Suthep announces 4-point demands against Yingluck govt

webfact

Suthep announces 4-point demands against Yingluck govt
By Digital Content

13867286803577.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 11 – Thai protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban made a vague announcement last night on the protesters’ next move against the government including a demand for the government's police forces to return to their barracks within 12 hours.

In his four-point demands, the former Democrat MP charged Yingluck Shinawatra with failing to relinquish her caretaker premiership within 24 hours as instructed by the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) on Monday night.

Now that Ms Yingluck has defied the order, the PDRC will take legal action against her and her colleagues for insurrection given their violation of the Constitution and rejection of the Constitution Court’s power, he said.

The PDRC instructed the national police chief to order all police officers to return to their respective units within 12 hours, as of 10.30 pm last night, and military personnel to provide security at government buildings since the military has been highly trusted, said Mr Suthep.

He urged Thai people to monitor the movements of the Shinawatra family members and all Cabinet members, and respond to them peacefully and non-violently.

The PDRC, of which Mr Suthep is secretary general, have rallied at two separate sites at the Democracy Monument and Nang Lerng. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-12-11

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I initially supported Suthep efforts to rid Thailand of the Thaksin regime and I am happy that the government has been dissolved but now I am embarrassed that I was taken in by a man I thought wanted change for the good of Thailand. He seems to becoming drunk on the power he thinks he has.

Don't be silly uty... it's called Thainess.

I see nothing remotely like being a dictator, he really has no option since PTP are still refusing to step down, it is called escalation which is a natural progression when the lesser fails to have effect - lets see if PTP stay or try to take flight, unless this is a bluff it would seem they will not be allowed to leave the country

As I said unless this is a bluff it's not hard to see where this is going

There is a need for change without a doubt - until the changes are made I see no point in holding elections - history doesn't lie

• Like 2

He can't say that without some serious backing... This is history in the making. You can agree or disagree with my opinions on the forum but this has never been done before. Wow!

Are you thinking what im thinking ? I suspect you are. whistling.gif

I am usually not very much on the same line with the Local Drunk (not with this one, at least thumbsup.gif )...but I totally agree.

Either that or Suthep has completely lost it!

"He ordered", "She did not obey..." <deleted>?

• Like 1

I see nothing remotely like being a dictator, he really has no option since PTP are still refusing to step down, it is called escalation which is a natural progression when the lesser fails to have effect - lets see if PTP stay or try to take flight, unless this is a bluff it would seem they will not be allowed to leave the country

Not acting like a dictator? He has no official authority or capacity. He's deemed himself in position to give orders to the police and army, and is demanding the current government throw away the constitution and give power to him and a "people's council" made of people he's chosen and approved of. It doesn't get more dictatorial than that. The only thing he is lacking the ability to actually enforce his decrees.

Adding: Keep in mind the current government has been dissolved, with Yingluck appointed as caretaker PM and elections set for February as stipulated in the constitution. Her appointment and the election date have been endorsed by the King.

He doesn't care who appointed or endorsed who. He now thinks he is the self appointed supreme ruler of the land. Suthep is truly a mad man of the highest order.

• Like 2

The man has obviously gone totally mad. Who on Earth gave him the right to order the police about, demand that YS resign as caretaker PM (which, by the way, would be illegal under the present constitution) and order the army on to the streets?

The Dear Leader is starting to think that he is the supreme authority, a very dangerous path to go down.

He did, when he declared the PTP/Yingluck government was no longer legitimate. The police are part of the problem.

This silver haired fox knows exactly what he's doing, step by step. The police haven't laid a hand on him, and after the rumored "secret" meeting with the current and former heads of the Thai Army, appears he's got all the backing he needs; which was probably the case from the very beginning.

He will be judged by history depending on his success or failure. The Founding Fathers of my country were rebellious dissidents, now revered as heroic patriots. Had they failed, would just be martyred footnotes on the Colony's Wiki page.

• Like 1

He can't say that without some serious backing... This is history in the making. You can agree or disagree with my opinions on the forum but this has never been done before. Wow!

Frankly, I am also thinking Wow! But I am thinking this is history in the repeating...

Are you thinking what im thinking ? I suspect you are. whistling.gif

Considering what he has gotten away with so far this is very serious ranking backing.