I have done the best I could, Yingluck tells coalition partners

webfact

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously though, Thailand is resolving its differences a lot better than, let's say, Egypt.

IMO, the only difference between Egypt and the current situation, is that the Army has not stepped in because it is not necessary, and that the main aggressors have been agents acting with agression on behalf of criminal elements residing abroad. In my eyes the situation in Thailand is not much better than Egypt, and the economy is heading the way of Greece if the Goose that lays the golden egg/s are not identified and protected with sound and prudent planning... in reference to the export sector and tourism.

"Although the premier did not inform the coalition partners herself, she was quoted as telling her allies that she "had done the best that she could", the source said."

In the 2.5 years she has been the Prime Minister the best she could do was to lead Thailand to the point of no government today!!

to be honest with you and as a totally unbiased onlooker she seems to have handled the whole thing with some class. I think (and it's only my opinion of course) is that this Suthep chap is a first class sociopath. he can't win an election so he tries another way to rig it in his favour by doing his best to rid Thailand of democracy and lead by mob rule, anarchy is the word. He wants to tear down a democratically elected government (which shows what the people think of him, right? They'd rather have a convicted criminal's sister at the helm than Suthep or anybody else) and install an unelected "people's council". Who decides who will be on this council? Suthep? So he wants to be a dictator and some people (like you for example) think this is better than a democratic option? You might be right but back to your statement, it seems to me Suthep is responsible for bringing down the government not the PM.

"it seems to me Suthep is responsible for bringing down the government not the PM."

Had her government (and make no mistakes because she says it was her government) done its job then there would be no mass demonstrations and dissolution of parliament.

It doesn't make any difference what she did or did not do. Suthep wants to be the dicator here, no matter what. I'm interested to know what you think she didn't do that she should have done better. In a normal democratic society if the people are not happy, then when the elcetions come around again they say that with their votes, that what demcoracy is about right? She won a no confidence vote so what else? Listen to some mental case who is 2nd only to Thaksin in the corruption stakes? Somebody who stands up and says we don't want democracy - when he means HE doesn't want democracy because it interferes with his personal agenda?

I am sick of the pro-TS here keep only pointing at Suthep. What if today the person is not Suthep who want to overthrow the TS regime? What if he is only a Thai common citizen? What have you got to say?? After questions about the corruptions, problems and responsibilties,trying to above the law. Doesn't YL as the elected PM has any role to play?? SHe need not give any answer??? Dodging here and there. She HERSELF should have feel bloody shamed and volunteer to quit her PM position.

Some people may say whoever in-charge ,corruption is still around.

No change, means thing is done. Forever in TS regime, corrupted, citizens having hard life.

Try to change, may have chances to have a new corrupted free nation. It is very hard but slowly start better than no start.

I personally believe after this time protest, Suthep himself will aware that power is still belong to the Thai people and they will unite and come out together to kick your ass out if you are doing harm to their country and their beloved Supreme leader (i do not mean Suthep). Suthep is not a dumbass either. He will not want to become same like TS, hated by so many own Thai fellow people. After this Suthep will take the corruption seriously (I personally believe).

NO change, everything same same

Try change, may have something no same.

Why not give a change?

Cheers~

• Like 1

Dear Lady, thank you for your service. Your detractors, all trying to outdo each other with their daily snarky witticisms and personal attacks, show only their own lack of class and manners. Carry on, you will prevail.

If Yingluck were a man, I would tell you to wipe off her white stuff from your mouth.

Since she's not, so I won't. whistling.gif

Edited by TVGerry

Were are all of the RED coats today??

Waiting for their daily briefing sheet to arrive rolleyes.gif, although we do have a normal spattering of the normal newbie low post count folks in ardent support of the reds. Spot a new name and it always is a new red supporter. Funny that!

Interesting observation. Many new names with low posts counts and often aggressive posts. I have been thinking about this too lately. Maybe there should be some kind of rule that you need to have a 1000 posts or so before you can comment on certain topics.

So, only the TV "Elite" would be allowed to post. Your anti-democratic views are showing. According to people you three, anyone who supports the government is automatically a "red". Anyone whose opinion differs from yours should be silent. Interesting.

• Like 2

Dear Lady, thank you for your service. Your detractors, all trying to outdo each other with their daily snarky witticisms and personal attacks, show only their own lack of class and manners. Carry on, you will prevail.

If Yingluck were a man, I would tell you to wipe off her white stuff from your mouth.

Since she's not, so I won't. xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p alt=whistling.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3700464609 width=19 height=18>

Thank you for proving my point.

Since she's not, so I won't. xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p alt=whistling.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3700464609 width=19 height=18>

Thank you for proving my point.

Anytime! Need a tissue? laugh.png

Waiting for their daily briefing sheet to arrive rolleyes.gif, although we do have a normal spattering of the normal newbie low post count folks in ardent support of the reds. Spot a new name and it always is a new red supporter. Funny that!

count me out jimbob.

