Australian Rules Football 2014 - Tipping, Chat & The Dream Team

chooka

I have to ask, who is Hutchy ? Is he the bloke that never played AFL but got a start in the 1st Ted Whitten match and kicked a bag of goals ?

Surely you jest Ron. Craig Hutchinson is a well known AFL media journalist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Hutchison_(broadcaster)

I have to ask, who is Hutchy ? Is he the bloke that never played AFL but got a start in the 1st Ted Whitten match and kicked a bag of goals ?

He's a smart arse, humourless footy journo. Used to have a segment on the Footy Show years ago and pissed most people off. Friend of Eddy.

I find him miles better than Damien Barrett... Both useless in the overall scheme of things but I felt Hutchy was better...

I don't know of Barrett, apart from a quick google search just now.

Haven't seen the Footy Show since I left Australia.

Surely you jest Ron. Craig Hutchinson is a well known AFL media journalist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Hutchison_(broadcaster)

Not Jesting,I have not watched that sort of stuff for many years at least not from 1992 and I think longer than that.

Does anyone remember the bloke that I'm talking about. I think he might have come from amateurs or country football.

Edited by Ron19

Does anyone remember the bloke that I'm talking about. I think he might have come from amateurs or country football.

This could be the one I'm thinking of " legendary Mornington Peninsula Nepean Football League full-forward Simon Goosey. "

The 2006 event was held on June 14 at the Telstra Dome. Among the celebrity guests was Tasmanian Todd Russell, one of the miners rescued in the Beaconsfield mine collapse. He did not play in the match though, because he still had injuries from the accident.

The Victorian side was coached by Danny Frawley, whilst the All-Stars were coached by Wayne Carey and guest Todd Russell.

Speckies were taken by Victoria's Dermott Brereton and All-Star Adrian Fletcher.

Dermott Brereton dished out rough play on former Hawthorn teammate John Platten, including an illegal elbow to Platten's head whilst the rover attempted to tackle and an illegal bump behind play.

A male streaker was arrested by security guards in the third quarter.

Guest appearances included comedians Peter Rowsthorn and Russell Gilbert and legendary Mornington Peninsula Nepean Football League full-forward Simon Goosey.

The shootout at the end only featured 4 kickers per side, unlike the 5 stated by commentators.

• Like 1

Bookman,you decided your tips yet.biggrin.png

Or falling for the old change just before the game trick.biggrin.png

oho! I wont change again...after last week facepalm.gif I locked them in early in the week

I have Port tonight.

EDit: I refuse to look at my picks again in case i do decide to change one laugh.png

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Bookman,you decided your tips yet.biggrin.png

Or falling for the old change just before the game trick.biggrin.png

oho! I wont change again...after last week facepalm.gif I locked them in early in the week

I have Port tonight.

EDit: I refuse to look at my picks again in case i do decide to change one laugh.png

I'm hearing you BookMan, if I keep looking, I keep reading different

stuff into it. My first gut feeling on a Monday morning is usually pretty spot on.

I have Port tonight also, but I think Carlton will provide an upset.

I don't have the balls to pick them though. Another Friday night loss

would kill mefacepalm.gif

• Like 1

I wonder if he will stay in the side when Kennedy is back.

Will be interesting to see how he goes to be honest.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in the yellow and blue next yearbiggrin.png

Not just Kennedy. Mcglynn and Bird too. Oh, the embarrassment of riches! laugh.png

• Like 1

I wonder if he will stay in the side when Kennedy is back.

Will be interesting to see how he goes to be honest.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in the yellow and blue next yearbiggrin.png

Are they changing the colour of the substitute vest next year Khun Will27? You been drinking the eddy kool aid again haven't you :P

• Like 1

Never saw t*at one coming Trend Setters.

Port looked good but Carlton flew t*e flag.

Of course, every team t*at plays well on Friday n ig*ts, Bruce

t*inks t*ey're a c*ance for t*e flag.

Sorry for t*e asterisks, my * is not workingsad.png

• Like 1

Never saw t*at one coming Trend Setters.

Port looked good but Carlton flew t*e flag.

Of course, every team t*at plays well on Friday n ig*ts, Bruce

t*inks t*ey're a c*ance for t*e flag.

Sorry for t*e asterisks, my * is not workingsad.png

I wondered why you were writing an expletive laden post about a Port game laugh.png

Port shot back to form for sure, but the real test for Port will be against Freo next week.

I cannot see Freo giving them all that space to run on the outside.

Sydney would rather play Port than Freo in their first finals game though w00t.gif

• Like 1

For those who haven't heard, ASADA offeed Cronulla Sharks Rugby League players a 3 week ban for injecting peptide. Will we see a similar offer for the Essendon players?

Controversy though. Other sports not happy, and why would they be?

Olympic athletes slam Sharks' ASADA deal

Australian Olympians have slammed the deal struck between the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority and more than a dozen Cronulla players from the Sharks' 2011 squad.

A retrospective suspension agreed to on Friday will mean 10 current NRL players will miss as little as three rounds of the season despite having to make admissions about their role in the club's supplements program three years ago.

