PM Yingluck seeks House dissolution

webfact

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PTP wins because of demographics controlling the largest regional block. Vote buying exists on both sides but it did not swing the election. It is just an excuse to demean a whole cross section of voters and that is why they cannot get their votes... their not that stupid to know what is being said about them.

Perhaps foreign envoys will even be asked to monitor the new elections...

Too bad Suthep can't handle power any better than Dr. Thaksin

Dissolution and new elections is all that Suthep should expect.

I hope he doesn't 'blow it' and continue his demand for an unconstitutional council.

Even a new Thaksin government won't be bold enough to propose a new Thaksin amnesty.

• Like 1

The Democrats are unelectable in the North and North-east, so won't be very keen.

ofcourse their unelectable the mp for ubon is a democrat....1 of the 9 dems that resigned the other month and 1 other up here to you know ubon near phuket...

Smart move by her brother,

It seems whatever she does or says, people say it's her brother.....

Can someone show me the proof?

Yingluck may not be the smartest cookie, but I suspect that many ThaiVisa posters who keep posting their pathetic 'big brother speaks', 'brother acts' comments etc, are conjuring up claims out of thin air.

Whatever ... the Democrats will lose the next election anyway, as usual

Simon

555. Come on! You can't really believe for one second, that Thaksin has no say on things? You really believe that? Even the other Red Shirt supporters aren't that blind to that.

What proof do you want? He chose his sister, he basically admitted it in an Interview with New York times or something, the Skype calls, the vote buying!

You're not exactly going to get video evidence from a PTP MP that either has family or financial connections with him to grass him up and give us the evidence are you?

I say we all get together and file a petition with the NSA in America. They seem to have tapped the phone records of world leaders, so they would surely have a recording of Yingluck discussing with Thaksin about what to do next....

• Like 2

Well, by already saying it will go on even with the election Suthep has backed the Democrats into a corner -- which means I cannot see them not boycotting the election. If Suthep thought his plan was so good he would "compromise" and put it to a referendum as part of this election cycle..... but I doubt he would do that.

• Like 2

The Democrats are unelectable in the North and North-east, so won't be very keen.

A but hard to get elected in areas where you get hounded & chased out of town by red shirts while trying to campaign.

There are occasions when this happens. However, one of my near neighbours in a not-so-poor Isaan village is a well-heeled Democrat local politician. He built a high wall, but generally seems to go unmolested. From what I've seen in the past, his hirelings will be doing the rounds dishing out the dosh with the best of them, But the locals are not keen; they are tired of the 'we elect, Bangkok rejects' cycle and there is genuine anger from some.

Edited by citizen33
  • Like 1

Smart move by her brother,

Wipe the slate clean, get re-elected, start a fresh agenda

It won't be an easy election for them... they will have to explain too many things they've done.

It won't be an easy election for the Democrats if they persist with these tactics. Thais - it used to be said, and it's still true to an extent I reckon - are instinctively conservative and are quick to turn against political protesters, even if they're in the right. That's how the Democrats actually won the 1992 election, by NOT being part of the protests. Chuan said that he stood for democracy, but not chaos and that he believed in the parliamentary system. Chamlong lost out because he was perceived to be one of those who created a chaotic situation, despite the fact that his actions were thought to be heroic by many.

Good history lesson, but I wouldn't say that this protest has been particularly chaotic except for R.U. incidents which is something that I hope isn't swept under the rug. The Democratic candidates only have to explain or justify the protests in Bangkok, whereas the PTP candidates have the burden of explaining all their policies for the whole of Thailand.

• Like 2

Killing 2 birds with one stone,all the money losing scams they have

perpetrated ,she will be able to walk away from,leaving one hell of

a mess, and she can blame it on the last Government !,and lives

to rule another day and will carry on with the same stupid policies

that have nearly brought Thailand to its knees.

I believe she wanted this all along,it is the only way to get out of

the rice scheme err, Scam,there will be no way of knowing how

much money has been wasted,who really benefited,

regards Worgeordie

What does this mean?

End of protests?

Means she will buy the election to be PM again and everything starts again in 6 month or so

Yingluck is damaged goods, and I think will be thrown under the bus due to the rice scam. That will help clean

up PTP from the billions of baht that was stolen.

Then PTP will run She Who Must Be Obeyed in the next " election".....

When will Thailand be free from Thaksin clones? What is the life expectancy of Thaksin going forward? He must be in

his mid sixties, am guessing life expectancy for a Thai ( oops I meant Chinese) male must be the mid seventies ?

• Like 1