Knew it. Ultimately she had to ask Thaksin what to do, discussed it with him rather than her coalition partners which says it all and reminds me why 250,000 people, the largest in recent memory, are on the streets wanting the Shinawatras gone. Out Out Damned Spot. Same as Marcos and Suharto, banish yourselves from the land!

I supposed it passed over your heads that the entire article, once again, was supposedly supplied by "a source", yet again not named but more likely completely fabricated by The Nation in their endless negative campaign againgst all things Shinawatra.

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

Waiting for their daily briefing sheet to arrive rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif alt=rolleyes.gif pagespeed_url_hash=2070704717 width=20 height=20>, although we do have a normal spattering of the normal newbie low post count folks in ardent support of the reds. Spot a new name and it always is a new red supporter. Funny that!

Interesting observation. Many new names with low posts counts and often aggressive posts. I have been thinking about this too lately. Maybe there should be some kind of rule that you need to have a 1000 posts or so before you can comment on certain topics.

Why not 2000 so you can be all by yourself posting?

• Like 2

Thailand has no democracy under Yingluck period!!!! I would take marcos over her anyday. I spent 9 years stationed at Clark AFB. I was their when Marcos ordered his Air Force to bomb the people at his palace. The air force loaded up the planes with bombs etc. and then flew to Clark AFB. Two hours later an American helicopter picked him, his wife and son and flew them to Clark. They then left the P.I on a C-141 plane bound for Hawaii.

Yingluck needs to board a Thai airways flight to Dubai and get out of Thailand!!! She has rivaled Obama in the destruction of Thailand compared to Obama"s destruction of AMERICA!!! This is not DEMOCRACY. Thailand will never be a democracy, period!!!

• Like 1

"Yingluck made the final decision after meeting coalition parties.

He said the former premier Thaksin, who is believed to be pulling the strings behind Pheu Thai Party, spoke to his sister Yingluck by phone on at least two occasions - on Saturday night and Sunday night - to prepare for House dissolution.

So, Yingluck, who is in complete charge, made the decision.....after speaking with her brother, who is only her caddie. Oh sure, i believe that. I wonder if Yingluck would like to strangle her brother at times, he just can't keep his mouth shut. Yingluck appears in the foreign press, insisting that it's all her, and then Thaksin sticks his nose in and tells the world, I did this, I said that, I told the cabinet, it must be like dealing with a child, no matter how many times she tells him to behave, he stamps his feet and yells.

• Like 1

He said the former premier Thaksin, who is believed to be pulling the strings behind Pheu Thai Party, spoke to his sister Yingluck by phone on at least two occasions - on Saturday night and Sunday night - to prepare for House dissolution.

Another of Thaksin's close aides said he had never seen Thaksin lose. If the former PM felt like he may lose, he must turn to start a new game.

Says it all really doesn't it. Thaksin realized he can't win so he told his puppet to give up and he would try and plan a different strategy, the fugitives grip over his cronies continues and his grip on power continues until the new election, he has 3 months to make a new game play. Can he hold out till June when the government will be able to re-ram HIS amnesty through parliament regardless of what every other person in the entire country thinks about it ?!. This is the problem. A convicted criminal fugitive has NO say in politics except for a rich vindictive billionaire megalomaniac. No other country in the world would tolerate such billigerance. They have to be removed by any means necessary...

And just who is this "he said", the one whose non credited statement you base your rant on? the old The Nation favourite "a source".

Never ceases to make me laugh how easily you and others are manipulated by the non credited bs that riddles The Nation.

Ever heard about newspapers making up stories to fit their agenda

( http://www.imediaethics.org/News/4086/Bangkok_post_retracts_front-page_story__faked_quotes_from_former_prime_minister.php)

Edited by fab4

yea enjoy kicking her

Thailand's first female premier broke the mold and I think she deserves credit

you guys might enjoy laughing at her now but PTP will win their 10th election because the majority of Thais support them - that's democracy folks! sorry you don't like it

What mold did she break ? besides being female ? If one is the PM of a Government one needs more than their gender.

• Like 1

Thailand has no democracy under Yingluck period!!!! I would take marcos over her anyday. I spent 9 years stationed at Clark AFB. I was their when Marcos ordered his Air Force to bomb the people at his palace. The air force loaded up the planes with bombs etc. and then flew to Clark AFB. Two hours later an American helicopter picked him, his wife and son and flew them to Clark. They then left the P.I on a C-141 plane bound for Hawaii.

Yingluck needs to board a Thai airways flight to Dubai and get out of Thailand!!! She has rivaled Obama in the destruction of Thailand compared to Obama"s destruction of AMERICA!!! This is not DEMOCRACY. Thailand will never be a democracy, period!!!

Imelda, or Ferdinand?

As an outsider looking in, it is baffling to me that Thailand has a parliament and calls its political system democratic when it has been well recorded that the political parties 'buy' votes and then when things don't go their way they just call their supporters out for a demonstration to oust the ruling party or coalition. Excuse me but that is not how democracy works boys and girls!

