cox has possibly gone on a year too long and the midfield

is vanilla at best.

I didn't realise he had signed for 5 years at $5 million! In the same article they have Fyfe listed as $500k

I don't think Nic Nat is worth $1million for his playing, nor is Buddy for that matter. But they both bring some marketability to the teams they play for and financially they would easily return their investment. (Buddy also looks better in hawthorn colours rather than red n white)

100% this year.

is vanilla at best.

I didn't realise he had signed for 5 years at $5 million! In the same article they have Fyfe listed as $500k

I don't think Nic Nat is worth $1million for his playing, nor is Buddy for that matter. But they both bring some marketability to the teams they play for and financially they would easily return their investment. (Buddy also looks better in hawthorn colours rather than red n white)

Am I missing something here?

AFAIK, Nic Nat hasn't even signed a new contract.

I think/thought the 1 million per year was being floated by the media.

He ain't worth a million just as Daisy Thomas ain't worth $700 000.

A lot of players are getting inflated wages these days due to the extra

clubs and free agency. Didn't Mumford get $600 000 from GWS and

Eddie Betts $2 000 000 for 4 years?

If Fyfe is getting $500 000, he's worth every cent in my book.

He's probably underpaid looking at some others.

Edited by Will27

I think/thought the 1 million per year was been floated by the media.

clubs and free agency.

My apologies KhunWill. I thought the articles were saying Nicnat had re-signed for 5 years...Just speculation.

My comparison with Fyfe was he is worth more than Nicnat, IMO

I love it when the commentators are ripping into a club one week and all up in their bums the next... Wait till Port start their annual slide...

We could be seeing Tippett & Butterfingers return this week against Brissie. BuddyMillions to be rested?

However..

Against Hawthorn we should see Goodes, BuddyMillions, Butterfingers and Cinderella...oh boy, watch out Hawthorn!

Top 4 this year?

Hawks

Geelong

Port

Sydney

I think/thought the 1 million per year was been floated by the media.

clubs and free agency.

My apologies KhunWill. I thought the articles were saying Nicnat had re-signed for 5 years...Just speculation.

My comparison with Fyfe was he is worth more than Nicnat, IMO

No probs mate.

I would take Fyfe over Nic Nat every day of the week.

I love it when the commentators are ripping into a club one week and all up in their bums the next... Wait till Port start their annual slide...

We could be seeing Tippett & Butterfingers return this week against Brissie. BuddyMillions to be rested?

However..

Against Hawthorn we should see Goodes, BuddyMillions, Butterfingers and Cinderella...oh boy, watch out Hawthorn!

Top 4 this year?

Hawks

Geelong

Port

Sydney

I think you can pencil in the Hawks, Port and Geelong.

I'm not sure about 4th spot. Maybe Syd, Freo and Coll?

Well there was talk earlier last week about the rolling mauls and where footy is headed.

I must say with the exception of the swans/dees game,that was the best round of football i've see in years.

Games are won and lost on half a dozen mistakes these days.

I've penciled in the kangaroos for 15 wins this year.

Will that be enough for 4th spot?

However..

Top 4 this year?

Hawks

Geelong

Port

Sydney

Fremantle are not even going to make the eight the way they are going at the moment.

• Like 1

However..

Top 4 this year?

Hawks

Geelong

Port

Sydney

Fremantle are not even going to make the eight the way they are going at the moment.

Yep, Freo are travelling almost as bad as the Eagles.

It makes this weeks derby just about a 50/50 methinks.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well there was talk earlier last week about the rolling mauls and where footy is headed.

I must say with the exception of the swans/dees game,that was the best round of football i've see in years.

Games are won and lost on half a dozen mistakes these days.

I've penciled in the kangaroos for 15 wins this year.

Will that be enough for 4th spot?

You are right Farmerjo, North have a very good chance of finishing top 4. They have probably the best draw of the top teams for the remainder of the season.

They play Geelong twice and Hawthorn once. They dont play Sydney, Freo, Port or Colingwood again this season.

I'm not keen on all this early "Port for the flag" talk.

As I said, we'll be hard to beat at AO but that's only half the games.

The first 5 rounds or so seem to throw up a lot of surprises each year and this year has been no exception. Port look better than last year and they also have a favourable draw this year. They meet Hawks once and don't meet Geelong again.

I wouldn't be backing them for the flag at this stage

• Like 2

This week tipping winner was Farmerjo with 6 I also had 6 correct but Farmerjo had the closest to the margin. Well done

I wish you hadn't changed your picks. Just caught up on the last 7 days of postings. I think it was about 4 pages.

Thanks Rip.

I made my changes causes hocking and goddard was out at essondon.

carlton had a big winning ratio over eagles.

and doggies didn't have enough height in backline,smile.png

From last to second in 6 weeks.

Thats how you do it bookman,no monkeys and dont believe chookas saints.biggrin.png

• Like 2

This week tipping winner was Farmerjo with 6 I also had 6 correct but Farmerjo had the closest to the margin. Well done

I wish you hadn't changed your picks. Just caught up on the last 7 days of postings. I think it was about 4 pages.

Thanks Rip.

I made my changes causes hocking and goddard was out at essondon.

carlton had a big winning ratio over eagles.

and doggies didn't have enough height in backline,smile.png

From last to second in 6 weeks.

Thats how you do it bookman,no monkeys and dont believe chookas saints.biggrin.png

Well done farmerjo!