Anti-gov. protests in CM ?

daoyai

Took place at CMU this morning. About 200 students and teachers. About 15 BIBs watching over, all smiles. CMU is Yingluck's alma mater. Protest was against her.

When people protest against you at the school you attended, chances are you have messed up in life.

• Like 1

Was against the government. Article here: http://www.chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=2807

Real question remains what they hope to achieve, given that parliament was dissolved and new elections called within 60 days.

So a shiny new opportunity for the Democrat party to prove the current government isn't wanted by most people.

Which is just as well, as I'm not sure they have any other options than to actually win an election, as Yingluck never hosted a cooking show... (And probably can't even cook worth $%#$*&(#. :rolleyes: )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Buying votes with cash during campaigning is not the problem. The problem lies in the populist programs the parties will propose, to win votes, which would certainly make things more expensive and people less indigenously warm and friendly, as already witnessed! Some, previously, said, oh, the programs are for helping the poor! Really?

All what had been accomplished has made people more materialistic - buying on credit of the latest phones, cars, gadgets, and etc - and work less hard without raising productivity and the strife for innovations (except for protesting). This trend is irreversible once started!

• Like 1

Was against the government. Article here: http://www.chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=2807

Real question remains what they hope to achieve, given that parliament was dissolved and new elections called within 60 days.

So a shiny new opportunity for the Democrat party to prove the current government isn't wanted by most people.

Which is just as well, as I'm not sure they have any other options than to actually win an election, as Yingluck never hosted a cooking show... (And probably can't even cook worth $%#$*&(#. rolleyes.gif )

the Dems have not won an election in the last 9 attempts and won't win the 10th either

they can shout and rant all they like but lose they will

Well it is perfectly obvious that there are mentally challenged and shouting and ranting will never get common sense into them.

Just more proof that Thailand needs to up there game when it comes to education. That is a dig against the present and all past governments.

To elect means "to choose or make a decision." The choice and the decision depends on who provides the most baht.

I know this is not what you mean but most governments are the party with the most money. Here in Thailand I am not sure. It might just Be the party willing to spend the most.wai2.gif

edit spelling

Edited by hellodolly

Which is just as well, as I'm not sure they have any other options than to actually win an election, as Yingluck never hosted a cooking show... (And probably can't even cook worth $%#$*&(#. rolleyes.gif )

the Dems have not won an election in the last 9 attempts and won't win the 10th either

It`s when the shouting and ranting stops and then what happens next is what worries me.

i heard this morning that the Chiang Mai police are on amber alert and that flare ups of trouble could hit Chiang Mai in any areas at any time.

I have been asked to pass on a message that farangs would be wise not to wear yellow or red for the present.

Fasten your seatbelts, it maybe a rough ride ahead.

It`s when the shouting and ranting stops and then what happens next is what worries me.

i heard this morning that the Chiang Mai police are on amber alert and that flare ups of trouble could hit Chiang Mai in any areas at any time.

I have been asked to pass on a message that farangs would be wise not to wear yellow or red for the present.

Fasten your seatbelts, it maybe a rough ride ahead.

"I have been asked to pass on a message... "

Who asked you?

Was it a Chinese-looking man with a Montenegrin passport?

• Like 1