PM Yingluck seeks House dissolution

webfact

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai PM says parliament to be dissolved

BANGKOK, December 9, 2013 (AFP) - Thailand's embattled Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra announced early Monday that parliament would be dissolved as anti-government protesters kicked off a major rally in the capital.

"After consultation with many parties, I have submitted a royal decree requesting parliament be dissolved," she said in a nationally televised speech.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2013-12-09

Does this not seem like deja vu. Democrats resign, election called, democrats boycott -- coup?

Any bill that is in progress dies.

Since Amnesty was off the table, it will not be on the election platform.

Anyone know if an elected Senate can be put to a referendum? What did the constitutional court say?

Is Suthep willing to put his appointed peoples council up for a referendum -- he has previously said a referendum after that - not for that. Personally I doubt it a big defeat would be a loss of face.

Edited by cacruden

Thai PM says elections to be held 'as soon as possible'

BANGKOK, December 9, 2013 (AFP) - Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra announced Monday she would call a general election "as soon as possible" in an attempt to resolve the political crisis gripping the country.

"The government does not want any loss of life," she said in a nationally televised speech, as anti-government demonstrators began another major street rally in the capital amid fears of fresh violence. "I will consult with the Election Commission to set up the election date as soon as possible."

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2013-12-09

does that mean that all cards are off the table, no return of the amnesty bill etc?

Yep.

Sure ?? I thought the amnesty bill was headed back to the house in 180 days. Where it may or may not pass.

Oh wait , last time it passed by 315 to zero. Guess that means it will pass again ??