Nok Air adds more flights to Phrae

webfact

Nok Air adds more flights to Phrae

PNECO561211001000601_11122013_023926.jpg

BANGKOK, 11 December 2013 (NNT) -- Nok Air, one of Thialand's budget airlines, has increased the number of weekly flights from Bangkok to the northern province of Phrae to better serve surging demand.

The carrier will start flying between Bangkok and Phrae every day or seven flights a week on Wednesday. At present, it has only four flights a week in this particular route.

According to Pattara-Anong Na Chiang Mai, the director of Tourism Authority of Thailand's Phrae office, the popularity of Phrae among local and foreign tourists has continuously risen in recent years thanks to Phrae's richness in culture, history and tourist attractions.

Meanwhile, the province has successfully developed its facilities and hospitality sector in its bid to become the gateway to the North. The flight increase will help boost Phrae's tourism and other related sectors, attracting more visitors to the province.

The province is determined to double its gross domestic product (GDP) to 60 billion bahts in five years' time, thanks to the government's 2-trillion- baht infrastructure plan. The dual track rail system, which will be constructed in the near future will better link Phrae with other provinces further north.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-12-11 footer_n.gif

Good news for those of us who fly there.

Having a daily service, vs. 4 flights/week, is a huge improvement.

Phrae does give decent access to Nan and Phayao, very nice places to visit and certainly a bit less traveled by many tourists.

I often fly to LPT (Lamphang) as PG (Bangkok Airways) have daily service from Suvarnabhumi, and my final destination (Long, Phrae) which is about equidistant between these two airports.

Not sure how useful it is to compare flying vs. SRT? 1 hour travel time vs. 12+ hours, some of which will be spent "off-the-tracks".

Good news for those of us who fly there.

Having a daily service, vs. 4 flights/week, is a huge improvement.

Phrae does give decent access to Nan and Phayao, very nice places to visit and certainly a bit less traveled by many tourists.

I often fly to LPT (Lamphang) as PG (Bangkok Airways) have daily service from Suvarnabhumi, and my final destination (Long, Phrae) which is about equidistant between these two airports.

Not sure how useful it is to compare flying vs. SRT? 1 hour travel time vs. 12+ hours, some of which will be spent "off-the-tracks".

SRT does not go to Phrae. The closes station is at Den Chai some 30 km south.

SRT does not go to Phrae. The closes station is at Den Chai some 30 km south.

If by "Phrae" you mean the provincial capital (Amphur Meuang), then you are correct in that no SRT train services "Phrae" directly.

However Phrae is a large-ish province and the SRT services several stops within the province including Den Chai and Long (Ban Pin). (There are several more rural stops as well.)

Gosh! Does this mean the railway will come up highway 11 towards Rong Kwan? I thought that Phrae already had a daily service? Unless my friends and I have been catching a "Ghost" flight?

Any improvement to one of Thailands 5 poorest provinces is a step in the right direction, now all it needs is an "industry", any industry will do! wai.gif

I thought that Phrae already had a daily service?

In industry parlance, "daily service" means every day, seven days a week.

As was obvious from the article, DD is expanding their four days a week service to seven days a week, hence we use the term "daily service".