The deal, and its acceptance by most of the 17 past and present Sharks who were issued show-cause notices this week, has infuriated Australia's Olympic athletes.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/olympic-athletes-slam-sharks-asada-deal-20140822-1075hj.html

Edited by BookMan

For those who haven't heard, ASADA offeed Cronulla Sharks Rugby League players a 3 week ban for injecting peptide. Will we see a similar offer for the Essendon players?

Controversy though. Other sports not happy, and why would they be?

Olympic athletes slam Sharks' ASADA deal

Australian Olympians have slammed the deal struck between the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority and more than a dozen Cronulla players from the Sharks' 2011 squad.

A retrospective suspension agreed to on Friday will mean 10 current NRL players will miss as little as three rounds of the season despite having to make admissions about their role in the club's supplements program three years ago.

The deal, and its acceptance by most of the 17 past and present Sharks who were issued show-cause notices this week, has infuriated Australia's Olympic athletes.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/olympic-athletes-slam-sharks-asada-deal-20140822-1075hj.html

Maybe the light punishments are a ploy to get Essendon to roll over and finally put the matter to bed.

Sharks sanctions could be overruled

The World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) has been urged to overrule the "light" punishments dished out to past and present Cronulla Sharks players, it's been reported.

Despite lawyers for the players saying they received a guarantee from ASADA that WADA would not interfere in the sanctions process, News Corp Australia reports that WADA's chief executive is yet to review the evidence from the 17 doping cases.

Former WADA boss John Fahey has said ASADA's "light" penalties made a joke of anti-doping integrity in Australia and he has strongly urged WADA chief executive David Howman to review and overrule the sanctions.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8895051

North v Adelaide today.

Most difficult game of the week to pick?

I'm sticking with North, as per my 'don't change my tips..again...ever...never ever' policy

Being played in Tasmania

North gone to sleep again...

Adelaide last 8 scoring shots 49 -36

North v Adelaide today.

Most difficult game of the week to pick?

I'm sticking with North, as per my 'don't change my tips..again...ever...never ever' policy

Being played in Tasmania

North gone to sleep again...

Adelaide last 8 scoring shots 49 -36

Three quarter time BookMan and it's still anyone's game.

• Like 1

Roos lead 94-79. Pods marks for Adelaide 30 metres out. Punches the Roos player on the mark in the stomach and gives away a penalty to the Roos...then a 50 metre penalty. laugh.png

Adelaide kick a goal...back to 94-85 w00t.gif7.00 minutes to go!

oopss.... Adelaide turn over from a mistake inside the 50 for the 3rd time in the game. 3rd time leads to a goal for the Roos!

Roos back to 16 point lead. 6.44 to go

Adelaide score a goal! back to 10 point. 6.00 minutes to go! 101-91

Pods blows a set shot on goal for Adelaide- 4.18 to go! Roos lead 101-92

Rushed behind to Adelaide 101-93. 2.50 minutes to go!

Pods a set shot for goal for Adelaide. hits the post!! 1.21 minutes to go 101-94. 7 points in it!

North hang on to win! The roos by 7 points.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Roos lead 94-79. Pods marks for Adelaide 30 metres out. Punches the Roos player on the mark in the stomach and gives away a penalty to the Roos...then a 50 metre penalty. laugh.png

Adelaide kick a goal...back to 94-85 w00t.gif7.00 minutes to go!

oopss.... Adelaide turn over from a mistake inside the 50 for the 3rd time in the game. 3rd time leads to a goal for the Roos!

Roos back to 16 point lead. 6.44 to go

Adelaide score a goal! back to 10 point. 6.00 minutes to go! 101-91

Pods blows a set shot on goal for Adelaide- 4.18 to go! Roos lead 101-92

Rushed behind to Adelaide 101-93. 2.50 minutes to go!

Pods a set shot for goal for Adelaide. hits the post!! 1.21 minutes to go 101-94. 7 points in it!

North hang on to win! The roos by 7 points.

I thought it was a soft turnover for the ump for a push in the guts.

But dumb by Pods.

At the end of the day, I counted 4 goals from direct turnovers by Ade.

I think that was the diff. And why didn't Sando move Thompson off of Ziebell?

I missed out on the point but happy as that leaves WC in a good position to

sneak into the 8.

• Like 2

GWS v Collingwood game is a bit of struggle.

GWS was looking at running away with the game but Collingwoood have come from 21 down to level the scores near the end of the 3rd. 43-43

Collingwood take the lead for the first time in the game with just 5.43 minutes to go in the game. 69-67!

GWS was looking at running away with the game but Collingwoood have come from 21 down to level the scores near the end of the 3rd. 43-43

Collingwood take the lead for the first time in the game with just 5.43 minutes to go in the game. 69-67!

I can't win a trick BookMan.

Picked GWS, led all day and lostbah.gif

• Like 1

I can't win a trick BookMan.

Picked GWS, led all day and lostbah.gif

I picked them as well tongue.png

GWS should have won that by 30 points.

Farmerjo will be looking at insurmountable lead now