where should the Thai Visa open championships be held?

Jumalauta

where should the Thai Visa open championships be held?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted BKK.

BUT, my personal preference would be Laem Chabang or Siam CC (both Pattaya area). Note that this is from a golfing perspective.

On the other hand; an event like this would be more than a golfing event. It would be a social thing, and golf should be secondary.

Make this an annual event and I'll join you next year (especially if chuckd plays).

• Like 2

I have a friend who yet does not know that I will meet up in Thailand, he he... But Im sure he will also join this event if it happens.

It would be cool to go to Central. The Narai Hill looks nice! http://www.naraihillgolf.com/TH/home.php

Puyai, what course did you like in Lopburi?

Naraihill is the one I have played. It is a great course. There isn't a better course, value for money wise. It's very playable from the forward tees and goes to almost 7500 yards from the back. Greens are quick and being a hilly course you get some wicked breaking putts.

Once we get enough numbers will have to have a vote on a course to play, but I do think this would be a good place. Can't really get anymore central!

• Like 1

I voted northern because I live here. In reality Bangkok would be the best place as all areas have flights there.

This will be (I think) my 10th visit to LOS, I have never been but I always wanted to go to the north, It would be great to go there aswell.. :) But it looks like its going to be around the central parts of Thailand... But we will see how things develop, I think much depends on how many will participate and how far they are willing to travel...

At this point Im ready to play in Central, BKK and Pattaya. But,,, if there would be around 30 persons who actually would go to the north to participate, then i would also go..

:)

I have a friend who yet does not know that I will meet up in Thailand, he he... But Im sure he will also join this event if it happens.

It would be cool to go to Central. The Narai Hill looks nice! http://www.naraihillgolf.com/TH/home.php

Puyai, what course did you like in Lopburi?

Naraihill is the one I have played. It is a great course. There isn't a better course, value for money wise. It's very playable from the forward tees and goes to almost 7500 yards from the back. Greens are quick and being a hilly course you get some wicked breaking putts.

Once we get enough numbers will have to have a vote on a course to play, but I do think this would be a good place. Can't really get anymore central

Nara Hill looks great, A 2 day Championship there would be nice...

• Like 1

I have participated in a an annual event between social golfers from Hua Hin and Kanchanaburi which was over 3 days.....had an absolutely great time and met some funny and terrific new friends. Total number of golfers about 24.

I will be happy to attend the Thai Visa tournament, and I do recommend it be more than 1 day.

As mentioned before, the golf is secondary to the social aspect, so to be able to organise it so everyone is staying at the same accommodation is a big plus.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers.

• Like 2

I have participated in a an annual event between social golfers from Hua Hin and Kanchanaburi which was over 3 days.....had an absolutely great time and met some funny and terrific new friends. Total number of golfers about 24.

I will be happy to attend the Thai Visa tournament, and I do recommend it be more than 1 day.

As mentioned before, the golf is secondary to the social aspect, so to be able to organise it so everyone is staying at the same accommodation is a big plus.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers.

I could not agree more!

Nice to have you aboard, lets hope it will happen!

Madam and I would be interested ... if it's a men only do then I wouldn't be. There are so many nice courses to choose from and everyone will have there preference. Finding one with accommodation at a reasonable price could be a problem ... anyway maybe George would sponsor smile.pngsad.png

Madam and I would be interested ... if it's a men only do then I wouldn't be. There are so many nice courses to choose from and everyone will have there preference. Finding one with accommodation at a reasonable price could be a problem ... anyway maybe George would sponsor smile.pngsad.png

You and Madam are most welcome to participate in this event. Everybody are welcome to participate, the more people the better!

thumbsup.gif

Maybe Sir James in Saraburi is a good central location. I know that they offer good group deals, and have a decent hotel on site.

If central region wins though, I would Lotus Valley.

On second thoughts count us out ... I've just read views on tipping ......

Nara Hills

Sorry to burst your bubble.The course is in the middle of nowhere.You are stuck in the hotel

and there is nothing close by for food.

Course is average to say the least.

Im sure with buying power you can get a good deal at somewhere like Thana City.

Very central and easy to get too.

The restaurant at Narai hill is excellent. the course is very good. IMO, the only negative is that this time of year the koreans occupy the place. Bkk would be nice too, but dont make narai something its not.

This is a forum and also my opinion.

Everyone has their view i dont support your opinion.

For a decent competition to be held it has to be convenient

for everyone to get too.

Come up with an option more central and i may be inclined to sway your way

Have a good new year and plenty of good Golf

Potters

sawadee pee mai khap.

If we do this by democratic means, it means that the TV Open Championship will be held in the central region of Thailand. There are 22 members that have voted in total,

The question is how many people will participate in the Central Region? (Im putting up a poll for that)
Then we also have to vote on the golf course in Central region that we shall play, or do we just pic the one available???

Lets do this :)
Cheers!