Rule 1:- Once a party has won a majority or is able to form a majority coalition it is deemed that a democratic government has been created and the parties which lose have to accept this and work within the parliamentary system to debate and vote for policies to improve the lives of all the people for the electoral term.

Rule 2:- If the opposing parties believe there is sufficient opposition 'within parliament' to the way in which the government is currently operating they may call for a vote of no confidence and if the governing party lose this vote then parliament is dissolved and a new general election is called for. If on the other hand the government win then the status quo resumes.

Get these two rules being followed and Thailand is halfway to democracy the other half will take more time probably.

"Although the premier did not inform the coalition partners herself, she was quoted as telling her allies that she "had done the best that she could", the source said."

In the 2.5 years she has been the Prime Minister the best she could do was to lead Thailand to the point of no government today!!

to be honest with you and as a totally unbiased onlooker she seems to have handled the whole thing with some class. I think (and it's only my opinion of course) is that this Suthep chap is a first class sociopath. he can't win an election so he tries another way to rig it in his favour by doing his best to rid Thailand of democracy and lead by mob rule, anarchy is the word. He wants to tear down a democratically elected government (which shows what the people think of him, right? They'd rather have a convicted criminal's sister at the helm than Suthep or anybody else) and install an unelected "people's council". Who decides who will be on this council? Suthep? So he wants to be a dictator and some people (like you for example) think this is better than a democratic option? You might be right but back to your statement, it seems to me Suthep is responsible for bringing down the government not the PM.

"totally unbiased onlooker"

You can't call yourself a ' totally unbiased onlooker' if you ignore a year or few of recent history.

Kool aid coming out your ears?

He is basically trying to eradicate the flaws in Thailand's current democratic system so as to have a free & fair election (not become a dictator), expose the high level corruption (don't tell me all past governments are guilty of this, I know that but this lot seem to have taken it to catastrophic levels).

If you are talking about sociopaths try looking up megalomania & see who fits that hat.

How do you eradicate flaws in a democracy by overthrowing the elected government in favor of a dictatorship?

Well. The supposed intention maybe to tweak certain laws to make corruption in government a far more serious crime and punishable despite immunity.

Now if that's a bad thing? I can't see it. They won't hang on forever, but it will be interesting to see their agenda. I think they will really get into the minutiae of vie buying, whistle blowing and even defamation to make it easier and safer to shop a crook.

If that's the case they might change Thailand forever.

yea enjoy kicking her

you guys might enjoy laughing at her now but PTP will win their 10th election because the majority of Thais support them - that's democracy folks! sorry you don't like it

Think it's not enjoying 'Kicking her" it is the Family and the running down of Thailand through the trough.

You have no Idea who will win the next election, only through your rose glasses. If the coalition partners do not join them next time (and maybe not if the Shins are out) and no noses in the trough. and with naturally a less than the 48% because of corruption exposure, and family out--you think about it.

My thoughts only, along with the majority of posters, I wonder why the posters are not in favour of the clan. what have posters to lose ???

So you then think that most posters are misguided ??? and the minority are clear thinking.???

the Dems have lost the last 9 elections you really believe they will win this one? on other threads the majority is opposite of this one but that is irrelevant

posters who oppose democracy here, but not in their own country, are hypocrites

you think the majority of Thais support Suthept? you are seriously wrong

Does it matter who won the -Grand National years ago ???? The other threads all pro Thaksin ???? I am talking in general over years as well not on a couple of related threads.

Will you please use the word democracy properly--it isn't the ballot box --it's how the government run the job.

Please tell me your happy with the level of corruption with this regime ??? (never mind the s#it about other governments are corrupt)

Are you happy the top of their profession people-have the minister positions. ???

Are you happy in your so called democracy you have a P.M. also as defense minister ??? she is up to that job-usually you would need references.

To cap it all democracy run from another country and on top of that he is WANTED to serve his sentence here for crimes.

And all you do is complain about -it's not on to topple it. normally NO I agree BUT because they are NOT performing their role democratically. You still think it's wrong.

Giving me the dems have not won in the last 9 years, doesn't matter, and the outcome of the next election now this lot has been exposed more, well---like me you are guessing. without sitting back and thinking about things. Thais are no sick of this corrupt lot.

Edited by ginjag

Perhaps what she meant was, she did the best she could to help the brother?wink.png

Of which, incidentally, her abject failure on the main (only) plank of her manifesto simply succeeded in bringing her governments downfall!!

She forgot 1 crucial aspect ie: that the people from Bangkok and the South are neither gullible or stupid, unlike Thaksin's pathetic peasant sheep who are used to following orders from this despicable poor excuse of a human being!!

• Like 1

PUPPET POWER!!

Not that much different than the US of A, Canada, the UK or many other so called "developed" nations ...... Always a different puppet on the podium with the strings pulled by the same big corporations who line the puppets and the puppets party's pockets.

They come - they go - but it's always the same show. facepalm.gif

Time to WAKE UP and smell the petunias, people. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

yea enjoy kicking her

You are right binjalin, she was the first PM to be called a clone by a criminal on the run.