The compromise inside

Birdman

how many times I have parked my car on Chaweng and how many times someone from a shop or restaurant came to me asking to move the car. And how many times I thought, public street > public parkings, in the distant past. Now, I just walk there and move it, my car, without any bad feelings, almost automatically, not on the spot to let them know my opinion, and also not too late to let the situation badly escalate.

Any opinions anyone ?

• Like 1

In Chaweng, I usually park on the road by the lake opposite Camp Beer (sort of). Next to McDonalds. Walk through Maccers and there you are. For further south I park near Chaweng printing and for further north there is a parking area near Soi Green Mango (approached from the lake road).

Angthong's views are worth considering if you want to park next to your destination. "Few things in life are worth arguing over - parking space hardly qualifies."

But now and again I throw a wobbly and do the "Look - road tax. Look road. I can park here. Two minutes OK?" Check for nails under the tyres afterwards though!

• Like 1

so? what would you do?

Most here don't know what you are talking about. I know what you mean. Not much can do take your business to another location if possible. There is always the chance if you leave your vehicle parked they might key it and you won't see the damage till you get home. There are still some nice shop owner's but starting to get few and far. I have some sympathy for them when you see the rat bag tourist's they have to put up with.

so? what would you do?

Most here don't know what you are talking about. I know what you mean. Not much can do take your business to another location if possible. There is always the chance if you leave your vehicle parked they might key it and you won't see the damage till you get home. There are still some nice shop owner's but starting to get few and far. I have some sympathy for them when you see the rat bag tourist's they have to put up with.

I also have some sympathy for the poor delivery drivers that cannot easily gain access to deliver to the shop. wai.gif So they park in the street and block the traffic. facepalm.gif

However, I have no sympathy for the stuck up resort owners/managers who 'cone' the area near the hotel/resort so that their taxi friends can more easily rip off the VIP's. beatdeadhorse.gif

• Like 2